Rarest TR Option??!!

My GN had a block heater - I don't think that they were all that rare.

My GN had following options: the leaky main seal option along with the broken power antenna option, and the weak exhaust cam lobe on cylinder #3 option.

P.S. To be precise, a sunroof is opaque, a moonroof is translucent.

Mine had the optional broken seat spring, cracked d/s header, and the on/off powermaster brake system.

After reading thru I still have the rarest 87 LTD made I believe.
Only One without that stinky Hood Ornament! Has a GN Header Panel.
Also, engine diagram shows a Carbed engine!
This was custom built for the VP of GM Canada so its got some really weird stuff that he wanted. His name is Nick Hall & he signed the build sheet.

I also have block heater, opera lights, doeskin leather, moonroof concert sound etc etc & No cornering lamps. Power seat was ordered but never installed because of the Moonroof I was told? Both sides are power now.

my 87 t had chrome mirrors with the blackout option, i think the blackout and turbo motor was the only options it had, also am fm no cassette with concert sound

would think roll up windows would be a rare option too along with manual door locks and manual seats and non intermitten wipers. oh maybe non cruise contol too.

that describes my we4, only I do have intermitten wipers. standard dome light, non-eq radio, manual antenna, etc... except I have limited slip and concert sound II speakers!

87 gray Limited with gray leather 45/45 and column shift,digital dash, half vinyl top, T tops, cornering lights and outside opera lights.

The coolest 87 limited I have ever laid my eyes on is Drip Pan's car. I'm sure you guys have seen this car on here before. Check it out. ;)

sleeperfront2520copy.jpg

My first TR was a black and chrome 87 Limited with power Tan leather 45/45 and mini console, column shifter obviously, padded vinyl roof, astro roof, remote trunk release, power windows and locks, cruise, A/C and an open rear.

LOVED THAT CAR NEVER SHOULD HAVE SOLD IT.

Picked up a new TR a few months ago. 86 solid roof car with 45/45 grey leather and mini console. Car's not the cleanest but it's pretty rust free except for the driver's door. Also has the WORST rod knock I've ever heard.

These two seem pretty rare.

Ok, my 87 Turbo T has the manual outside chrome mirrors (RPO code DR3). I was told by Kirban himself that only a handful of turbo regals had this option. By the way, I have the wo2 blackout package, which makes this chrome mirror option so weird :confused: Could this possibly be the rarest option for the tr??

I thought the rarest option was the "Twin Turbo V8" option.... ;) :p ;)

green interior?

The green or sage interior was not available on the turbo cars. Why? Because Buick did not offer a sage leather wrapped steering wheel. And the leather sport wheel was part of the Y56 "T" package. Even the few sage TR's that were built have the gray interior although I show that you could have ordered tan for an interior color on a sage car. Now that would be a one off combo there. A sage Limited with the tan 45/45 leather seats.

The green or sage interior was not available on the turbo cars. Why? Because Buick did not offer a sage leather wrapped steering wheel. And the leather sport wheel was part of the Y56 "T" package. Even the few sage TR's that were built have the gray interior although I show that you could have ordered tan for an interior color on a sage car. Now that would be a one off combo there. A sage Limited with the tan 45/45 leather seats.

I take it you have never been to bowling green and viewed a few TURBO sage cars with sage interior... and a sage steering wheel?

They were made, i stake my life on it.

Photos anyone...

Later
BW

This car is one of a few more sage green 87 turbo regal interior cars :)

BW

Attachments

• Picture 036 (Small).jpg
    Picture 036 (Small).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 350
  • Picture 042 (Small).jpg
    Picture 042 (Small).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 355
  • Picture 044 (Small).jpg
    Picture 044 (Small).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 369
  • Picture 043 (Small).jpg
    Picture 043 (Small).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 355
how about methanol test cars

only 5 built ,got to be the rarest . i have 1 ,also gary 1970 on the board has 1 fully documented.

My Rpo Codes, See Anything Odd?

