Radiator upgrade

Rhinospeed84

No Good Ideas
I am slowly building a replacement engine for my car, so far I have blueprinted 109 shortblock with forged pistons, 212/206 cam, ported heads and intake with a ta33c or ta48 turbo in the works. this will include all of the neccesary upgrades to make it work. My question is does anybody make a big radiator-elec fan kit for our cars, or is there anybody in eastern NC that can do this as well as an 87 ecm swap. I'm a 20 year old marine, so this is my daily driver and it has to be done right. Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

You could get an F-body aluminum radiator from NAPA, they are about $160. Then buy the ramchargers dual fan setup for $80. It is not a kit, but it will work.

i have the f-body aluminum radiator and dual fans out of a plymouth breeze. You can get these both at the junkyard for practically nothing. You will need to do some trimming and wire the fans yourself but its worth it. My car runs around 170 degrees when its about 90 degrees outside. As far as the ecm swap goes, that is a piece of cake. You can do it (ecm, maf, ats) in under 20 mins.
hope that helps

the ats is the air temperature sensor and you usually put it in the base of the k&n air filter when you do the ecm swap.

I had originally put the larger 3 row radiator in my 84T and a few weeks ago I noticed it would get around 205 on the hiway. 215 with the A/C on. I went to a local radiator shop and ordered the alumunim F-body radiator and it now stays around 175 all the time. I think also my old one was getting a bit plugged. ;) Mine only cost $124 instead of the NAPA price of $160.

The F body radiator is from a 92 is that correct? Is this a direct replacement, or are some mods required?

Thanks,
Tim

It's for an 89. They didn't show if it was for automatic or standard but it showed up with the trans cooler ports in it. :)

Direct replacement, no mods needed.

That sounds good, the radiator part is figured out. Now I know this is a long shot but does anybody know of a shop in eastern NC that can do the ecm swap and fan wiring. THis car is my only car so I don't want to atempt this with no experience.

Fbod rad from AZ for $117 w/ LT warranty.

DO A SEARCH, all the info on the subject is already here in this forum including part #, year of vehicles it came on, performance, link to specifics at the site of the manufacturer, etc. Also plenty of info in the General Tech area aswell.