What is your opinion of these videos?

• There's nothing wrong with them!

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • They're degrading to women!

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • I don't watch them so I don't care.

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters
This is just another issue to rise out of some bored azz bitches sittin around at a college. That is free because they're minorities, and got nothing better to do but to bitch and whine about any little thing.

The women in that video agreed to do the shoot. They got paid for it. How can you blame them for degrading women....there are alot of women that clearly depict the images in that video...

IMO: If you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT ! I thought it was a free country??? Or is that only to minorities?:rolleyes: It's looking that way:rolleyes:

...yes, I'm a cracker-azz white boy that lives in the ghetto.

Re: OMFG!!!

Originally posted by dirtybird91
I cannot seriously believe how narrow someone could be to say that RAP MUSICK is crap! Rap musick represents a culture like all forms of musick in some form or fashion.
I think Rock and Roll S U C K S!!! I even think ELVIS SUCKED!
If anyone wants to know the definition of a hypocrite just look at the above statement. He complains how "narrow minded" someone is for saying rap is crap, then in the next sentences blasts rock music and says it SUCKS. Who's narrow minded (and hyprocritical) again?? :rolleyes: :confused:

I don't think these videos play on morality, but on the other side of the coin, I see what happens to kids who watch to much of this. They dress "funny" thier cars look "funny" and so on.

When I was in High School, most rappers like Biggie and Puffy, wore nice suits, and the message if you listened into it was about success. So I actually started to wear nicer clothes and think a bit more positivly. Im white btw.

Listen to a few KRS One songs, Listen to some old Rahkim songs. Even son NaS lyrics. They are all very positive. NaS's father, is a very renouned musician of classic African folk music. Even Tupac, wasn't the "bad assed rapper alot of foolish white kids think he is. He was a Baltimore "thug" in the Cosby series, "A Different World" He also played a roadie for the Sex packets. You can see him in the John Candy, Dan Akroyd movie "Nothing But Trouble".

I have listened to alot of types of music. Some of my favorites are songs like, "Hot Rod Lincoln" and if you know your car music, the precursor, "Hot rod race" "well you've heard the story of the hot rod race, where the ford and the mercury were leading the pace"? This is an early version of the "remix" a way to re-emphasize the original story, with different means.
Also, how many other songs, do you hear artists paying homage to other artists, How many Kid Rock songs do you hear him quoting something from say, Elton John. In the Ludacris song put out for FF2, he uses a line, "They got front and back, and side to side", this is a direct link to the Easy E song, in which after he jumps into his car, with his mack 10 on the side of his hip, he "got front and back, and side to side.
Listen closely to enough rap, and you will see past the "objectification of women" and you will see the true underlying art form. Sure they tell us they are from the hood, but this is the hustle my friend, Rap artists are very well educated in Music, it may not be from high $$ Universitys, but none the less, they still show exceptional skill in the genre.

On a side note, pick up a copy of any magazine ever produced. Tell me you can't find one add, that doesn't objectify women.:cool:

Originally posted by whitehot84
Let me make myself clear here. I think RAP is the fowlest thing to come along in my lifetime but I don't make judgements on anyone. I try to be the kind of person who gets along with everyone. Of course there are those that can't or won't allow that.
Whoever calls it RAP "music" is even less informed. When they have to use profanity and women bashing or killing to entertain, then there is a hole in our society.
Morality is faith based and there is no more biased arguments than religion and politics.
With that I will go on living my life the way I see fit and hope that everyone else is comfortable with theirs.
I notice in the replies in favor that there are numerous spelling errors and it is obvious that they are very young. I maintain that this "music" has decayed the minds of our young people and this is a prime example.

LOL:D :D
WHITEHOT or WHITECOLD!?
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS BOY!;)

Originally posted by 2 QK 4 U
This is just another issue to rise out of some bored azz bitches sittin around at a college. That is free because they're minorities, and got nothing better to do but to bitch and whine about any little thing.

I tend to agree with you on that these women should devote their time to academics instead of politics but that goes for college and university students in both genders. But that is a different issue. :D

Honestly though, isn't entertainment supposed to entertain? And are these vids really entertaining or are certain views imposed on all of us that we don't share? Are we asked if we want to see these rapper's opinion on women or drugs or violence when we turn on our TV? I certainly wasn't but if nobody complains ...

One could say "if you don't like them, don't watch them" all day long but it doesn't change the fact that our children will come in contact with it no matter how hard we try to teach them better and they are not as critical as we are and know right from wrong. Do we want them to grow up with such an outlook on society?