AR9- reclining bucket seats
AU3- power door locks
AO1- tinted glass
BD1- rocker panel moulding trim delete BS1- acoustical insulation pkg
BV8- ornamintation exterior door lock cylinders
BX1- EXTERIOR ORNAMENTATION, FRT END SPL
BY4- I/P NAMEPLATE APPLIQUE “GRAND NATIONAL
B19- STEERING WHEEL HORN CAP EMBLEM
B24- side window reveal mouldings (black)
B34- front carpet savers w/inserts mats
B35- rear carpet savers w/inserts mats
B71- wheel moulding (colored)
B77- ornamentation,exterior moulding w/s reveal (colored) B79- ornametation,exterior rear end
B81- MOULDING B/S -DELETE
B89- ornamentation, exterior moulding,RR window reveal B91- exterior moulding, door edge gaurd (colored) CD4- windsheild wiper system (pulse)
CO1- ORNAMENTATION, EXTR EMBLEM, BODY, VAR C18- arm and blade WSW
C60- HVAC system,air conditioner frt man controls D35- mirrors, outside rear view; left remot- right manual D55- full length operation console
D71- gear driven speedo
E5Z- speedo adapter delete (analog cluster only) FE3-suspension system (sport)
FFL- FLINT MICHIGAN, FISHER BODY PLANT 1, BOC GMD- ASSEMBLED IN GM OWNED ASSEMBLY PLANT GU6- axle rear 3.42 ratio
G80- positraction, limited slip
G87- RING GEAR, 8.50 INCH
J41- power front disc, rear drum brake system
J50- power brake system
KO9- 120 amp generator
LC2- gas, sfi, h.o. turbo v6 engine
MW9- 4spd auto trans w/ overdrive 200-r4
MX0- merchandised,trans,auto provisions,O/D
NA5- emissions system,federal, tier 0
NP5- steering wheel (leather wrapped)
N33- steering colum,tilt type
N83- chrome plated 15”
PON- PONTIAC MICHIGAN
QYH- p215/65r15 steel belted white letter radials
TL6- Grille (black)
TL8- ornametation ,exterior,hood, (3.8 SFI TURBO)
TT5- headlamps halogen 4
T43- SPOILER, RR, REAR SPOILER
T47- turbo hood
T83- headlamps,dr, (special)
T93- lamp, tail&stop (special)
TL8- ORNAMENTATION, EXTR MOLDING HOOD (3.8 SFI TURBO)
UQ1- provisions for stereo
US6- PAINTED FIXED RADIO ANTEANNA
UW4- speaker system,6,dual frt dash mtd f/d,dual
UX1- radio; etr am/fm stereo w/ seek/scan+cassette+graphic equalizer+clock
U23-cluster, inst, trim odom
VH6- BUMPER FRT, BLACK
VK3- license plate mounting pkg
VY2-
V73- PLATE INSCRIPTION
WE2- grand national package
YR1- SEAT, FRT CUSTOM
YS1- CUSTOM REAR SEAT TRIM
YT1- BUILD UP DR & QTR
YT9- DOOR AND QUARTER DESIGN (FISHER)
ZR6-
19U- PRIMARY COLOR, EXTR, LAMP BLACK (91)
6YX- FRONT LH SPRING
7YW- FRONT RH SPRING
J47- 2-door regal coupe
8PZ- REAR LH SPRING
82C- TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, MED DK GRAY (91)
82I- INTERIOR TRIM, MED DK GRAY (91)
829- SEAT BELT COLOR, MED DK GRAY (91)
9SJ- REAR RH SPRING

CANT FIND ANYWHERE WHAT VY2 AND ZR6 ARE? ANYONE?

BUICKBERT

only 5 built ,got to be the rarest . i have 1 ,also gary 1970 on the board has 1 fully documented.

Rare you betcha.. I saw a few of them in knoxville. But not a option from the factory. Very neat how they were setup with the fuel tank, but we are talking factory options.

How long have you had it?

BW

ok

12 years,and thousands of dollars ago, saw youre car run at BG very impressive maybe 2 or 3 numbers all day .thats impressive to me and rare lol

Heavy padded landau top treatment with T-Top application on an '87 is said to be extremely rare.

I have seen Regals like this and it is the most useless thing on a car.

And for a second opinion, its ugly too.