Recommendations on Installing a Turbonetics Boost controller.

Spooln1

I'm working on a checklist of stuff to get the Buick ready for this spring which is approaching quickly.

I'm wanting to mount my new turbonetics boost controller inside the car. This is the 0-50 psi model. I've seen a number of these mounted in the engine compartment, but I'd like the ability to adjust max boost without having to stop, and open the hood.

Question is: Has anyone had any issues with these and mounting them inside the cockpit? The hosing will be longer and I've read on other forums that a shorter hose works better for boost control.

This will be connected to a external wastegated downpipe. The rest of my combo is in my sig below. This will be mainly and just a powerful street car with a couple of dragstrip visits yearly.

Thanks in advance,
Neil

I made a plate and put mine in the ashtray. Couple of years after I did that, Mark Martone made a nicer plate and I replaced mine with his. Lid wont close but its a good spot for it.

so mounting it inside with longer tubing will not increase the time it takes to open the wastegate from the compressor housing?

Heres mine

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 275
  • photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 307
Mine is under my dash and can't see it unless you look for it. Easy to get to and adjust on the fly, but not hanging in the breeze for all to see...

Do you have a pic? I'd like to see it if you have one.

Snow finally melted enough so I could make it out to the garage, another month and I should be on the road. Here is a pic for you.

Attachments

• boostcont1.jpg
    boostcont1.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 197
pretty much similar. The kit i bought came with all the hoses and fittings and shipped for under $100. Those individual Grainger valves are $50-$85 by themselves.

liv4gnz said:
so mounting it inside with longer tubing will not increase the time it takes to open the wastegate from the compressor housing?

I had an issue with mine when I moved it inside. Before, the hoses were very short and the valve was zip tied to the a/c line. It was set at 24 psi like that. I moved it inside and it made about 28 psi.

I'm installing mine next week, along with a new converter and a couple other things. I'm just hoping for the short term to keep the boost at < 25lbs. Until I get my alchy kit or finish my e-85 conversion I want to play it safe. This turbo I have likes to get to 30lbs in a hurry

Looks good! Should have my car in the shop this week. Its finally nice in chicagoland.

Thanks. It snowed here yesterday but today it's all gone.

I had an issue with mine when I moved it inside. Before, the hoses were very short and the valve was zip tied to the a/c line. It was set at 24 psi like that. I moved it inside and it made about 28 psi.

Seems a little weird. How did you hook it up? Mine works perfect from 13-30psi.

forzfed said:
Seems a little weird. How did you hook it up? Mine works perfect from 13-30psi.

It was hooked up the same way as under the hood. I use a TiAL 44mm gate off of the front of the header. It was stable at the higher pressure. No spikes. Not sure why it went higher but I just turned it down for now back to 24. Its set back on 28 now. Yes I run Alky.