Prepared for Hurricane Sandy here in Virginia

Just hope you guys are safe when she hits. One other thing you need to keep an eye on is the basement Bruce. If it starts flooding then you may need to move the fuel. Just stay safe guys and if you loose contact we'll be watching for you to pop back up again.;)

If you haven't thought about it already, keep a flashlight and a loaded weapon on you as well. If you have pets make sure you have food for them as well. Good luck to all.

Bryan

Be safe all of you, including Bruce :confused::D.

Wife was to fly to Philly tomorrow AM for a meeting but they cancelled it........ Keep us posted on how you all are doing!

Ty

Should be interesting to see if this lives up the the hype. Brought in the flag, yard ornaments and cinched down the cover on my scooter.

Just north of Philly. Supposed to go right over us. Crazy. Spent all weekend getting ready. If its everything the weather people are saying we may not have electricity for a week!

Pete

Ill post some pics in the morning. My house is on the water but im toward the top of the street, the guy at the bottom about 4 houses down will definately get some flooding. The elevation on the street is pretty decent. His second floor would have to be flooded for me to get anything on my first floor. Generator has 10 gallons of fuel in it, I have an extra 5 gallons and all the cars are full. We have a ton of food and water and hopefully we dont have to use any of it. Shes all tucked away, hope for the best.

Attachments

• photo-11.JPG
    photo-11.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
Checking in from Ocean City MD, and just got back from a trek out to the shore line. Entire inlet parkinglot is underwater (probably 400 or 500 yards from where the tide should be right now), im willing to bet the boardwalk is starting to flood because of it, and all the boat ramps towards Assateague are about 3 inches from spilling into the parking lots. The house im staying at is about 1/4 of a milr from the mandatory evacuations. So I guess we'll see how bad it gets in the next few days, it's barely started so far.

How's it looking for everybody else?

Take Lots of pictures for insurance purposes.... and most importantly Be Safe!

Noon or so in Maryland. The wind has really started to pick up and the rain is coming down pretty good. Have food, water, lanterns, etc.. Schools are closed, govt is closed, my local gym closes in an hour, roads are pretty much deserted. Our ground area is now saturated and there will be trees down for sure. Thankfully, the last big storm knocked down the biggest tree on my property which I had removed so now *only* the neighbors trees can fall on my home and fence.. :(

Hope you guys stay safe, me being from Florida im kinda used to bad storms and hurricane's every year, i know you guys rarely see this kind of weather.. Be safe!! Make sure your insurance cover's hurricane and or flood damage lots of pics is your best bet.. Watch out for down power lines and puddles stay away from the metal fences. Always remember there could be an energized line a block away and puddles and chain link fences just carry the energized voltage... Dont let kids outa your sight!!

Another thing to becareful is some guys could possibly run a generator, thru there breaker panel to power there house well by doing this they backfeed the power line from weather head to transformer so a line you see down that doesn't look energized could be energized at any time watch out.

just about 2 oclock for me here on the border of monmouth and ocean county NJ.. roads are closed with flooding lot of wind and trees starting to go, my home from 4 months ago (queens/long island) is getting hammered good to :( Got food water truck full of fuel and plenty of rounds (of 357 and bourbon ;) ) so we'll just do the best we can
Be safe out there everyone all we can do now is pray.
-Rich

Rain and some gusts of wind here and there right now at nearly 2pm. Nothing to get excited about at this time but I don't think the storm is really here yet either

Just stay safe guys. I agree with the idea of taking as many pics as you can. Insurance may be a pain but if you've got pics of high and low water ect it may help with any claim you may have.;)