Production run TTA elbow TH style

want to bet...............gn motor,gn heads,gn headers going into a tta,i will make that fckr fit............

they make big hammer's :p I have a 3 1/2" on mine .. headers and downpipe are worth more than the car !!!!!

Someone make an elbow and I'll have mine own custom made. Sure it might be close to $1k but its a limiting factor. Or if someone guarantees me a DP that will fit, where do I send the money.

Jason

I can have the flange made, but not the puck and the associated parts for it. If I can get these parts from someone we are in business.

Better make sure pucks work properly. I can hear it now.....My motor blew because bla bla bla! Beta test first, then make a production run. Ya, I am a prototyper at work. I see this stuff happen all the time:)

If this is something I can take to my local shop and weld up a nice 3" system behind it that will be comporable to a THDP, then count me in for one.

Shane
TTA #1525
PHX, AZ

If this is something I can take to my local shop and weld up a nice 3" system behind it that will be comporable to a THDP, then count me in for one.

Shane
TTA #1525
PHX, AZ

Well, here's the deal. To my knowledge, Houston never made a TTA downpipe.

Back about 6-7 years ago, Jack Cotton wanted to offer a "Houston" 3" DP for the TTA. He had me take my TTA to a guy named Buster in Marietta, Ga. and leave it with him for a week for the DP to be designed. Buster designed and built the DP. However, Houston built the elbows for the DP that bolt to the turbo exhaust housing as they were/are different than the Turbo Regal ones because they have a tighter radius and have to tuck next to the engine more. As most people know, Houston is no longer making anything. I have talked to Buster and he still has the program and jig for the pipes and said he would make them again, however I/we would have to find a source for the elbows. I talked to Paul at SE Turbo to see if I could either get some info on where he gets his flanges/pucks so that I could then find someone to do the elbows. Paul didn't want to tell me where he gets them, nor sell me any. I'm assuming he wants to make some money somehow on this. So I took my elbow that Houston originally made to SE Turbo to allow them to examine it to see if they could/would make them. At this point it seems they don't want to undertake it unless they have some dedicated orders, but can't seem to offer a price. I'm tired of this all and am just going to pick my elbow up from SE Turbo this Saturday and see what I can come up with elsewhere. Maybe that's more of the story than you wanted, or more than I should have shared, but that's where we are on this whole thing.

Also, to answer your question, the fit of this "Houston" TTA DP is as best as can be expected with the minimal space on a TTA. I ended up having to lightly dimple mine in a couple spots just to keep it from hitting and the knock sensor picking it up as false knock. In addition to the DP, Buster also designed a complete 3" system for the TTA when he had my car for the week. Not sure if he still has the file/jig for it or not. But the DP will work fine with any of the available 3" systems for the TTA.

Thanks for the effort. Still proves my point most of the people in the buick community are in it for the money. I realize they have to make a living, but why not just make $50 or so and let us have our parts? If I could make them, I would.

Jason

So can we even get close to needing ten of them? I might buy two if it helps get us closer to ten.

Houston is still making products :cool: did anyone try Precision like I said ?? :confused: :eek: NO it wasn't cheap ... sorry no one is goin to the bother of making a downpipe and make $50 :rolleyes: :cool:

Houston is still making products :cool: did anyone try Precision like I said ?? :confused: :eek: NO it wasn't cheap ... sorry no one is goin to the bother of making a downpipe and make $50 :rolleyes: :cool:

No I didn't. I'll try to contact them. Thanks

Ok I exaggerated, but why wont they sell the elbows and a make little versus making a killling? I guess if they are the only ones though, you gotta pay to play.

Jason

I know I know ...no one can accually CALL them :rolleyes: I have a slip here from Precision for $245 .. that was in 3/04.. so $50 for the rest of the pipe and $50 profit it should only cost $345 :eek: and then to top it off 2 people will come up with the $$$ to buy them :p

Houston is still making products

That's odd. Buster stated about 2 months ago he had just talked to them a few days before and indicated they were no longer making anything, just selling inventory that had already been made, and that once that was depleted, that was it.

people have been selling the pipes but maybe Houston was just deleting thier supply .. :eek:

Yeah, I mean I could be totally wrong since I haven't actually spoken to anyone with/at Houston, but from what Buster said they were not making anything more. That the vendors out there and Houston were selling what inventory had already been made/sold, but that once that inventory was exhausted, that was it.

I believe that's why a lot of the vendors have either already or are working towards designing/making/selling their own line of DP's (just not for the TTA :tongue: )