Probe Crankshaft?

I've got a feeling I don't want to know... I should be able to get away with a stock crank on my build, anyway.

Price wasn't listed on their site, and I'm not going to call when I'm broke. lol

I tried getting a crank from probe at the end of August. They didnt have any in stock and they couldn't get me one either. The owner was a really nice guy and did some research to try to point me in the correct direction to find one though.

These probe cranks are CAT cranks, according to who i spoke with on the phone at probe.

Bought one last month

I got one of these from probe last month. I was told they got them from RPM. I confirmed this with RPM. Now whether they are CAT or not, I don't know.
The part looks very well made. The crank was set in block and all looked good.
Will it hold up? That remains to be seen. If the part is really 4340 then they should be a great product. Even if they were made in China.

evadddave

So did you have to do any extra work to the crank? Any more machining or was it a straight up drop in piece?

They're all out, and won't have any more until sometime next year. Is anyone making steel cranks??

Nick

What about eagle dont they make cranks for our cars ? Or did i miss something like they r junk ???

What about eagle dont they make cranks for our cars ? Or did i miss something like they r junk ???

I would not call Eagle crank JUNK ! I think this Probe crank is Eagle crank ,call it Eagle ,Probe ,RPM.... Crankshafts And Crankshaft Kits... they all come from the same source ,yes they China made and sometimes they have to be shaved right away to be perfect but this is much stronger /better then Brand New turbo crank - if you can find one , and when stock turbo crank is cut 0.010 under sometimes all hard stuff that GM put into them is already gone and when they cut more ???
that is junk to me ,anyway I think there is only one source of stock stroke forged cranks today for $500 -$600 and they are good cranks , just ask machine shops that use them or ....you can buy $1600 stock stroke forge crank made in USA ,I am using RPM /Eagle crank and very happy ,just my two cents ....and forget the picture guys ,specs say it's 3.8 stock stroke crank.

Cranked up

Isn't kinda odd that these companies that have steel cranks for buicks are always out of stock ? This is a classical example of supply and demand. People find a source and buy up all they can to keep the supply and demand high... Remember the cam sensor and the power master deal.. Someone spills the beans where there is a reasonable priced buick item and someone comes in a buys the entire LOT! then tricles back to the buick community for 3 times the price!!! Spending money makes money..