Prepared for Hurricane Sandy here in Virginia

This was 3 hours ago.

imagejpeg_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2_2.jpg

Time for the stupid decision of the day. Since we are about a mile from Wawa, we are making a run for turkey bowls. Of course this means swing by the 'new' coastline to see how bad its getting. I know downtown OC is pretty much flooded, but im unsure how far inland it goes. Ill try to grab some pictures if possible.

Time for the stupid decision of the day. Since we are about a mile from Wawa, we are making a run for turkey bowls. Of course this means swing by the 'new' coastline to see how bad its getting. I know downtown OC is pretty much flooded, but im unsure how far inland it goes. Ill try to grab some pictures if possible.

No idea what anyone can do to help.
but ..... if there is anything I can do , (and I'm sure others too) please speak up,
keep all of us informed, we all wish everyone the best.
take care!!!!!

It's been cold and wet here. I live in a high level area but blocks away it gets flooded very easily. Pennsylvania should get a lot of fallen trees should not be anything too bad. Now New Jersey and Southern Delaware are getting hit pretty hard. After last year with Irene coming through I took care of a lot of issues my house had so no water leaking in this year. This is definitely something we dont deal with up here compared to you guys in Florida and Texas.

North Haven CT, drove home from the day job without any issues, some pretty strong gusts hitting at home right now. Still have power but probably not for much longer.

Hope everyone is safe and comes out fine when the storm is done. Power's gone here, river flowing through the back yard, but otherwise nothing to get excited about yet.

If you need to contact loved ones, remember that text messages should go through even when the cell towers are overloaded. Stay safe.

Assateague Island is completely closed off, power is out in just about half of ocean city. There's some trees down (unfortunatly blocking the only roads in and out of some places) but I didn't see any damage when we where out and about tonight. The Ocean and bay are really high though, to where there are semi-surfable waves in peoples yards.

There have been some reports of waves going completely over Assateague, but I couldn't even get close enough to see the island.

My Pontiac is gone, over 3 feet of water in my first floor, boilers and waters heaters are also under, father in- law's 08 Explorer is under. I am in for one hell of an uphill fight.

No power here in central nj. Thank god no flooding by me yet but lower manhattan is under water and without power as well

all is well for me that i know of. i did have a friend who said a tree hit her house though. it seems like the worst of it is over but who knows its still only 10 pm

TURBOPOWERED68 said:
My Pontiac is gone, over 3 feet of water in my first floor, boilers and waters heaters are also under, father in- law's 08 Explorer is under. I am in for one hell of an uphill fight.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it lets up soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

As of now it seems like southern Delmarva is in the clear, rain has stopped and winds have mostly died down. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys still dealing with the weather.

So far we have got 7-9 inches of snow in the mountains which is only about 10 miles from my house. They have already closed the road 441 going from TN over the mountains into NC.. Wishing all the best of luck in this mess of a storm..

As of now it seems like southern Delmarva is in the clear for the moment, rain has almost stopped and winds have mostly died down. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys still dealing with the rough weather.

It was nothing but 80 deg. blue skies and glassy ocean all day here in CA. I'm sending it your way . Stuff can be replaced. People can't. Hope everyone's safe. Prayers going out.

Mike Barnard

Getting sideswiped here in NC-OHIO all day. Sustained over 40 and getting gust's to 70 tonite. I feel for everybody in the Real Path!

This is already almost what makes it way up from Gulf Hurricane's and it's just starting. 5'-7' ers on Lake Erie aren't showing the wind's real force yet.
Looking for flooding and 15'+ waves by Wednesday. Should be the best waves since 74. I'll be sure to share pics, if I've got power to spare....

Hopefully the snow doesn't make it over the mountains to us. Looks like WV and S-PA are gonna get Hammered with a few Feet!:eek: