Regal GS, the new Turbo Buick;)

This car is already tootin' around the streets of Australia with a "t" badge as I recall.

Love the idea. Just wish they put a bigger motor in it(3.8l) to get it up to the 300hp mark. They should have built it to compete with the brand new v6 mustangs Etc etc. Bc this is probably not any faster then the 00ish gtps and regal gs with a 14.7sec pass

Oh there's 300 ponies in that 4-banger. Remember the TR's only had 245 with a 3.8 :biggrin:

If that's what they have planned for a new TR, then you will see them in time running 12's with nothing but a fat set of front tires and the wick turned up.

Yup...instead of people complaining about the "buzzn half dozen" they will be crying about the "beater weed-eater".

I wonder what the FBI version will have under the bonnet. :biggrin:

Oh there's 300 ponies in that 4-banger. Remember the TR's only had 245 with a 3.8 :biggrin:

If that's what they have planned for a new TR, then you will see them in time running 12's with nothing but a fat set of front tires and the wick turned up.

I hope your right man. But fwd is Gunna suck.

Anyone have any curb weight numbers on these new regals?

i got a chance to drive one of the new turbo buicks,i work at a dealer.they run so quit and smooth it does not seem like 255 hp.very quit nice riding car though.i think gm is turning to buick to make some sporty/lower priced cars now that pontiac is gone.

I like the new Regal alot and got to sit in a N/A CXL. Very roomy and well-appointed.

I'm afraid that the price of admission will probably be in the $34-36K range and they will price themselves right out of the market.

It's going to be a heavy car too, about 3700#. That's asking a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder to do a lot.

It's a shame that the AWD went away.

Is this sarcasm? I sure hope so.

I bet a lot of people were saying the same things about the GN when it came out. Fact is that it is a turbo charged car. That right there means there is a lot of room for improvement and plenty of oppurtunity for upgrades.

Will it reach 12's? hmmmm...it is pretty heavy...but if a 4 banger can take lighter cars into the 10's and lower..why couldn't this one reach the 12's or maybe even 11's?

Of course, aftermarket support will dictate a lot of the future of the car.

tuned my friends turbo 2.0 cobalt w/ downpipe and k&n...ran 108mph, but thats at 2800-2900lbs

anything over 400whp and they have to go into the motor :rolleyes:

maybe the next gen will come with AWD and a turbo 6

but if a 4 banger can take lighter cars into the 10's and lower..why couldn't this one reach the 12's or maybe even 11's?
it can with $$$ but whyyy

if it was rwd or awd with a turbo 3800 then it would be so eassy

Why'd they stop at 255hp? Even the Hyuindai Sonata 2.0t produces 274 without breaking a sweat (but it's still a FWD "chitbox").

Buick is more of a luxury conscious brand. The turbo GS is just there for the 'cool' factor. Don't get me wrong, it's a smooth, comfy car with enough pep to get where it needs to go, but a 2011 version of a GN it ain't.

And I don't remember anyone thinking the same about the GN when it first came out, at least not after driving one. :eek:

You can call it a Turbo Regal, but it needs to be RWD. I took my GN with stock everything including the stock airbox and filter, 17 psi boost and ran 13.3 last Saturday with just a 16* chip, pump gas and a Kirban downpipe. Upped the launch psi and pulled a 1.67 60 foot. FWD can't do the weight transfer to a stock car like our RWD Regals can.

I bet a lot of people were saying the same things about the GN when it came out. Fact is that it is a turbo charged car. That right there means there is a lot of room for improvement and plenty of oppurtunity for upgrades.

Will it reach 12's? hmmmm...it is pretty heavy...but if a 4 banger can take lighter cars into the 10's and lower..why couldn't this one reach the 12's or maybe even 11's?

Of course, aftermarket support will dictate a lot of the future of the car.

Why? Because this car will not be purchased by an enthusiast that wants to have a quick performance car. Heavy, fwd, and built to have quick response for real world use makes it a poor candidate for a 12 sec car. Not that it couldnt run 12's. You simply wont see them running twelves with a few small tweaks and some 110 octane gas like old school TR's did so easily and repeatedly. Fwiw the aftermarket wasnt really required to run 12's with an 86-87 TR other than a set of tires and a maybe an open air filter. Stock chip, cat delete, 110 octane, shortened homemade adjustable wastegate or bleeders, and slicks would net high 12's almost every time. I remember being broke and having to resort to crushing the top of the fp regulator with a large socket and a Ford wrench. Crude but it worked.