rebuilt turbo stock

regal87

Just have a couple quick questions
First i bought a rebuilt turbo installed it worked great for about 2 to 3 weeks ,last week i noticed a little blue smoke when i stood it,never thought anything of it
Now i have so much in and out play in the turbo i checked the drian line no restrictions in it good oil flow just want to know how i could have went throught a turbo that fast

oil pressure when cold 60 psi hot around 15 to 20 at idle then 45 at 1500 rpm

i am lost as to why this turbo went for a SH*T any input would be greatly appriciatted

and i have oil in my up pipe from the intercooler so i know something is wrong no oil on any of the plugs of the exhuast side of the turbo just the intake side and it is a grayish colour oil

want to track down the problem before installing the 6152

Check your oil for metal. Drain it into a black pan and look for anything sparkling, check for shavings on the oil drain plug itself. You may want to cut the oil filter open and see what is on the filter pletes.

You may have just had bum luck on that used turbo. For instance, my 87k stocker just decided to smoke one day. I let it go way to long and the bearing finally failed completely in the cartridge. The motor still runs like a champ and the turbo I used to replace has no play and runs great.

Doug D