Pump Gas 93 Record?

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Whats the record ET/MPH for a 86/87 TR with pump 93 only, no water or meth injection?

prob be broken down by year of car, color, interior color, and if ya have aftermarket rims :p

Doesn't matter, V6, single or twin turbo, whatever, its still an 80's Regal with a turbo V6 that has to get down the 1/4 mile. Probably a stage motor with GN1R's and a front mount should go 10's, but has it been done?

on the serious side I an sure guys have gone 10s.. I don't remember names BUT maybe they will see the thread an respond :cool:

12.3 at 115 on stock heads...see the sig, i was rocking out a set of 235 ROADWARRIORS

Turbobitt went 10 teens about 10 years ago@17psi and conservative timing on an 8:1 engine. I doubt he ran 93 octane but certainly could have on that tune. 9 sec power would be no problem with a purpose built engine. But ask yourself who would spend $15k on an engine and scrimp on octane.

Bottom 10's is strong! I need to get my car baselined on pump gas before getting alky. I was hoping for low 11's on pump 93 only, we'll find out soon. I got my car back together last night and drove it for the first time since I broke the eaton after qualifying in Reynolds. I have the wastegate set at 18#'s and weighing 3200#'s...

I drove my buddies GN to a 11.7 at 119 at E-town a couple years ago straight 93 and 18 psi, ET Streets w a 1.7 60 ft. 235 center mains, front mount, gn1's, te-45. quick street car

I'm going to the track Thurs hopefully, getting the A/C recharged tomorrow. I'm hoping for high 11's at a minimum. On the street this week its getting no knock, 860's O2's on 15 psi boost, 21* timing...

I'm going to the track Thurs hopefully, getting the A/C recharged tomorrow. I'm hoping for high 11's at a minimum. On the street this week its getting no knock, 860's O2's on 15 psi boost, 21* timing...

Good luck and I hope you get there. I like to see fast guys doing it on straight pump gas. I spray the booze myself, but have much respect for your efforts.

Can you post more of your combo?

I was hoping for low 11's on pump 93 only, we'll find out soon. I have the wastegate set at 18#'s and weighing 3200#'s...

I have no doubt in my mind you will run those times. My street chip is burned the same way. 93oct, 18psi, 18* timing & no alky using a 6265, I just went 11.9 @ 112 on 16psi (FAT TUNE) weighing 35xx#'s. I could have got it down into the 11.40~11.50's that day if I would have tuned more & not being so scared and nervous. My next trip to the track I hope to crack the 10's.:rolleyes: I will not be using the current tune though. I will be using race gas and a race chip.;) I have no extra money to rebuild just to try and see how far I can go on 93.:smile: I'm starting to see the benifits of a well built motor!:p I look forward to seeing your times! GL!!

Board member "bird" drove his car 1.5 hours to the track with his family and ran 10.23 @ 133mph on straight 94 pump gas at full weight, AC, T-tops, through the exhaust with ET Streets. Link below

Congrat to Bird (aka Rich) 10.23 @131 on pump gas - TurboBuicks.com

Hey ttypewhite, I just came from reading what you linked and my reason on running race gas when I decide to go faster is the same one you gave 3 years ago.:biggrin: Not saying you can't make it go boom on C16.:eek:;)

A/C relay is out, new one won't get here for 3 days. It's gonna be a hot 60 miles ride each way to the track tomorrow.

Build: 250 inch DLS/Cruz stroker, billet caps, and girdle, GN1's w/ individual stud roller rockers, 210/210 roller cam, ported lower intake, 70mm tb/doghouse, TE45a P trim, V4 I/C, 80# injctors, Weldon 1100 w -8 feed -6 return, ATR external gate down pipe, ATR dual 3 SS exhaust, 3000 stall l/u PTS 9/11 converter, TR parts 3" uppipe, HRParts mounts and rear lower arms, Kirban stock maf and TT chip, 3200-3250#'s w/o driver, etc, etc...

It was built for THS, but also qualified at Reynolds for TSR and TSM too on its first time out on the new combo.

Once its baselined on pump gas, the plan is Razor's alky next since it is so hot/humid here in FL and I plan on keeping the SLIC.

Build an 8 second car and detune it. It will
Run low 10's no problem.

gndriven has went high 9's/low tens with alky and pump gas IIRC the mph was 136ish. With a girdled 109 and ported GN1's

Board member "bird" drove his car 1.5 hours to the track with his family and ran 10.23 @ 133mph on straight 94 pump gas at full weight, AC, T-tops, through the exhaust with ET Streets. Link below

Thats amazing...and all the more reason I plan on keeping my car a pump gas combo with no alky

You can't get 94 anymore and if you can it will have the 10-15percent ethanol blend. What was yesterday is just that. Todays gas is garbage.

Build a high 8 second capable motor and turn the boost down. You will run low 10's. Nothing magical about cubic dollars.

If you take a TSO car and run it at 16-18 psi and 18 degrees timing you'd be in the 9's. The problem is why would you take your 8 second thrill ride and slow it down when you get go the track.