PowerLogger installed, first impressions

DonnieShort

Who's Next?
First impression is this thing is freakin' awesome :D

Install was very, very easy and straight forward. Since I run the TPro with the EGT adapter, WB and 3 bar map, they all were real easy to install to the IO connector. With these hooked up you can watch and log WB AFR, boost/vacuum and EGT temps. Not to mention everything else that is displayed.

On the gauge screen is RPM and MPH as the larger gauges and 9 smaller gauges that include O2 volts, knock, spark, boost, TPS, injector pulse wideth with %, AFR, MAF and LV8.

The data screen shows everything you can imagine.
One thing I would like to note is you can datalog without the laptop hooked up. It has internal memory that will store 30 seconds of data for later viewing.

Eventhough this version is beta, it works great and I look forward to the finalized version. This thing rocks and will be well worth the wait.

One interesting thing to note for those like me who run the TPro. Since PL uses a USB port and TunerPro uses a serial port, you can run them both at the same time and datalog with them both at the same time. No that's awesome!!!!!

Attachments

• PL_GaugePage.jpg
    PL_GaugePage.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 430
I'm new to this so please forgive me

If I was going to get the power logger, do I still need to get a scanmaster.

Thanks

If I was going to get the power logger, do I still need to get a scanmaster.

Thanks

No you dont have to. The scanmaster can be hooked up to this and the scanmaster will run faster and will also be able to read your analog inputs. You dont have to have one to have the other though. The scanmaster is just nice to have for daily driving.

Jason

Ok

So I should still get the scanmaster. I thought the powerlogger was a new version of the scanmaster, but now I see that they work hand in hand.

Thanks, Jay

but by running transpro, and all the other electronics, scanmaster, egt adapter, wide band & 3 bar map, data logger etc., would'nt it be more cost effective just to go with a f.a.s.t set up? not to knock it, just a question.

So I should still get the scanmaster. I thought the powerlogger was a new version of the scanmaster, but now I see that they work hand in hand.

Thanks, Jay

Well lets put it this way, would you like to run a marathon carrying a laptop? 2nd-would you like to run a marathon blind? Thats where the scanmaster is good. You don't have to lug around a laptop but when the Mustang shows up in the next lane over, you arent running high boost without a knock gauge. Say the alky pump, or your boost spikes-bye bye motor. With the scanmaster you see knock and o2's in a little 1/2"x3" box.

Jason

but by running transpro, and all the other electronics, scanmaster, egt adapter, wide band & 3 bar map, data logger etc., would'nt it be more cost effective just to go with a f.a.s.t set up? not to knock it, just a question.

If you were starting from scratch and didn't have anything and you bought the TPro with all the gadgets you'd be looking at @ $1000 not counting the Scanmaster. And you can buy a piece at a time, and lets face it, Mike is such a great guy that if you bought all that stuff at one time he would probably help you out a little. But most guys have a scanmaster from either a prior purchase or was already with the car when the car was purchased. A FAST runs @ $2000 or so? And the biggest factor is not everyone can tune a FAST system. And moreover most guys will never need a FAST system. You don't have to have the TPro to use PowerLogger. PowerLogger is a super advanced scan tool that gives you the option of being able to monitor things with one program. There isn't a scan tool out there that can do what this does.

I assume you need a 3 bar map to use the boost sensing function?

No, you can select what MAP you have in the configuration screen from a pull down menu and the 2 bar is on there.

Here are a few screen shots from PL in action. Sorry for the watermarks at the bottom of the pics but I couldn't find a free image converter and didn't want to pay $30 for it, lol

If my numbers look a little funny, it's because the roads were wet today

You'll notice I'm running the TPro with Extender Pro chip, running full time open loop. In the data pic you can see the bottom 2 rows of the BLM's show the parameter values related to the Extender chip. Another thing of note, is notice the MAF and the MAP in the graph screen and how smoothly they move with each other along with the TPS. Usually that is really nothing to take notice of but where I'm running the TPro and in speed density ( aka - No MAF sensor ) the MAF signal is generated by the TPro. Pretty cool! The TPro is a super unit.

Attachments

• data view (Medium).jpg
    data view (Medium).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 297
  • gauge view (Medium).jpg
    gauge view (Medium).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 302
  • graph screen (Medium) (Custom).jpg
    graph screen (Medium) (Custom).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 292
That's amazing!!! Now I suppose I'll have to invest in a USB capable laptop. :mad:

google around for irfanview it is a good image viewer/converter (free too)

click in the graph with the mouse, or use the arrow keys

The slider slides the window thru the log, the window is 400 frames wide.
PgUp and PgDn (and Home and End) keys move the window thru the log

Bob

well my direct scan is on ebay now.. so as soon as the auction over . im ordering mine Power logger :biggrin: