Replacement RPO Trunk Tag?

deputydawg

My 87 GN is one of the unfortunate ones that had apparently been stolen once in its life. It has a Texas re-issued VIN-not to be confused with a reconditioned or salvage title, the original VIN tag was stolen so the state reissued the original VIN back to the car (it is now on a red tag located in the driver's door jam. The RPO tag is not on the trunk (more than likely not the original trunk?). Can a reproduction RPO tag be located using the VIN? My car is at the body shop now being refinished and I wanted to put the "original" tags back on it. Pulled the interior and did not locate a build sheet....suggestions?

I just recived mine for my car last week turned out great. you will need vin and all code for him to print you one

Sorry to revive an old thread, but it seems that Russ (the link above) is not making reproduction RPO trunk tags anymore due to copyright issues. Anyone know where to get a reproduction tag made?? Thanks.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but it seems that Russ (the link above) is not making reproduction RPO trunk tags anymore due to copyright issues. Anyone know where to get a reproduction tag made?? Thanks.

I have the answer almost worked out with source having the all important GM license agreement. I have a verbal agreement currently with the source and after the holidays I expect to have everything finalized I will even be able to offer correct door stickers.....

Turns out the owner of the company was a GTO customer of mine 25 plus years ago......you will need any info you can provide with your options etc...
i it will be 100% exact.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have the answer almost worked out with source having the all important GM license agreement. I have a verbal agreement currently with the source and after the holidays I expect to have everything finalized I will even be able to offer correct door stickers.....

Turns out the owner of the company was a GTO customer of mine 25 plus years ago......you will need any info you can provide with your options etc...
i it will be 100% exact.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Awesome! Let me know as soon as it gets finalized and i will be your first customer for these! Prompt and informative as always, thank you Dennis!

Again just be patient. If you don;t already be sure to get on my weekly inner circle emails as its free as the info would be posted there first.

You would have to contact my office next monday with your email to get on my inner circle email as we are closed from now ti Monday...this is something I been trying to do for awhile as more and more owners are realizing that values for (our) cars keeps increasing and having the proper ID stickers and paperwork etc is getting to be very important to have maybe not to some owners but when you go to sell your car it will help establish good value.

For example this guy was telling me on the older GM cars they were made in 12-13 different plants around the country which I knew from GTO days and each one of them did not have the same style font style depending on their equipment and year. Fortunately for our cars the final assembly point was Pontiac Michigan reason the letter P is in your 17 digit VIN number. (Started in Flint but final assembly was in Pontiac). So all the Turbo Regals the font style is the same which is good. I don't claim to be an expert but I know enough to
pass most tests!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Again just be patient. If you don;t already be sure to get on my weekly inner circle emails as its free as the info would be posted there first.

You would have to contact my office next monday with your email to get on my inner circle email as we are closed from now ti Monday...this is something I been trying to do for awhile as more and more owners are realizing that values for (our) cars keeps increasing and having the proper ID stickers and paperwork etc is getting to be very important to have maybe not to some owners but when you go to sell your car it will help establish good value.

For example this guy was telling me on the older GM cars they were made in 12-13 different plants around the country which I knew from GTO days and each one of them did not have the same style font style depending on their equipment and year. Fortunately for our cars the final assembly point was Pontiac Michigan reason the letter P is in your 17 digit VIN number. (Started in Flint but final assembly was in Pontiac). So all the Turbo Regals the font style is the same which is good. I don't claim to be an expert but I know enough to
pass most tests!

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Well said. I Will contact office next monday. Agreed, i am trying to gather all appropriate documentation (original or reproduction) on my car for excactly that reason. The idea of being able to obtain quality, legitimate reproduction stickers and tags is just great and i am sure there will be a ton of buy in!

Defiantly interested in both door and trunk stickers Dennis. The previous owner of my car swapped a pair of doors and the trunk lid before he painted it so the stickers are missing. Good thing is I have a binder full of original documentation including window sticker, dealer order form, transporter and pre delivery papers, etc. Only missing the broadcast sheet.

This will be great. I had to swap doors and would like a reproduction sticker made too. Also need one for my el Camino.

i it will be 100% exact.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Need that too

Kirban Update 1-7-2016

I got today samples from this source that has the equipment and most important GM license (actually also has Ford & Chrysler license as well) of some of the items I sent him over the holidays. I got the samples he did of the two stickers found on the drivers door jamb shows production date and VIN number etc.

They are a exact dead match to the originals on my door even the type paper is exact. If you look at your originals some of the logo is alittle funky not sure if that is the proper description if i GM did it for a reason but he even matched that. The font style even the lightness of the VIN number is dead on to my originals. (My car is 100% original paint with unmolested door jamb stickers) .

I lack the skills to post the photos showing my originals along side the copies however if someone reading this sends me a personal email I can email them the photos to post the samples here. AT this writing I do not have the price structure. You can rule out cheap. You can however know that it will be exact. I am still waiting on copy of my window sticker to compare to my original and triple As example. I did not get a copy of my trunk I D label. I can't member if I sent him photo of mine.

He did send me a sticker I had never ever seen before. Appearantly GM did a label of instructions that slipped ove rthe drivers sun visor explaining the new ignition system for the 1969 GM cars when they went to the locking column format. For you young readers out there cars did not always have a locking column! He also sent me exact samples of the old style blue VIN labels used on the 1970s GM cars which are tough to do because GM produced them in 12-13 different plants throughout the country.