Originally posted by gn85girl
I tend to agree with you on that these women should devote their time to academics instead of politics but that goes for college and university students in both genders. But that is a different issue. :D

Honestly though, isn't entertainment supposed to entertain? And are these vids really entertaining or are certain views imposed on all of us that we don't share? Are we asked if we want to see these rapper's opinion on women or drugs or violence when we turn on our TV? I certainly wasn't but if nobody complains ...

One could say "if you don't like them, don't watch them" all day long but it doesn't change the fact that our children will come in contact with it no matter how hard we try to teach them better and they are not as critical as we are and know right from wrong. Do we want them to grow up with such an outlook on society?
As far as anything being forced on you...... you still have to pay for MTV, right? (SMACK!)

Yes, your children will come in contact with all kinds of awful stuff in their youth...it's called 'growing up'. A stupid video shouldn't be enough to circumvent years of YOUR influence.....it's called parenting. (SMACK!)

Lastly, I'm no Fabio.....I've learned to live with that, but if I was, you'd be seeing me 'objectified' all the time for rediculous amounts of money and I'd not ask to be pitied. If women were as insightful as most like to boast of being, they'd realize their 'objectification' is actually the manipulation of men. (SMACK!)

....no go make me a sandwich.

...I mean, honestly I'd do just about any of the women in any rap video:D and it'd be more than my credit card doing the swiping!

Dave Chapelle has some insightful outlooks on this topic in his season 1 boxset. check it out sometime, funny chit.

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
As far as anything being forced on you...... you still have to pay for MTV, right? (SMACK!)

Yes, your children will come in contact with all kinds of awful stuff in their youth...it's called 'growing up'. A stupid video shouldn't be enough to circumvent years of YOUR influence.....it's called parenting. (SMACK!)

Lastly, I'm no Fabio.....I've learned to live with that, but if I was, you'd be seeing me 'objectified' all the time for rediculous amounts of money and I'd not ask to be pitied. If women were as insightful as most like to boast of being, they'd realize their 'objectification' is actually the manipulation of men. (SMACK!)

LMAO!!!!:D :D :D

Originally posted by 84GNPILE
Dirtybird-I just think that Rap is leading the way since their vids seem to be getting more airplay and they're pushing the envelope more than the others right now.But they aren't alone, for sure.I agree with you, it's way bigger than Rap music.

"Elvis, was a hero to most, but he never meant S$%T to me you see,Straight up racist that sucka was simple and plain, M.F. him and John Wayne..." P.E. Fight the Power!

Elvis was a hero to most, but he NEVER meant to me as these straight out RACIST the sucker was simple and plain "M_F him and John Wayne!;)

Originally posted by DCEPTCN

Actually, no I don't! Since I do not live inside the US I do not have to pay for it! And it is not just MTV where you are objected to these vids, is it?

Let's see what the dictionary says about entertainment...
"Something that amuses, pleases, or diverts, especially a performance or show".
Is the society in anyways amused by these vids, I guess not otherwise we wouldn't have this discussion! Is society pleased? Well, are you? I didn't hear anybody on this thread actually saying they like these vids. Diversity? We might have a winner! These vids actually show a diversity in opinion but is it really such a disputed issue that I have to watch it in every second music video? I'm not sure on that, I will let you answer that question! So maybe these videos can be rendered "entertainment" but even that can be disputed. Second question is if this entertainment has any value to society I don't think it has but I'm sure you can dispute that.

If women were as insightful as most like to boast of being, they'd realize their 'objectification' is actually the manipulation of men. (SMACK!)

Well, I do fault these women for what they are doing and that they have or want to earn their money that way. I will give blame where is it due!

As to objectifying to manipulate, I don't know how manipulated the average smart man is but it seems to be widely accepted to picture guys like brainless animals that only think with certain parts of their body (especially in these vids). I think that is just as degrading and maybe you should take more pride in who you are and take a look at these vids again!

LOL

well if anything, rap could be considered degrating towards black females. Young black females aren't helping themselves by praising these rappers. so if anyone is to blame its the so called victims.

rap in 2004 sucks. its all about proclaiming how much money they got, how the got 20 hoes, etc. etc.. back in 88-94 rap was about the actual true life of these inner city men. Talkin about drug dealing, gangs, murders, police brutality. I think the early rap helped me to understand there was more to the world than going to catholic school and playing pony league. Hearing fiction and non-fiction rap songs about the life they led or experienced made me apriciate what i have. But maybe i got more from it because i had a background that told me what wrong and right was, maybe some kids took that as the way they want to act cause they didn't know better. I blame parents.

