Pump Gas 93 Record?

You can't get 94 anymore and if you can it will have the 10-15percent ethanol blend. What was yesterday is just that. Todays gas is garbage.

Build a high 8 second capable motor and turn the boost down. You will run low 10's. Nothing magical about cubic dollars.

If you take a TSO car and run it at 16-18 psi and 18 degrees timing you'd be in the 9's. The problem is why would you take your 8 second thrill ride and slow it down when you get go the track.
I is unlikely a tso engine would be ok at those pressures running 93 octane. Maybe 14psi/18*. I wouldn't try it though

Bad news, I went to the gas station to fill up and grabbed the wrong handle, I put in Sunoco GT100 :) I gotta get alky soon...

I went 11.9@114mph last year on straight pump gas in my Red T with an easy launch. See the posts here.

Last year I was on a smaller CPT61 turbo and and stock location V4 IC. With an upgrade to a CPT66 turbo, Cotton FMIC, and larger TB and plenum it should go even faster this year on pump gas. I've also got an MSBC boost controller in it now so I could try running more boost down low and have the boost drop off throughout the run. I'm also running a TT wideband 6.1 chip now so I'll have better control of the A/F. 11.50s on my daily driver Nitto DRs should be within reach on pump gas. Probably a 10.7 sec car with alky turned on and stickier tires.

I went 11.0x or 11.1x ( I can't remember for sure anymore) at 123.75mph 5+ years ago on Amoco 93-octane. There's a post here somewhere, way back about it.

Combo was: '109 @ 3.810 bore, stock crank/rods, Te70q-trim, Fairpark SLIC, 3.5" THDP, cracked TH headers, Champion iron heads, 206/206 roller cam, Janis transmission, Precision lock-up converter (that wasn't locking!), etc...

It was a car I could jump in and drive anywhere in comfort... Except for the exhaust tone from the TH 3.5" single shot exhaust!! :D

K.