Random Questions

You need to do some research about turbos and function to understand Jase. The draw through design as it came from the factory works better if you load the exhaust. That's why the 204/214 cam works so well. Getting to big a cam will also cause issues like slow spool up. You really don't need that big a cam in these engines to make some serious power, just the right one.:biggrin:

ive got a 204/214 cam.... interested??

Looks like I`m going back to MI. My mom has to go back because there is no neurologist that will take her insurance and the state is going to take her disability away if she doesn't keep going to a neurologist... so she can`t afford to stay in FL. I can get my old job back up there, I have a place to stay there and I have my other motor waiting for me to wrench away on:biggrin:

Looks like I`m going back to MI. My mom has to go back because there is no neurologist that will take her insurance and the state is going to take her disability away if she doesn't keep going to a neurologist... so she can`t afford to stay in FL. I can get my old job back up there, I have a place to stay there and I have my other motor waiting for me to wrench away on:biggrin:

REALLY, Ill be in Chicago in february, road trim to flint to see my grandad anyway. :biggrin:

I adjusted the timing again... I don`t think its the timing. It isn't backfiring through the carb now, but it is still sputtering when it warms up. I`m not sure what to do now:confused:

Sorry to hear you have to move again Jase but I hope your mother does better.

Once again, I feel like a moron... I found the problem, 2 cracked spark plugs(I put them in before I came down)... I guess the drive down here most have overheated them and they cracked. So a $6 problem, cost me $500:mad: I wish I had checked them first... dumb ass:rolleyes: At-least I can make it back to MI and build the other motor... I have big plans for the motor that is in it now too:biggrin:

Well you learned an expensive lesson. Check everything before you take off again Jase. Tell us when you take off and keep us up to date on how things are going.

lol If your car had an aftermarket ignition you probably would have never known 'till you pulled the plugs.

i keep hearing that the back two barrels on the qjet dont open all the way. what has to be done to get them to work all the way, and flow the 800cfms or something like that? if i put a spreadbore holley carb on wouldn't that just correct any issues?

i keep hearing that the back two barrels on the qjet dont open all the way. what has to be done to get them to work all the way, and flow the 800cfms or something like that? if i put a spreadbore holley carb on wouldn't that just correct any issues?

I noticed that too... I was cleaning the carb and noticed that they don`t open all the way... also, they where getting caught on the carb body, so I took some light sandpaper too it and now they don`t bind.

The top air flaps open up about 60 degrees stock. All you have to do is go on the choke side of the air valve shaft and grind off 1/4" or so.

You dont have to go to far though. A 231 CID at 2 BAR (15PSI) only flows 630ish CFM. Thats done with calculations out of Doug Roes Qjet book. Used a volumteric efficiency of around 1.75 assuming slightly less than 15 PSI and a motor that isnt up to 100% VE.

Basically what Ive done for mods is loosening up the set screw on the air valve shaft to open the seconaries up qicker, drilled some holes in the seconary well pickup rods and opened the secondary flaps a bit.

The throttle plates on the secondaries are fine, no need to mess with.

Hers just a general link that is nice to have.

QUADRAJET AIRFLOW RATINGS