Prepared for Hurricane Sandy here in Virginia

I hope all is well on the east coast. I work for Com Ed and we sent a lot of trucks out east saturday morning. God bless.

Lights flashed a couple of time here but didn't go out. We had a many gusts that were very strong, at least 60mph. I was afraid some of my trees might come down but none did. Sorry to hear about the flooding some are experiencing. My Dad told me when I was looking for a house to find one on top of a hill. Glad I did.

No electricity and No water going back today after the high tide which is around 9:00 am. The wife am I are leaving the kids behind. We need to get emotionally right first before we can be strong for them. Right now I am ok but who knows how hard of an impact its going to have on my wife and self when we actually see the damage for our selves.

No electricity and No water going back today after the high tide which is around 9:00 am. The wife am I are leaving the kids behind. We need to get emotionally right first before we can be strong for them. Right now I am ok but who knows how hard of an impact its going to have on my wife and self when we actually see the damage for our selves.

Good luck and God Bless.. Where are you guys? I was born and raised in Wantagh but just moved to NJ shore area 4 months ago. A lot of my friends and family are in the area and I know you guys got crushed, water cant be even boiled, electric out for 10 or more days. my cousin evacuated Long Beach but cant imagine its too good. BTW what caused the issues to with the water I never heard? Be strong

-Rich

Not good at all
I'll post up pictures tomorrow

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121030_200832.png
    ForumRunner_20121030_200832.png
    328.6 KB · Views: 106
Second picture is a major county road. Lights out in 4 towns

Attachments

• image-476073543.jpg
    image-476073543.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3294311311.jpg
    image-3294311311.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 77
At least you guys are still aboe to tell us you're ok.;) Most of the other guys haven't checked in yet.:(

We're having a thunder storm right now. Very unusal for us at this time of year. Crazy weather.

Called my ins. Company and they want to tow the car to look at it. Is this normal?
Thanks for any help

That's BS!!

I'd raise Cain and make them to come to you.

They need to get off their butts and do their job. After all, isn't service part of what you are paying for in those big ol' premiums?

You don't want your car sitting in a tow lot somewhere, waiting for them to get around to looking at it "when they have time".

You don't owe them a G Darn thing.

This is a disaster and they have disaster teams that get paid extra to work situations like this.

You, on the other hand, are the victim of this disaster and first and foremost, their customer, admittedly one of many, but still a customer....... And the customer comes first, right?

That's BS!!

I'd raise Cain and make them to come to you.

They need to get off their butts and do their job. After all, isn't service part of what you are paying for in those big ol' premiums?

You don't want your car sitting in a tow lot somewhere, waiting for them to get around to looking at it "when they have time".

You don't owe them a G Darn thing.

This is a disaster and they have disaster teams that get paid extra to work situations like this.

You, on the other hand, are the victim of this disaster and first and foremost, their customer, admittedly one of many, but still a customer....... And the customer comes first, right?

I agree !! Sounds like a very lazy adjuster. Make them come to you...
Good luck

Bryan

P.S.

Sending prayers every day to all who are affected by Mother Natures' unpredictable madness.

This kind of phenomenon just shows us for the umteenth time how vunerable, as humans, we truly are.

Ok the adjuster is going to call and make arrangements ill tell him/her to come look at where it sits. Thanks guys.
Also how is a buy back handled?

I think the buyback percentage has gone up. It used to be that you could buy your vehicle back for 25% of what they paid off on a total loss. So if they paid you $1000.00 , you bought it for $250.00 .

Bryan

Well, thanks to good friends, I just got a generator and some of my quality life back. We did Ok, no power, but no damage to my house or Turbo T. My Malibu suffered some damage while in a body shop being painted. This is how bad Staten Island, NY got hit:

photo1-20.jpg

photo2-20.jpg

photo3-6.jpg

photo4-5.jpg

photo5-3.jpg

photo2-27.jpg

photo1-27.jpg

photo3-11.jpg

photo4-6.jpg

photo5-6.jpg

photo1-29.jpg

photo2-28.jpg

photo5-10.jpg

Here are some Malibu pictures

photo2-30.jpg

photo1-30.jpg

photo3-19.jpg

photo4-15.jpg

photo5-11.jpg

photo1-31.jpg

photo2-31.jpg

photo3-22.jpg

photo4-17.jpg

photo5-12.jpg

photo2-34.jpg

photo1-33.jpg

photo3-23.jpg

photo2-32.jpg

photo3-23.jpg

photo4-18.jpg

photo5-13.jpg

What do you guys think? I checked the spark plugs, they are completely dry. No interior in the car. I don't think water reached the dashboard. How bad do you think the damage is? How can I tell?

Should I even bother making a claim to my insurance?

Desert life and 105 + temps for 5/6 months straight, year after year, doesn't seem so bad just right now........

Sending more prayers..........