Recomendations on turbo rebuild..

ONE_QUIK_6

Still lookn' for a recipe
I am looking to rebuild my turbo myself to get me through this summer. The only problem I have is that my turbo is a big shaft turbo, that I am not totally sure what size it is. Can anyone recomend a vendor to get a rebuild kit through and what kind of info will I need to buy the correct one??? thanks to all for any info.

Zak

rebuild

Most people on here use John Craig at limit engineering.Personally I use Majestic Turbo outta Dallas.www.Dallasturbo.com.They will disassemble it the same day they get it and ship it back out the very next day.They charge 250 bucks for a basic rebuild and are very knowledgeable.They definately know their stuff.

I have talked with a couple of people that can rebuild one for me, but I was just looking for a kit with bearings, seals and the such. I think the price that some of the shops are getting for a rebuild is outrageous. I think I can get it balanced locally under 20 bucks and if I spent 100 on a kit I think I would be ahead of the game and I would have that feeling of accomplishment.

Thanks for the reply though

Zak