Power Windows or Not?

DaveyX87

Thoughts on power windows vs. manual crank-ups on a Grand National? I'm thinking of buying an 87 with manual windows. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I'd prefer electric windows. I suppose I can always convert it.

I honestly believe you will regret not having power windows...Yes they weigh more, BUT having to lean across the car to roll down a window in order to chat up some hottie or to talk smack to some hopeless Mustang owner really knocks you down a level... Just a thought.

Putting power window in is not a big deal, so if the car is a steal, then buy it by all means.

Adrian

I'd definitely prefer power windows for all the benefits that ''karolko'' just listed above. but if you can get a good deal on a GN with manual windows it's still worth considering.;)

Claude.

Thoughts on power windows vs. manual crank-ups on a Grand National? I'm thinking of buying an 87 with manual windows. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I'd prefer electric windows. I suppose I can always convert it.

I have manual crank window on mine and it is not big deal. You avoid all the hassels when the power windows fail and they all do fail. My 2 cents. Brad

Thanks for the input. I suppose I could live with it for the right price. The trouble is I am already going 3k above my budget if I get the car. That really leaves no room for upgrades. I wonder what it would cost to convert? Oh the dilemma.

I have both. Actually prefer the manual windows. Power windows too slow unless you buy new assembly.

You should have seen my kids' faces when they got in a car without power windows. They didn't know how to roll them down. For me I prefer power windows. Conversion should be simple enough if its the right car. I would be more focused on that than the windows.

You ll hate life with power windows. It's quicker to lean over and roll it up/down. My last one took forever to go up now I have Manuel:)

I have a no power GN and I love it, don't even have rear defroster. I always have the t-tops off anyway so I don't know why I would want the windows up. Plus like they say it's not a far lean to crank the passenger side. It all comes down to personal preference, go test drive that GN and at a stop light/stop sign reach over and roll it down to see what it's like.

First of no hotties will be talking to you in a GN. I do agree that they are useful for taunting Mustang drivers though. Or for answering the barrage of questions and compliments you will get. I never was a fan of manual windows and unless my car had deep tint or was a 'drag car' I would not get/keep manual windows. 1960's or 70's manual windows wouldn't be out of place, but for 1987 it doesn't look right. JMO.