Regal GS, the new Turbo Buick;)

I like it as a daily driver,I think the wife is getting one :rolleyes:

Kevin

I was waiting for the turbo model and hoping for a AWD option, but the one person here said it is not a go, dang, now does GM make any other AWD models, not talking trucks or full size SUV's and the CTS is way outta my price range, seems those are about 50G's or so, looking in the 25-35K range, does GM make such a animal?? thanks. the Nissan Juke looks kinda nice for awd and it has a turbo I believe as well.

Ron

turbo cars

I don't know if any of you remember the Dodge Spirit R/T made in 91 and 92 I had one it was a 2.2 DOC 16 valve turbo 5 speed fwd and i got it to run 14.08 @ 98 mph I put a boost blaster and made ram air for it. The only thing was it couldnt take more then 16 lbs of boost without cracking the head between #'s 3-4 cylinder. I can get rubber out of 3rd and had it up to 147 on the Long Island express way out past exit 60,so i think these cars have room to go quicker. I may concider getting one just have to see it in person

This car is a rebadged Opel Insignia OPC/Vauxhall Insignia VSR European car it kicks azz over there because they have a 2.8 turbo AWD and a different 45 mpg diesel.
Do a you tube search on Opel Insignia OPC/Vauxhall Insignia VSR.
They are trying to get the 2.8 turbo in this North American market but the green EPA carbon credit crowd makes it tough.
This is a car to watch, if you are in the market for a "Subaru or Honda" this is a German made GM model that gives a lot of car for the money.

YouTube - Top Gear - Vauxhall Insignia VXR / Opel Insignia OPC

and for all you haters....:p
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/336932-my-new-turbocharged-ride.html

I'm sure the GSCA has it's fingers crossed Buick does something that will re-kindle the club for another 20 years, but it's not going to be this car. :eek:

Well sorry to tell you, but the next statement will bring out all the "I only by American" liars. I live in NW Pa where over the last 2 weeks, 46 inchs of snow has fallen. I have a Subaru Legacy AWD and if I had gotten the "turbo charged" model...it not only looks way better then this car, but would fly by it on the highway too. Buick got the looks right with the Lecerne and LaCross, but it didnt jump off the paper with this car. Sorry.:biggrin:

Well, I'm sorry but I disagree...:redface: I live a little further north than you and we also get large amounts of snow and that hasd never stopped me of buying american vehicles. At 58, I've always bought american vehicles can safely say that I'll always will. :wink: You know as well as me that cars are a "religion" in North America, and I think that it's not the Japanese, Koreans, or much less Europeans that'll teach us how to build a cars. Maybe it's true that US auto makers "missed the boat" for a while, but they're now making up for the bad years and build much better cars than before. As for their appearance well, that's a matter of personal taste. I, for one am not thrilled by the new models that are coming out at the moment, but that changes every 6-7 years, so luckily for me, my '06 Ford everyday driver is still in excellent shape and I'll be good for a while and can "pass" on these ugly look-a-likes Hyundai Sonata, Lexus (don't know the model's name), Wolkswagen Passat, Mazda 6, and the new ugly Buick that some of you seem to like. :rolleyes: As for an AWD, turbo Subary Legacy, well first I don't like the way it looks, and frankly, is it really necessary to have a turbo on a daily driver that's going to be driven all year 'round, especially in the winter? I don't think so....:rolleyes: The thing that matters the most especially in the winter time, is to simply to get from point "A" to point "B". I like to have a "simple", reliable and inexpensive-to-repair car as an everyday driver (like the new Ford Taurus...). When spring comes back, fun comes back with it also when I take out my GN! :)
Also I don't know why, but these Subaru's have a tendency to be attacked by rust much quicker than other cars...so no thanks, but not for me. Like I said above, I've always had american cars, always will and never will own an import.:(
I hope I didn't offend anyone, but that's my opinion...

Claude. :smile:

This car is a rebadged Opel Insignia OPC/Vauxhall Insignia VSR European car it kicks azz over there because they have a 2.8 turbo AWD and a different 45 mpg diesel.
Do a you tube search on Opel Insignia OPC/Vauxhall Insignia VSR.
They are trying to get the 2.8 turbo in this North American market but the green EPA carbon credit crowd makes it tough.
This is a car to watch, if you are in the market for a "Subaru or Honda" this is a German made GM model that gives a lot of car for the money.

YouTube - Top Gear - Vauxhall Insignia VXR / Opel Insignia OPC

and for all you haters....:p
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/336932-my-new-turbocharged-ride.html

awd and 321HP for the european market. we suck:mad:

Not a bad looking car. I'd like to see it in black with a hood bulge. Any photoshoppers out there.:cool:

Well, I'm sorry but I disagree...:redface: I live a little further north than you and we also get large amounts of snow and that hasd never stopped me of buying american vehicles. At 58, I've always bought american vehicles can safely say that I'll always will. :wink: You know as well as me that cars are a "religion" in North America, and I think that it's not the Japanese, Koreans, or much less Europeans that'll teach us how to build a cars. Maybe it's true that US auto makers "missed the boat" for a while, but they're now making up for the bad years and build much better cars than before. As for their appearance well, that's a matter of personal taste. I, for one am not thrilled by the new models that are coming out at the moment, but that changes every 6-7 years, so luckily for me, my '06 Ford everyday driver is still in excellent shape and I'll be good for a while and can "pass" on these ugly look-a-likes Hyundai Sonata, Lexus (don't know the model's name), Wolkswagen Passat, Mazda 6, and the new ugly Buick that some of you seem to like. :rolleyes: As for an AWD, turbo Subary Legacy, well first I don't like the way it looks, and frankly, is it really necessary to have a turbo on a daily driver that's going to be driven all year 'round, especially in the winter? I don't think so....:rolleyes: The thing that matters the most especially in the winter time, is to simply to get from point "A" to point "B". I like to have a "simple", reliable and inexpensive-to-repair car as an everyday driver (like the new Ford Taurus...). When spring comes back, fun comes back with it also when I take out my GN! :)
Also I don't know why, but these Subaru's have a tendency to be attacked by rust much quicker than other cars...so no thanks, but not for me. Like I said above, I've always had american cars, always will and never will own an import.:(
I hope I didn't offend anyone, but that's my opinion...

Claude. :smile:

You missed his point completely...and actually he was referring to a buyer such as yourself...the point he was making is that a LARGE portion of 'American Made' cars are NOT MADE IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!! how can it be 'American Made' if it was built in Mexico????

Me? I have a 2010 Ford F150 to go with my Buick. I've owned plenty of 'imports' over the years but can honestly say that with the new found fit, finish, and quality of the American brands I won't buy another import. The only one I still have is my Suzuki motorcycle..but if an American company wants my money for bikes, they have to make a frame with 1000 cc's and less with a different body style then the 883 Sportster..cause I hate that bike. When I'm ready to get a big motor bike..it will be American though.

Research your American made car and check out how much of it is actually made in a different country.

I still support buying American though! More dollars from the purchase of an American car stay IN our country...supporting OUR economy...then the 'import' cars.

profit is repatriated to the company's home country...so even if you buy the currently German made Regal, its still American

Better than making Mr. Toyoda's wallet fat buying American made camrys

I like the GS a lot, but I'm not sure if the car is enough of step up from the Turbo to compete in its price range...