Project Car/Build for the board.. "Rusty Silver Bullet" seeking 10's ASAP!

What chip or electronics are u running to run 27.5 psi of boost i only have 15 psi and i have knock???
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Red's 106 chip and a Red's XP pump. You might want to look at your pump, injectors and the fuel.. Or it could be very well be false knock at that low of boost depending what your O2 volts are.

Great 60'! I have the same shocks, same sway bar and 275/55/16 M&H DRs and regardless of trans brake or foot brake I can't get below a 1.71

Thanks Eric, I was pretty happy with everything for it being set pretty base line. The car does not vary much between foot or t-brake if the track is up to speed prep wise.

There is still some 60' in it. What exhaust housing does the turbo have? I have a Garrett .63 that would help the 60' if it has a Precision. A drag radial might help the car come out faster on the same boost launch. You should be able to go low 1.5's. It isn't out of turbo, it should still be making power to 30psi+. The issue is going to be octane with the pump 110. Dump 5 gallons of C16 in it. I would be interested to see what actual AFR it is at on 25psi vs 27psi.

There is still some 60' in it. What exhaust housing does the turbo have? I have a Garrett .63 that would help the 60' if it has a Precision. A drag radial might help the car come out faster on the same boost launch. You should be able to go low 1.5's. It isn't out of turbo, it should still be making power to 30psi+. The issue is going to be octane with the pump 110. Dump 5 gallons of C16 in it. I would be interested to see what actual AFR it is at on 25psi vs 27psi.

I agree Rob. The housing is a Precision .63 and its def hurting the ramp up. If you watch it leave it hits the tires and theres a slight delay before it hits the tires with full boost really hard. Something I know the garret .63 wouldnt do. The drag radial will not hook at 42 with no starting line prep.. Norwalk absolutely it would. The turbo doesnt seem to wanna make as much power at 30 psi.. seems like its going backwards horsepower wise on this stock motor if I turn it up higher. Seems like its going out of its efficient range. Cammed, ported head motor I'm sure it would do over 30 and make power there no problem. As far as the octane its getting to the limit yes.. as well as the single XP pump. I would also like to know what the AFR is..lol but that's gonna take adding a WB o2 and Im trying to keep this whole build/project in the "next to nothing" money wise for the build.

I have a p trim Garrett housing if you want to borrow it. Dragway 42 and drag radials is tough. Norwalk with no prep is better than 42.

Did you guys see that 42 is up for sale???? Was on their website last Fri to see if they were having test and tune and saw the note. Hoping someone (Brian?) buys it...

Your picking up almost 25 mph in the last half, that's moving. Awesome work, I was looking forward to this weeks results.

Are you going through the muffs or using a cutout? A cutout would alleviate a a lot of the back pressure.

I have a p trim Garrett housing if you want to borrow it. Dragway 42 and drag radials is tough. Norwalk with no prep is better than 42.

Appreciate the offer Rob! If I stick with the turbo I will def get ahold of you. I completely agree about Norwalk!

Did you guys see that 42 is up for sale???? Was on their website last Fri to see if they were having test and tune and saw the note. Hoping someone (Brian?) buys it...

It would be nice to have a racer buy and save it. Just have to see what happens..;)

Your picking up almost 25 mph in the last half, that's moving. Awesome work, I was looking forward to this weeks results.

Thanks Jim!

Are you going through the muffs or using a cutout? A cutout would alleviate a a lot of the back pressure.

See post #47 in this thread.. Been bypassing the stock exhaust since almost the very beginning.

Week 7 in the books!!

Week 7 we broke down and added a bigger turbo. I also added a set of used Red's double pumps for safety as I was running thin with the single XP in week 6 on the top end. I'm running out of time to get this car in the 10's and instead of chipping away with with the small turbo I thought the big turbo would be our best chance to put the car in the 10's much more quickly at this point in the game. We went with a used precision hpq71 borrowed from a friend who is done racing for the year. This combo is not ideal for the stock engine but doing this whole thing on a very small budget deliberately and trying to do it inside of 2 months time of actual track trips isn't easy. We are currently at 27 psi of boost and still on Cam2 race fuel.

Times for yesterday night week 7 are as follows..

11.34@119.46, 11.18@119.28, 11.15@120.42, 11.13@120.24, 11.13@120.88 Video is one of the 11.13 passes!

The local track isn't the ideal place for traction to say the least. We are really hindered by this.. If we can get a good hook the car will def go in the 10's with its current tune and combo I feel. I think its going to take a high 1.4 or low 1.5 60 ft. With that being said the "Rusty Silver Bullet" is making the trip to Bowling Green!! I think we can get the traction and the air we need there to see this car go in the 10's in week 8!! Wish us luck in this journey and hopefully we can make it happen this coming week at the Nationals!! I added the rear window decal so all you members who are going can stop over and say hi and see the ole bullet in the flesh!:D Look forward to meeting alot of you members!

project69.jpg

Attachments

• project65.jpg
    project65.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 489
  • project67.jpg
    project67.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 534
Beech Bend will be a great place for it to hit 10's! Wish I could be there!!

I thought the same thing Eric! :D

The bigger turbo didn't seem to hurt the 60 foot. Same converter?

Same converter.. were just leaving with ALOT more boost! The 62 turbo we were leaving around 10 psi on average.. We now have to leave with 18 psi now just to keep the turbo on power after the leave or its very lazy.. only problem is the track will not hold it. If it would stick I think we have our goal. Less than a week now we will know. If it doesn't do it in BG I am gonna put a much more practical turbo on the car. Like a TE45a or something along those lines or even back to the TE62 with a garret .63.. The 45a is still way to big for a stock motor but better suited for what we are trying to accomplish.

Wow, 18 psi launch , just seems crazy but whatever works.
Still mile an houring well.
Keep up the great work.

Wow, 18 psi launch , just seems crazy but whatever works.
Still mile an houring well.
Keep up the great work.

Thanks Rich! It does sound crazy but believe it or not it hits the tires almost indentical as the te62 did at 10 psi. If this motor had a cam and heads and would actually breathe it would be a completely different story.. 18 would officially be crazy! lol

It should depress more than a few!!!!

That's another way to look at it but I would have to include myself in that group because he's running better than me at probably 1/3 of the cost. Yet another way to look at it he's cutting through all of the BS!