Only the controversial songs get the publicity, they never talk about rap songs that send a good message. Listen to the song "changes" by 2pac.

WTF???

What kind of hillibilies are on this board??? Why the hell are they attacking RAP Musick!?:confused: :confused: :confused:
You seem to know a lot about musick that you don't even listen to. How the hell do you know it has big-bootie BIAACHES if you don't watch it?????

I mean, out of all the possible forms of entertainment that could possibly be discussed we have to listen to this ex-lax CRAP!!!

I guarantee you that these are the same people that were pissed off after Janet Jackson exposed her MAMOGRAMS at the superbowl!:rolleyes:
By the way, I was pleased with that!:D :D :D

Go pick on OZZIE or some of those mindless hard rock boneheads that cross-dress and get a life!
BTW- EVIS SUCKS!:cool:

Dirtybird

Re: WTF???

What kind of hillibilies are on this board??? Why the hell are they attacking RAP Musick!?:confused: :confused: :confused:
You seem to know a lot about musick that you don't even listen to. How the hell do you know it has big-bootie BIAACHES if you don't watch it?????

I mean, out of all the possible forms of entertainment that could possibly be discussed we have to listen to this ex-lax CRAP!!!

I guarantee you that these are the same people that were pissed off after Janet Jackson exposed her MAMOGRAMS at the superbowl!:rolleyes:

Go pick on OZZIE or some of those mindless hard rock boneheads that cross-dress and get a life!
BTW- EVIS SUCKS!:cool:

Dirtybird
dirtybird i think you need a good WIGOUT. its music not musick. Janet jackson is a pig and her boobs weren't even that nice. But on a local message board i'm know as the redkneck wigger. Everyone needs a good balance between the two.

I'll put my hurst, my SS and my GS on a bet that you live so far from the hood that the bus don't even come by. Stop being something you're not .......cuz..

Re: WTF???

I'm sure you were pleased with that, it doesn't surprise me. However the broadcast airwaves are not owned by ABC, the NFL or Janet Jackson. They're owned by the citizens of this country, AKA the public. The public has a right to determine what it sees on it's airwaves. Want to see mammarys then watch cable, satellite or Canadian TV. It has no place on public television.

By the way, a Mamogram is a test. I believe you were referring to a mammary. :rolleyes:

You don't know me fool!

I guarantee you that I don't live in the hood because I was one of the fortunate people that worked hard enough to buy my way out of NEWARK NEW JERSEY!:rolleyes:

LOL!!!:D :D :D Janet looks like a pig and her boobs don't look that nice!?:D :D :D And to think I need a good WIGOUT! Only a queer would believe such a thing! :rolleyes:

So you are right, I am not from the hood, but I guarantee you that your hurst, SS and GS are some real turds compared to what RAPPERS ride around in!;)

Go back to Mayberry OPIE, but before you leave:

FART REAL BIG AND AIR YOUR MIND OUT BECAUSE YOU ARE FULL OF DOG $%!

:eek:

Dirtybird

Re: Re: WTF???

Originally posted by TT/A1233

By the way, a Mamogram is a test. I believe you were referring to a mammary. :rolleyes:

Yeah that's right! You should know! Yours probably look better than Janets!:rolleyes:

Dirtybird

Re: You don't know me fool!

I guarantee you that I don't live in the hood because I was one of the fortunate people that worked hard enough to buy my way out of NEWARK NEW JERSEY!:rolleyes:

LOL!!!:D :D :D Janet looks like a pig and her boobs don't look that nice!?:D :D :D And to think I need a good WIGOUT! Only a queer would believe such a thing! :rolleyes:

So you are right, I am not from the hood, but I guarantee you that your hurst, SS and GS are some real turds compared to what RAPPERS ride around in!;)

Go back to Mayberry OPIE, but before you leave:

FART REAL BIG AND AIR YOUR MIND OUT BECAUSE YOU ARE FULL OF DOG $%!

:eek:

Dirtybird
son, i'm from one of the biggest hoods in pittsburgh. By the way Swin Cash from the WNBA tried to buy my GS so obviously its good enough for her.

Let me understand this partner?

You defend people disrespecting a music that belongs to our culture and you claim to be from the hood?

I have respect for all my homies from the hood, but you are starting to sound like UNCLE TOM.....:(

DIRTYBIRD

Re: Re: Re: WTF???

Yours probably look better than Janets!:rolleyes:

Dirtybird
Please, let's not get into your sexual preferences. If you like men's mammarys over womens' that's your problem....not mine.