Razor's alky kit instulation?

From what I have seen and heard Razor is the way to go . I am going to get mine order in Monday and if all goes well I can get Razor to install it at the 2010 TB nationals. Tech support is everything and his is second to none.

Thanks.. talk to you tommorrow :D

I was new to the TR's 3 years ago when I installed mine and did it my self. I did have a couple questions during the install & posted them on this thread. Julio promptly replied & I completed the install in less than a day & I'm no mechanic. I went full all out stealth, including the food coloring in the methanol. Can you see the alky?

Attachments

• front engine T.jpg
    front engine T.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 498
  • pass eng T.jpg
    pass eng T.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 510
  • driver engine .jpg
    driver engine .jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 520
so what did u use for coolant overflow tank?
(by the way i've heard the food coloring is worth .2-.3 tenths in the 1/4 mile) :biggrin: j/k

(by the way i've heard the food coloring is worth .2-.3 tenths in the 1/4 mile) :biggrin: j/k

His coolant tank is still the coolant tank. There is a hose running from the radiator to it.

My guess is the washer fluid tank is his Alky reservoir.

It's damn stealth, I'll give him that. All I can spot is the nozzle & it's hose, which is covered in wire loom, making it look like an electrical wire going to a sensor. :biggrin:

His coolant tank is still the coolant tank. There is a hose running from the radiator to it.

My guess is the washer fluid tank is his Alky reservoir.

It's damn stealth, I'll give him that. All I can spot is the nozzle & it's hose, which is covered in wire loom, making it look like an electrical wire going to a sensor. :biggrin:

Nope. His coolant tank is his alky tank. Just follow the hose from the rad to the tank and you'll kinda see the fake. You can also tell by the hose connection at the coolant tank.

Great job at hiding. :D

Razors kit included an auxiliary overflow tank, that I have mounted behind the air dam. I have a dummy port coming off the coolant reservoir that leads the overfolow hose to a "T" that contnues on to the radiator. The reservoir side of the "T" is blocked. The hose from the radiator goes to the "T" then down to the auxiliary overflow tank.

X2. Lets see the ashtray install.

Yep, the controller is in the ash tray. I also have the Scanmaster with a quick disconnect that makes it easy to remove. The pictures show it with & without. This is a 15,000 mile Limited that I want to keep as original & sleeper as possible. Notice the pink stripped old sheet for added sleeper affect.;) I've recently removed the cold air kit & gone back to the stock air box with open element.

Attachments

• scanmaster connect.jpg
    scanmaster connect.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 468
  • no scanmaster closed ash tray.jpg
    no scanmaster closed ash tray.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 460
Thanks for the pics. It looks awesome. I dont like the look of all the guages and controllers stuck to the dash. Does anyone have pics of the alky controller hidden in the ashtray of a GN?

I have horizontal designated decals for thos wanting to mount the controllers horizontally.

Neat place to hide it ;)

Razor,

Will the controller fit in the ashtray? Any reason why someone shouldnt install it in there? Do you have a plate to go over the controller for a clean look?

Does anyone have any pics, or instructions on how to install it on a non-intercooled car?

Just did one today
hardest part is the nozzle in the elbow
electrically it's basically the same

Didn't you do a few installs at richards open house???

Yup...
Wired 3 and installed 2

did the install on a neat car today, the
X-Ray White GNX clone I'll post pics
next week. Unique mounting of the controller under the radio without drilling any holes

I thought so

Well the pittsburgh crew missed this trip. We have been watching the videos on here kicking ourself for not goin.i did talk to you about the kit(as you installed it)....ok yes i am ready for one.. Are the tanks still an issue? I have 2 new ones on my desk..ii'll check with you next week . I did see photos of rick hunts car, i also built a x clone, purchased some parts from rick and paul castle.. I was hoping to have my car down there and do the guage package install,but things did not work out..

Well we missed you

As of today I have reservoirs but that's subject to
change in the future

Call me next week. Have a great weekend

HotAir anyone

Picture of solenoid, nozzle placement(this one was a little different), and an engine shot

Attachments

• hotair1_1.JPG
    hotair1_1.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 261
  • hotair2_2.JPG
    hotair2_2.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 258
  • hotair3_3.JPG
    hotair3_3.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 264
Picture of solenoid, nozzle placement(this one was a little different), and an engine shot

Would anybody like to buy a nice xxl alky control coat? Left in 87 GN after a great alky control kit was installed this pass weekend. I would just like to add there is only one way to install a Alky control kit and that's the RAZOR way. P.s it is what it is lol lol . U know who