Power steering pump/issue question

I bought a new aluminum power steering pump from Scot @ GNS performance. It's a Detroit speed product as seen in this link.
I bled the steering as the instructions said, and as I have done many times before with multiple other vehicles.
No pressure assist.
Yes the reservoir has fluid in it, all lines have been checked, double checked, triple checked. And no leaks found.
My latest effort to test the system, I removed the supply line from the pump and put it into a catch can with reservoir full, started the car and nothing came out of the line.
Any suggestions?

Is there a chance the pump "rotation" is incorrect? And if so how would I know?

Hey Tim,

Was there any plugs in the pump ports that had to be removed before installation?

Very good possibility since our pumps rotate in reverse, and the DS pump could be a standard rotation pump.

Dave knows something. Maybe it is reversed. If you take the belt off you could prolly spin by hand. Crack the line and see if you get fluid.

I would think scot and/or DSE would know the pump they sell would be reverse of what is required to use on a GN.

pump

I've run into this twice, with new pumps once the new pump was bad once it was reversed in the the direction ours run,I now if I run across one I put in a bench vice put fluid in the reservoir line fitting and spin the pulley to make sure it works before I install.

probably a standard rotation pump- the application says "all G bodies". i think the 86-87 GN is the only oddball that has a reverse rotation pump..

probably a standard rotation pump- the application says "all G bodies". i think the 86-87 GN is the only oddball that has a reverse rotation pump..

Good point. "All G bodies" in this case isn't the same. Our pumps(86/87 T/R's) are the odd balls that rotate backwards.

Tim did you ever contact DSE and get a hold of Dan or Paul?

Scot W.
I called that day, but they were closed by the time I read your message. So I did the only next logical thing. I went on their website and clicked the contact us link. I then sent an email and have been going back and forth since. I can forward all the messages if you wish so you are up to date with what they said.
As you can see here, it appears the solution was found within about 5 minutes of me posting this. Gotta love this site.:D
It sounds like I have the wrong pump. I'll send you a PM shortly to see what's next.