Replacement RPO Trunk Tag?

I emailed my source to see if the 1 can be corrected the number 2 I don;t see any real issue...I am confident nobody offers anything even close to what I can provide....the tricky part is the funky blurrd areas in upper rite hand corner...
You should be confident, it'll never be the mid 80's again but your efforts are appreciated..

The only issue I see since I have them in my hands is the number 1 if you look even the words capacity weight is funky looking to match my originals where normally you would think it should be straightened but my source matched the way my sticker came out...

even the number one your over thinking it since no one else has a copy that is anywhere near as accurate as this one is. Yes they do have a glossy face and printed on tamper proof paper like the original. I am fairly confident the number 1 can be fixed.

Again I welcome any examples that even come remotely close to what you see here.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Take a look at the sample images ive attached. What does the 6 digit number on the top line in between the VIN and the J47 represent??? (In the sample image attached it is "105552")

Is that the body unit number/ same as the one from the cowl tag??

This is not my trunk tag, just a sample i found online somewhere. Mine is faded, ripped, and not readable in spots and i am trying to reconstruct it from my GM RPO code print out that i got from GM dealership. I have also attached a pic of what i have so far...just missing that 6 digit number in the middle of VIN and J47 (circled).

Doing all this so i can get Dennis the info when he starts selling the reproduced trunk and door tags! I need both trunk and door tags.

Also tracking down any dealer invoice/ other records from GM via

http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/?page=1#

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Kirban update:

As I said earlier I emailed the company president late last nite showing the copies he sent me along side the originals. He is personally redoing them so they will be 100% exact to my two door jamb stickers. I should have them by mid week and have Brandon post those photos then. He will make a new file specifically for our market for my company so all them will be identical to mine since all our cars came from the same plant. Obviously the VIN and weight would vary depending on your options in your specific turbo regal.

What he sent me that is pictured in this thread was one they had on file which could have come from a Monte Carlo or Olds Cutlass etc which may have come from another plant making the number 1 different. Point is, nobody will be able to offer this and have it as accurate as what my source has available. We expect to offer this to other vendors as well.

I should have pricing later next week. He is personally doing my window sticker so I will be able to post that alongside the original and also Triple A style. We will also be able to do the SPI trunk ID label.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban again:

On a side note the owner of this company that does the GM stickers etc back in 1987 owned a 1987 GN with the factory astro roof. He has owned for a number of years a fully restored show quality 1969 Firebird Trans Am. IN other words a true car guy. As I stated earlier I sold him GTO parts 20 plus years ago.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Aren't the 86 tags different? If so will they produce them as well?
I assume you are referring yes going by memory I believe they are different and laminated and positioned on the drivers side of the lid at least the 84-85s are we will be able to do them all the ones that we can do quickly would be ones that I have a photo of showing all your info.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am not 100% sure what the 86-85-e84 door jamb stickers look like. my source has access to them but I welcome anyone that wants to post theres here so I can see. I am sure they probably used the same format for a number of years whatever the case my source can provide it.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Yes 86 Door Jamb stickers and the Trunk RPO label are Different from the 87s. My 86 Trunk RPO label is laminated and on the passenger side of the trunk lid, but I don't need a new Trunk Label as mine is one of the 200 or so signed by Molly ;). Below is a picture of one of my door jamb stickers and you can clearly see it is a lot different than the 87s. I have a low mile car and the biggest thing I noticed is how badly the lettering is faded and very hard to see/read as compared to the 87s, my guess would be that might be why GM changed them in 87 but I'm not 100% on that.

B-

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
image.jpeg
Yes 86 Door Jamb stickers and the Trunk RPO label are Different from the 87s. My 86 Trunk RPO label is laminated and on the passenger side of the trunk lid, but I don't need a new Trunk Label as mine is one of the 200 or so signed by Molly ;). Below is a picture of one of my door jamb stickers and you can clearly see it is a lot different than the 87s. I have a low mile car and the biggest thing I noticed is how badly the lettering is faded and very hard to see/read as compared to the 87s, my guess would be that might be why GM changed them in 87 but I'm not 100% on that.

Off my 1986 crew cab with 20,000 miles. Couldn't read it 10 years ago.

Take a look at the sample images ive attached. What does the 6 digit number on the top line in between the VIN and the J47 represent??? (In the sample image attached it is "105552")

Is that the body unit number/ same as the one from the cowl tag??

