rear tires?

Matt37

Hello,

I want to get street radials for my GN, but do not under any circumstance want to do any tubing or gutting of the rear fender well.

So my question is what is the largest rear tire you can get for a 87 GN, where you can just bolt them right on??

I plan on getting Weld prostar wheels and some skinny tires up front and big ones in the back.

Any good sites to get street radials at???

Thank You

I run ProStars on my car.

I have 275/60/15's in the back on a 8" rim with 4.5" Backspace and a 7/16th spacer to keep it from rubbing on the frame. I also run airbags so If someone rides in my car keep the tires from bottoming out on bumps.

MTs0002.jpg

MTs0003.jpg

I run ProStars on my car.

I have 275/60/15's in the back on a 8" rim with 4.5" Backspace and a 7/16th spacer to keep it from rubbing on the frame. I also run airbags so If someone rides in my car keep the tires from bottoming out on bumps.

MTs0002.jpg

MTs0003.jpg

What size are those fronts?

And you did not do any tubing at all??

If I went with those size tires without airbags, would that cause problems.

I noticed the NJ tags. I am from Marlton,NJ about 10 minutes outside of Cherry Hill,NJ and 30 minutes outside of Philadelphia.

The fronts are 3.5" wheels... with M/t sportsmans.

If you dont run airbags, you might have some rubbing problems.

I'm in Edison, Middlesex cty.

I run 275/50/15 on Mickey Thompson ET Streets on Weld wheels and only rub if have 3 people on the car< that doesnt happen very often>
Otherwise I run 265/50/15 radial tires with no rubbing problems at all.

On a side note...I am from Magnolia and your from Marlton, NJ check out Turbobuicks.com and head to the MAGNA section. Its a local club made up mostly NJ, PA, DE, MD Turbo regal owners. We rotate from state to state once a month and hang out and BS. We even had our 1st point series drag/bracket racing this past season. Best of all, every one is real cool, tons of Buick knowledge and NO CLUB FEES!!! We have probably over 200 registered members. On a good day/meet we have a minumum of 15 turbo cars.

Next meeting is on 12/16 Sat Bensalem Hooters. I know a few of us guys would be leaving out of probably the Blackwood area and cruising up there. We would love one more Buick cruising! PM me and let me know!

Here....I'll make your life easier.
TurboBuicks.com - Mid Atlantic Grand National Association (MAGNA)

See ya!

I run 275/50/15 on Mickey Thompson ET Streets on Weld wheels and only rub if have 3 people on the car< that doesnt happen very often>
Otherwise I run 265/50/15 radial tires with no rubbing problems at all.

On a side note...I am from Magnolia and your from Marlton, NJ check out Turbobuicks.com and head to the MAGNA section. Its a local club made up mostly NJ, PA, DE, MD Turbo regal owners. We rotate from state to state once a month and hang out and BS. We even had our 1st point series drag/bracket racing this past season. Best of all, every one is real cool, tons of Buick knowledge and NO CLUB FEES!!! We have probably over 200 registered members. On a good day/meet we have a minumum of 15 turbo cars.

Next meeting is on 12/16 Sat Bensalem Hooters. I know a few of us guys would be leaving out of probably the Blackwood area and cruising up there. We would love one more Buick cruising! PM me and let me know!

Here....I'll make your life easier.
TurboBuicks.com - Mid Atlantic Grand National Association (MAGNA)

See ya!

What size rim are you running in the rear? What kind of front tires did you get to go with the ET radials on the back?

Also, yes I will look into the club. Work usually keeps me busy. But would

love to attend one of your meetings.

I am going to look and see what I have going on on the 16th.

Nice ride...
Next time you post a pic, be sure to "Photoshop" your plate number so nobody shows up at your house with a flatbed.

I run 295/50/15's on 8" welds. Only runs in sharp corners. Would be fine with HR swaybar. And I think I saw someone running 335's w/o cutting... There's a pic floating around here somewhere...

rear tires

Anybody running nitto drag radials? Since rebuild I need a little bigger tire on rear.right now I've got 245/45 17s all the way around.Thinking of going with 275/40/17s on the back.on 9.5.Car is lowered 1 inch and no rubbing problems now.Anybody??? Thanks

I run 15" rim that is 8" wide with 4.5 BS. On the front I run cheap Futura Pep Boys tires. When the ET Street aren't on, the rear tires are also Futuras.

Hope to see you on the MAGNA board and at a meet soon!

I'm running 275/50/15 MT ET street radials. No rubbing at all. I have mine on stock Monte SS wheels (15x7). Got them at 21 psi and they dont rub.

-Adam

Biggest tire

My car's got 275-60-15 MT DRs on 8" rims, with a 4" back space and air bags. This combo should NOT need spacers. Make sure that the rear end (dif) is centered from left to right under the car. Mine was about 1/2" off from the factory. I had to get adjustable upper control arms to center it out.

Good luck.

275/60/15s on the rear of Melissa's GN .. 8" rim with a 4 1/2" backspace .. she runs a 1/4" spacer and 3"X 1/2" wheel studs :cool: oh stock junkers up front.. She drives it to much to run skinny's on it .. Plus I am to lazy to change them :eek: :cool: Launches pretty good.. Pic by "Artie" :biggrin:

Attachments

• Meliissa launch 1.jpg
    Meliissa launch 1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 241
I don't mean to be a bug 350ci.

But what size front tires are those??

They look small.

Thank You

275/60/15s on the rear of Melissa's GN .. 8" rim with a 4 1/2" backspace .. she runs a 1/4" spacer and 3"X 1/2" wheel studs :cool: oh stock junkers up front.. She drives it to much to run skinny's on it .. Plus I am to lazy to change them :eek: :cool: Launches pretty good.. Pic by "Artie" :biggrin:

Nice pic Artie!! Wheres the one of the mice runnin around in my engine? hahhaha. :biggrin:

I have 28x11.50-15 MT's on 15x7's with 3.5" backspace.
They center the tires under the wheelhouse perfectly without spacers and don't rub at all.

Attachments

• GNwelds.jpg
    GNwelds.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 257
  • GNCecil.jpg
    GNCecil.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 186