Probe Crankshaft?

The problem was no one owned the rights to Buick V6 crank forgings. I believe Eagle was the first to come out with the steel crank. Eagle had the crank made in China and finished it here in the US. But then CAT which no longer around under cut everyone with their Chinese labor force.

Since CAT under cut everyone, the legit companies didn't want anything to do with making cranks for the Buick V6, there was no money in it for them anymore.

See what happens when you support (buy) from these Chinese knockoff companies. Now everyone is begging for a crank.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I assume you are only looking for stock stroke?

I recall seeing a number of vendors that listed the stroker cranks (DLS, full throttle, buickGN.com etc).

Anybody know if DLS ever came out with the wide journal rods for his stroker crank??

Just curious :)

If the part is really 4340
If the part was a Chinese alloy the cranks would be about $150-200. Im almost positive they cant sell cranks of Chinese alloy and call them 4340. Anyone else wants to chime in with more info please do. So with that said we export our steel to China to have them forge cranks which are imported back to us and finish machined here. Thats why they are not $200. I have an old CAT that had to be cut .010 on the mains and it is a really nice piece. The journals ar emuch harder than a stock crank and its held up fine at my power levels