This is not my trunk tag, just a sample i found online somewhere. Mine is missing and i am trying to reconstruct it from my GM RPO code print out that i got from GM dealership. I have also attached a pic of what i have so far...just missing that 6 digit number in the middle of VIN and J47 (circled).

Doing all this so i can get Dennis the info when he starts selling the reproduced trunk and door tags! I need both trunk and door tags.

Also tracking down any dealer invoice/ other records from GM via

http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/?page=1#

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!!
Anyone know what this number is???? Still haven't come across anyone who knows.

1. Kirban update

He is sending me my new corrected door jamb stickers so I have them tomorrow however I have to photograph them tomorrow nite against my originals. So Brandon will post photos Thursday.

Meantime here is a little background to prove to those reading this thread that I am dealing with one of the top people in the industry concerning GM VIN stickers and window stickers etc.

The Mopar Nationals I am sure most of you are aware is huge attract 1500 to 2,000 vendors show cars on display number between 2,200 and 3,000 i any given year.

With those odds its a real long shot to walk away from this event with a car that is the best in show and garners the highest possible score in certification OE history of 99.22 out of 100.

Its even tougher to win this award twice with two different Mopars. The guy who is doing these VIN labels and will be doing the other VIN related stickers for us and the window stickers is the owner of the two cars and restored them to what is regarded as beyond perfection by just one author. His black hemi cuda achieved this award in 2005 and in 2008 he repeated the top award with his remarkable 1970 Challenger.

He is creating a special file system for our company for the door jamb labels since they all came from the same plant. This is because other G body cars were produced elsewhere and slight differences may exist. He also owns an equally impressive Boss 302 that was used on the Johnny Lightning box and is featured in magazines as well.

Google search his name dave walden hemi cuda once you just read a small portion of the degree of work he did on either of these cars it will leave no doubt in your mind that perfection is his goal. That number one we are fortunate that he will do this for our cars and also accuracy is virtually guaranteed. When we get around to doing the window stickers he will even have the back printed with what was on them originally about To remove wet label with sponge. He also has all the GNX decals as well.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

He is very well known as you might expect in the Mopar world as I have talked to several people that know him and his cars.

Kirban again

Here is another example you can go on ebay and see blank blue VIN labels that GM cars and trucks had during the 1970s....these companies show one label and one style. Guess what GM varied that style year to year. So not only is the format not dead on but buyers are told to simply put in a typewriter to fill it out. I am still working out the details as at the same time I am going after the bigger picture with this project.

Tonite he went to his friends house who has a mint 86 GN and was able to get the door jamb labels from that to match into his system. Also the visor decal which several companies sell that even though they are GM licensed including the one we sell they are close to correct he will make it 100% correct. First we are doing the 87 door jamb ones then the older ones. My market plan is to offer them in a set makes little sense to me to sell one which due to age would look different than your other one.

So as you can see there is quite a lot that is in the works to help you get your car back to having the proper labels intact.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

So can we get reproduced trunk labels of all we have is the VIN? I have my label but the VIN is skewed where somebody used adhesive to install a trunk carpet kit. I'll have to look but i think the rest of it is legible

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

So we should have window stickers available once again?!? Yippee.
What is the eta on these?
Additionally, will the price be along the same lines as the Triple A pieces?
I had them do one for my ttype and laminate it. It looks great. (I think they may have done my 67 Pontiac as well)
I still need to do one for my GN.

So can we get reproduced trunk labels of all we have is the VIN? I have my label but the VIN is skewed where somebody used adhesive to install a trunk carpet kit. I'll have to look but i think the rest of it is legible

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
I believe you also have to obtain either a photo of the original trunk tag, or a printout from a GM dealer of all the RPO code options on the car ontained from the VIN.

So we should have window stickers available once again?!? Yippee.
What is the eta on these?
Additionally, will the price be along the same lines as the Triple A pieces?
I had them do one for my ttype and laminate it. It looks great. (I think they may have done my 67 Pontiac as well)
I still need to do one for my GN.
Same, hoping Kirban can offer a package deal with trunk tag, door tags, and window sticker for those of us who had a previous owner that didnt know what they were doing when they had it painted.

Same, hoping Kirban can offer a package deal with trunk tag, door tags, and window sticker for those of us who had a previous owner that didnt know what they were doing when they had it painted.
When I had mine done they would not do them without a picture of the old one! I feel for you and all the rest missing door tags and rpo label.