Rarest TR Option??!!

You da man Brian. :smile:

Got any loaded Limited's? :cool:

N/A is fine as long as they can run and drive back to CT. :eek:

Or a turbo one, that would make it much easier. ;)

Good info. on the roof codes Eric. :)

How about the 87 designer series is there a brake down on numbers in each of the colors We have a loaded 87 darkblue/light blue we bought from the original owner 15 years ago just dug it out of the mothballs its been parked for a couple years feels good driving it again. Randy

Here's a link to the Olds site that has a VIN decoder and RPO code decoder on it.

Not sure how accurate it is but most of the stuff lines up really good with my codes and it covers most GM codes of that era.

If you click on the right spot you can get the entire number and letter list, they have most of the paint and trim codes in there correctly from what I can see. :cool:

Oldsmobile G-Body Mailing List

You da man Brian. :smile:

Got any loaded Limited's? :cool:

N/A is fine as long as they can run and drive back to CT. :eek:

Or a turbo one, that would make it much easier. ;)

Good info. on the roof codes Eric. :)

I actually have a few loaded limiteds 3 Whites,1 Burgundy moon roof.These 4 are running & driving & really don't need anything.

N/A's, well more rust free ones then I care to talk about. I normally save those for the Stage 2 guys who don't want to hack up a nice turbo car.

I have a nice 86 Moon roof limited 2 tone silver gray runs as well.

I also have a white & blue 86 limited here that already has been converted. I have no problem yanking the motor & Trans for you to do an easy swap of yours back in there.

Do you still have that we-4 from Bruno?

May be just easier to e-mail me & I can send you pics of what your looking for.

I didn't know you could get a TR with a bench and column shift that wasn't a Limited? :confused:

It looks like this. Notice the door panels.

35860d1193072683-rarest-tr-option-86-w-benchpa0193-1g4gk4773gp453545-pa0193-intfull-25.jpg

Who's Bruno? :confused:

Bought the WE4 new, on body life support now, but runs and drives fine and all the aftermarket parts are still in good shape.

That '86 moonroof Limited sounds real good. :cool:

So does the burgundy if it has brown or even gray leather, or grey interior, can't stand disco burgundy or blue interiors. :eek:

If you have pictures send them up, thanks.

boss06518@aol.com

I'll add mine....

Heres my 86 T-Type....

Gray leather 45/45 w/mini console
column shift
Electronic Touch Climate Control
T-Tops
Digital dash
Opera lights
also has aluminum brake drums

PA260153.jpg

PA180147.jpg

PA180150.jpg

PA260157.jpg

PA180151.jpg

PA260155.jpg

:D

I had the two of the rarest options on my '87 Grand National when it was stolen and we got it back a month later....radio delete with '87 Grand National wheels delete.:biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Heres my 86 T-Type....

Gray leather 45/45 w/mini console
column shift
Electronic Touch Climate Control
T-Tops
Digital dash
Opera lights
also has aluminum brake drums

:D

That is one very strangely optioned Ttype. I love it! Very nice, too bad the seats all cracked, wouldn't want to recover those..

86 gn with T-tops, pwr windows, locks, tilt, cruise, pwr antenna, opera lights, swept gauges, no power seat, no digital climate, no concert sound, no sentinel, no power trunk, and one tire fire (I like that one :cool:)

and ALL WEATHER MATS that say Grand National on them. is that rare?

hello people; In my 86 T owners manual it talks about a seat option I think it's leiner seat or something close to that spelling. But what is it and it's got to be rare as no one talks about it?
IBBY

I had an 87' T that was pretty odd. Manual mirrors, windows, door locks, no cruise, radio delete (but had a power antenna for some reason) bench seat with NO split, No tilt, Wished I'd held on to that one.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Ok, my 87 Turbo T has the manual outside chrome mirrors (RPO code DR3). I was told by Kirban himself that only a handful of turbo regals had this option. By the way, I have the wo2 blackout package, which makes this chrome mirror option so weird :confused: Could this possibly be the rarest option for the tr??
Nope. Got that as well. Have a blue turbo T with blackout package with chrome mirrors. The RPO code is correct but it should have matching blue mirrors.

Kirban says they are probably less then 20 around.

How about my 95 RPO code 86 Gn -pretty loaded (no block heater, though)-

Has Power seat and Astroroof combo, power everything, rear defrost, Twilight Sentinel, CSII, remote trunk release, factory alarm...

Also a Black 86 T with ASC sunroof, manual everything and power ant.

I had an 87' T that was pretty odd. Manual mirrors, windows, door locks, no cruise, radio delete (but had a power antenna for some reason) bench seat with NO split, No tilt, Wished I'd held on to that one.

I see it had the Buick grille emblem delete also. :D Must be one of one!! ;)

That is one very strangely optioned Ttype. I love it! Very nice, too bad the seats all cracked, wouldn't want to recover those..

tell me about it!.. I cry a little every day when I climb into her and see those worn out seats....but I hope to recover them someday!!...:)

seats

hello people; just to come back to that seat option a T could have and it's called Lear Siegler option. thigh support, back side(wings) support,lumbar support. I don't know if it" combined with the six way but it sounds nice.
Also that twin turbo is real nice.
IBBY

Hi,

Interesting thread.

The GN I owned here in Scotland was a Canadian export model shipped, almost brand new from Canada. Being a Canadian car, you can get the complete breakdown of the options from GM Canada.

I attended most of the GS Nats through 1990 to 2001. What I most noticed my car had that very few others I saw through those years was a missing option, A01.

My car had plain glass all round. No tint on the side glass or windscreen, apart from the blue band at the top.

Not sure if this is super rare, but it was unusual.

I had a light blue Regal T when I used to visit Indiana and it needed a new windscreen. I took it to a glass shop in Kokomo and had it replaced. There I asked the owner if he had spare plain, non-tinted windscreens for Buicks. He checked. No, no such thing, according to his suppliers.

Not sure if this was a Canadian thing or just something rare on my car. I was told that they knew the car was coming overseas so did not fit tinted glass in case it contravened European laws.

The other unusual car I remember is Tom Chou's, of Thrasher, development car which was an 86 WH1 car with the grey leather pillow seat interior and short console.

tom_chou_86_wh1_paint_t_type_with_grey_leather_interior_with_brad_mcclellan_662.jpg

All the best
Sandy

P.S. My GN was also an AstroRoof car.

Attachments

• GN1.jpg
    GN1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 240