quickest 15lb pass

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
Guys I am wondering what your cars run @ stock boost?

:biggrin:Well we went to HRP last night. I have been wondering if the Buick could get in the 11s at 15lbs of boost. I could not be happier with it.
R/T...2.498
60'....1.652 BEST LAUNCH EVER!!! Thanks JD the trans is AWSOME!
330'...4.836
1/8....7.543
MPH...91.16
1000'..9.884
1/4....11.861
MPH...114.01
I don't know if anyone else goes to the track just clowning around (I sure hope you do it is great fun) but I had a great time. I am wondering if anyone else has run their "built" motor cars at stock boost just to see what it will do?

Please post up what your times are at 15lbs if you have them. I can tell you that this was a blast!! No fear of breaking anything, just having fun with some friends and hanging out at the track.

So if you get a chance give it a try and post up the result!!:D

What turbo are you running?

I am getting ready to lower my boost down into the teens just to keep it safe on the street. I also wondered what it would do in the 1/4 at low boost levels.

I must have not addes it to my sig. I have a Pricision 6131 E housing. Journal bearing no BB....Yet! You should do it. It was really a lot a of fun with less worry that your boing to hurt the car.

:biggrin:Well we went to HRP last night. I have been wondering if the Buick could get in the 11s at 15lbs of boost. I could not be happier with it.
R/T...2.498
330'...4.836
1/8....7.543
MPH...91.16
1000'..9.884
1/4....11.861
MPH...114.01
I don't know if anyone else goes to the track just clowning around (I sure hope you do it is great fun) but I had a great time. I am wondering if anyone else has run their "built" motor cars at stock boost just to see what it will do?

Please post up what your times are at 15lbs if you have them. I can tell you that this was a blast!! No fear of breaking anything, just having fun with some friends and hanging out at the track.

hey whats up bro, im the other guy who was out that night with the turbo t. i finally managed to put a little power down and snap off a 12.42 at 111.5 mph. with my worthless stall and crappy crappy "road warriors" street tires lol

R/t- .685
60'- 2.07 (3000 stall with a ta-66 :mad: )
330'- 5.308
1/8 - 8.35
mph- 87.02
1000'- 10.407
1/4 - 12.420
mph- 111.54

this was on 15 lbs- regular crap tires- junk ass 60'- and weighing in a 3440 lbs. 93 octane

i gotta say 11.8's is hauling the mail for 15lbs! hopefully i can get decent tires and a higher stall for next time

how much does your car weigh?

It was good to meet you. The last time I weighed mine it was with a FULL tank and just like I ran out there and it was 36??. I can't remember what the exact number was but shes no light weight!! I have a nice stero and spare tire in the trunk. I could drop a 10th if I would just remove the crap out of the trunk but no sooner than I pull the spare I will have a flat on the way to the track. I just like to run it just how I drive it. Shoot me a PM with your number and maybe we can plan the next trip to the track. Jon Hanson

awesome runs John, I can't wait to hear how it runs with 25 psi and a 15 psi t-brake launch. I will say this... I rarely have run 15 psi. But way back a few years ago on my first trip to Noble, I drove the car up and ran it as is with pump gas and no alky (didn't have it yet) and launched the hell out of it. Pulled a 1.58 60 ft and ran 11.72 at 111.3. That was on my old motor with a 204/214 cam and a TE44 at 15-16 psi. Sadly I ran it with 22-23 psi after the 110 was put in and I never 60'd better than a 1.75 the rest of the weekend lol.

Sounds like a fun idea. I've been kicked out of tracks for going too fast, but don't want to put in a roll bar. I'm not sure if I can take enough fuel out of my TT chip to "ONLY" run 15 lbs of boost.:eek::D

Mike Barnard

R/T...2.498
330'...4.836
1/8....7.543
MPH...91.16
1000'..9.884
1/4....11.861
MPH...114.01

Wow those are some nice times for only 15lbs:eek:Were you locking the converter on those runs? I wonder if the 6131 turbo has enough steam to make it into the 10's .

27lbs boost and 1.5 60' you'll be there.:wink:

I don't know if the turbo has the beans to go 10's but I WILL be finding out! thanks for all the responces. Like I posted before, I have had a lot of good times at the track but going and not having to worry, and running good was just an absolute blast!
SPOOLFOOL2 Sounds like a fun idea. I've been kicked out of tracks for going too fast, but don't want to put in a roll bar. I'm not sure if I can take enough fuel out of my TT chip to "ONLY" run 15 lbs of boost.

Mike Barnard

It would be worth giving it a shot. You bay still get booted for 11.50 no bar but it would be cool to run 11.50 @ 15lbs.

the only thing that sucked is my laptop was dead when I left the houst so I didn't log the run. I tried locking the converter after the burn out and it slowed me down. I need to set it to lock @ 97mph or so I think.

With my new 6262 Billet Journal bearing best time to date was 11.61 @ 115mph at 16psi boost. It held rock steady at 16 the whole run. I can't wait to turn her up a little and then see what happens.

The rest of my combo is in my sig.

86 TR With my new 6262 Billet Journal bearing best time to date was 11.61 @ 115mph at 16psi boost. It held rock steady at 16 the whole run. I can't wait to turn her up a little and then see what happens.

The rest of my combo is in my sig.

Thats a strong pass for 16lbs. Let us know what she does when you get it turned up!

If i recall turbobitt went 10.20's? with his stage 2 at 16psi. It went 9's at around 20 with an old 76 Q trim (not GTQ) with a POS restrictive on center 4 bolt housing.

Also it would be nice to see what is static compression ratio of the motor along with boost numbers. Obviously a 8 to 1 motor will require more boost than a 9.5 to 1 motor.

Prasad

Also it would be nice to see what is static compression ratio of the motor along with boost numbers. Obviously a 8 to 1 motor will require more boost than a 9.5 to 1 motor.

Prasad

turbobitt was around 8:1

turbobitt was around 8:1

Yes, I will be tickled to death if my car ran like that. My setup is very similar to Alan’s except the cam and few other minor things. I have a smaller cam; 230/230 and 9:1 compression. Other than that I have everything almost the same, I even have his intake. I also have a sheet metal intake that I may use after resizing it but not sure due to fitment issues. Also I may go the E85 route, we will see.

Prasad:biggrin:

Yes, I will be tickled to death if my car ran like that. My setup is very similar to Alan’s except the cam and few other minor things. I have a smaller cam; 230/230 and 9:1 compression. Other than that I have everything almost the same, I even have his intake. I also have a sheet metal intake that I may use after resizing it but not sure due to fitment issues. Also I may go the E85 route, we will see.

Prasad:biggrin:

He had a POS by todays standards 76 Q with an on center restrictive housing, and converter eating up mph too. It would have went a lot faster with todays turbo and converter tech