Rarest TR Option??!!

" I think the alky cars are the rarest optioned cars in my opinion. Not sure if that counts since they were not sold to the public as an option."

i win,i win:biggrin: :biggrin: ;) mines also has the ultra rare gn wheel option............................

Attachments

• GS%20Nationals%202008%20151[1].1.jpg
    GS%20Nationals%202008%20151[1].1.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 337
86 T Type,
45/45 Leather Buckets, Astroroof, Electronic Touch Climate, Twilight Sentinal, remote trunk, posi, and tons more. White with Blackout and Grey Leather. I was told only 20 turbo cars had 45/45 leather buckets in 86. Don't know for sure. I do know I have never seen another like this one and I had seen a bunch
Mike
Cool!!! I have one of them! :) My 1986 has 45/45 grey leather buckets, White W/ Blackout, remote trunk (works!), dual power mirrors, center councel W/ floor shifter, Concert sound, also has the lighted visor mirror on the passenger side.....

Scot W.

VSIX had a beige t type for a state trooper that had a shotgun holder within the headliner! awesome car.

Believe That moon roof came only in 86.While shopping found one. This wa told to me....I wouldn't swear to it.......Rob

I've owned 4 GNs over the years and 2 of them had block heaters.Maybe it wasn't so rare up here in the northeast.
I removed the block heaters many years ago when I had the engines out of the cars.It's been so long since I removed the block heaters I can't even remember which of my cars had the block heaters. :confused: Is there an RPO code for the block heater that I could look for to see which of my cars had it?

One of my current GNs has a strange combo of options.It has power windows but manual door locks.What were they thinking?? :confused:

What's the difference between a moonroof and an astroroof ?

What time of day you open it up at. LOL. They are one in the same as far as our cars go.

I have never seen an 86 with the leather seats and a full console. I've seen a few with leather 45/45 and the shorty console. The cloth Lear-Seiglers in an 86 T-Type would also be a rare option. Gray was common but you'd score bonus points with the tan interior.

The block heater is RPO K05.

The block heater is RPO K05.
Thanks Eric

My 86 GN had the block heater until "the Great Piston Meltdown of 1999". :mad: I think the reason I removed it was beacause I used to do quite a few car shows back then and the cord and plug was more of an eyesore than it was useful.I never ran the car in the winter anyway.

newpics140Medium.jpg

Mine came with the leaky rear main and the shifter handle that shears off. It also had the leaky valve covers and the impellar nut that comes off by itself and chews up the impellar.

Nice Jer! as far as rare optiong I cant say my car has any of them, mine may be the LEAST optioned TR out there. but its a good thing cuz it keeps the weight down to 3350.

All 4 of the GNs I've owned had the cup holder delete option.I think the RPO code for the cup holder delete option is WTF. :tongue:

my 87 T has crank windows, no locks, no seats no power trunk, not delay wipers. But it does have buckets console and posi.

HTML:
What time of day you open it up at. LOL.

Ah yes, marketing at it's best but I had a moonroof GN once, once. :(

Interesting thread. :cool:

A buddy of mine down in MS. had a T with a bench seat and no adjustment, no defrost, AM radio, no power antenna, no tilt, no cruise, no power windows or locks, blackout, no posi, aluminum drums and bumper supports, no mirror adjusters, and a few other things I can't remember right now.

My GN had a block heater - I don't think that they were all that rare.

My GN had following options: the leaky main seal option along with the broken power antenna option, and the weak exhaust cam lobe on cylinder #3 option.

P.S. To be precise, a sunroof is opaque, a moonroof is translucent.