AGain anyone can post photos here email me direct denniskirban@yahoo.com

Once I get a price structure I will post it. My game plan is to offer them as a set since marketing just the one makes very liitle sense since it would be new next to your old one.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update 1-7-2016

I got today samples from this source that has the equipment and most important GM license (actually also has Ford & Chrysler license as well) of some of the items I sent him over the holidays. I got the samples he did of the two stickers found on the drivers door jamb shows production date and VIN number etc.

They are a exact dead match to the originals on my door even the type paper is exact. If you look at your originals some of the logo is alittle funky not sure if that is the proper description if i GM did it for a reason but he even matched that. The font style even the lightness of the VIN number is dead on to my originals. (My car is 100% original paint with unmolested door jamb stickers) .

I lack the skills to post the photos showing my originals along side the copies however if someone reading this sends me a personal email I can email them the photos to post the samples here. AT this writing I do not have the price structure. You can rule out cheap. You can however know that it will be exact. I am still waiting on copy of my window sticker to compare to my original and triple As example. I did not get a copy of my trunk I D label. I can't member if I sent him photo of mine.

He did send me a sticker I had never ever seen before. Appearantly GM did a label of instructions that slipped ove rthe drivers sun visor explaining the new ignition system for the 1969 GM cars when they went to the locking column format. For you young readers out there cars did not always have a locking column! He also sent me exact samples of the old style blue VIN labels used on the 1970s GM cars which are tough to do because GM produced them in 12-13 different plants throughout the country.

AGain anyone can post photos here email me direct denniskirban@yahoo.com

Once I get a price structure I will post it. My game plan is to offer them as a set since marketing just the one makes very liitle sense since it would be new next to your old one.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Nice! Sounds like this is going to be great. I am going to need turnk and door tags. Also, just making sure. I currently do not have the original trunk and door tags but i do have the breakdown of all the RPO codes and of course the VIN. Would this person be able to reproduce my stickers without photos of originals (being that i do not have them)? Thanks for doing the leg work Dennis.

Also, my car is origininally a canadian car. I have photos of all the appropriate canadian stickers and labels (in english and french!) that are correct to the car. If i sent you high quality photos of these would you be able to see if this company can reproduce them for you, and then i would of course pay you for them? Let me know if all this is possible. Thanks!

Dennis sent me the below email and attached pictures and I must say they are spot on!! Great Stuff Dennis!

"Special thanks to Brandon for posting these photos. What you see is my two original door jamb stickers still 100% intact on my original paint 1987 Turbo-T. I temporarily stuck the copy of each along side it. They are 100% dead on exact. I am not sure if Brandon posted one photo or 3 but you can see the originals which on my car are in fairly nice shape alongside the new ones.

As a vendor I have an exclusive deal in place with this company that is fully GM licensed. This company stocks over 300 different types of paper to do various stickers for not only GM but Ford, and Chrysler.

The door jamb stickers for example is on tamper proof paper. What that means it is next to impossible to remove them without destroying them. While blank ones are available on ebay and elsewhere my source says none of them are GM licensed because they are blank. Buying a blank one is not going to be 100% correct. A sharp collector will be able to recognize a fake. Using a typewriter to type in your VIN number is not matching the font style. Also some of the blank ones are probably not on the exact same tamper proof stock.

I still have to nail down the price structure with them. I will be able to also offer window stickers, trunk ID labels, earlier VIN stickers (blue ones) and other unique ones for older GM vehicles.

The biggest market I think for these cars and basically all G body cars is the two on the drivers door jamb.

I expect to have prices very soon and will post here when we do. We hope to be able to offer this to other vendors as well so they can offer it to their customers also.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

We will be able to get yours made based on a photo of your original and or copy of your VIN tag or broadcast sheet etc so the production date is accurate etc. This is a great opportunity for you if you need any of these stickers."

Attachments

• Door Jamb Stickers (10)-2.JPG
    Door Jamb Stickers (10)-2.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 199
  • Door Jamb Stickers (11)-2.JPG
    Door Jamb Stickers (11)-2.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 214
  • Door Jamb Stickers (12).JPG
    Door Jamb Stickers (12).JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 274
Again thanz to Brandon for posting photos....my skills don't cover posting photos or even knowing how to download them from my canera. Anyhow look them over very carefully not only is the font style correct but the spacing is matched to the originals. Its also done on the same tamper proof paper. This is something you can't accomplish buying a blank one and coping the ancient typewriter you got sitting around comes anywhere near close to matching the original font style. Not to mention trying to keep it from moving once you have it in your typewriter....I know because I still use two super mint IBM selectric ball typewriters....both belong to my parents.

The bigger market I am looking at is the older GM market that used the blue VIN sticker on the door jamb that is a complicated one as those cars were produced in 12-13 plants early ones the fotn style for the built date was different from the VIN number font and it varied from plant to plant.

So in many ways we are lucky all ours came from one plant. Granted quality of the paint was lacking but it makes sticker reproduction less of a issue.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Nice labels, the 1's & 2's are slightly off.

I emailed my source to see if the 1 can be corrected the number 2 I don;t see any real issue...I am confident nobody offers anything even close to what I can provide....the tricky part is the funky blurrd areas in upper rite hand corner...

Yeah the numbers are off as well as the capital "I"
Do these labels have the gloss coat on them I have to double check but are the labels shiny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk