Precision 6776RE vs. 6776RS

dejacky

What are the pro's and con's of each turbo and how would you compare the performance between the PT6776RE and PT6776RS respectively?

I'm aware of the compressor housing size differences and I've read that thread. What I want to know is, how does the compressor size difference affect the performance of the turbo.

I'm aware of the compressor housing size differences and I've read that thread. What I want to know is, how does the compressor size difference affect the performance of the turbo.

I was told about 15hp up top.

if that's the case then it would be a bad idea to get the smaller housing unless the money for the 4" inlet and such would be a problem...

interesting :D

Oh, so you were thinking the bigger housing would cause more lag? No, spool-up has more to do with A/R ratio etc. The bigger housing will just allow the turbo to use a larger volume of air on the top end.

The only common issue with a 4" inlet turbo is that you will probably need an IAC angle plate to get the connector out of the way.

I really wasn't sure how that all worked out. It seems like the bigger housing has no downside performancewise. I am looking at 67 bb turbos for a Christmas present maybe, gotta tell the wife which one I need before long :eek:

I really wasn't sure how that all worked out. It seems like the bigger housing has no downside performancewise. I am looking at 67 bb turbos for a Christmas present maybe, gotta tell the wife which one I need before long :eek:

Wish my wife would get me something for my car. She says she will NEVER get me anything for my car. :(

Wish my wife would get me something for my car. She says she will NEVER get me anything for my car. :(

Ah mine is normally like that too. I took her to the ford buick shootout and showed her pacemkr's, disco stu's cars and some others and she saw how much I wanted my heap to pull the tires off the ground and take off like a black rocket :cool:

Yeah, who DOESN'T want a 67bb at this point. I've been drooling over them for weeks and just can't come up with the money to do it. Would have to do bigger injectors, probably bigger intercooler, updated chip, water/oil lines to install it properly... a lot more than just $1300 for the turbo. But I'm sure I'll give in eventually.

Did you know there's an even bigger housing? H cover, 4" inlet, 3" outlet. That's what I want!

At the top of this page is the "IAC Angle Boss" you will most likely need if you get the 4" inlet...

BOP Engineering Buick V6

I have the RH version, wish I could tell ya the difference in spool up ect compared to the RE/RS.
Basically when I was ordering it, the main thing is if you have a 4" intake tube to mate to the 4" inlet (I have a 3-1/2" maf pipe from previos turbo) and if you have 3" IC tubing to mate to the outlet for the RH version. Not that big of a deal making it work with adapters. I don't believe there is a price difference between the RS/RE/RH series. I would imagine to get the full effectivness of the RH, you would need a 4" inlet (MAF) pipe and 3" IC tubing, but again, I have nothing to compare it to. You will need an IAC angle boss to clear the 4" inlet tube.
Way I see it, why not go ahead and go big, gives ya more room to grow with it. I definately have no spool issues with the RH.
Just a side note, I had to port the internal WG hole to get the boost down, some have said they did not, but mine came with a 1" hole, my puck is 1-3/8" so there is quite a bit of material that needs to come out.

Thanks for your input everyone. I've decided on the dbb 6776RS assuming the S cover compressor will fit in my car (non-buick) :p

Yeah, who DOESN'T want a 67bb at this point. I've been drooling over them for weeks and just can't come up with the money to do it. Would have to do bigger injectors, probably bigger intercooler, updated chip, water/oil lines to install it properly... a lot more than just $1300 for the turbo. But I'm sure I'll give in eventually.

Did you know there's an even bigger housing? H cover, 4" inlet, 3" outlet. That's what I want!

At the top of this page is the "IAC Angle Boss" you will most likely need if you get the 4" inlet...

BOP Engineering Buick V6

I did not ned the IAC angle boss. I just put a 45 degree angle hose coupler and it worked great.

C'mon Turbo6 Chicago.....go mow some lawns, bag some groceries at the food store, deliver newspapers...theres something you can do for some extra $$$.:D Never mind...do like I did...put it on your cedit card.;)