Hydro Boost and power steering pump pressure.

The PSC reservoir has separate return fitting for the steering and the brakes. Otherwise you could modify the stock reservoir with a bulkhead fitting like Chuck mentions for a dedicated brake return.

Use a "Y" fitting for the return line, it keeps the low pressure restriction and cavitation (air bubbles in the resevoir)to a minimum. This simple solution will often solve noise and low pressure problems. Hard to find, but worth the trouble.
TIMINATOR

Use a "Y" fitting for the return line, it keeps the low pressure restriction and cavitation (air bubbles in the resevoir)to a minimum. This simple solution will often solve noise and low pressure problems. Hard to find, but worth the trouble.
TIMINATOR
hello: U have a p/n or where to find a Y? I saw plastic ones and ones for garden hoses. But I'll try that.
IBBY

I had my PS Pump rebuilt at Lee’s Power steering (1 week turnaround time) it’s been working great now for 5yrs. As for the T installed it to the return line back to the hydroboost unit. I made the line going back to the unit have the straight line. Then the T 90’s off to the stock reservoir. This has worked well for me. Also recommend an in line PS fluid cooler.

I had my PS Pump rebuilt at Lee’s Power steering (1 week turnaround time) it’s been working great now for 5yrs. As for the T installed it to the return line back to the hydroboost unit. I made the line going back to the unit have the straight line. Then the T 90’s off to the stock reservoir. This has worked well for me. Also recommend an in line PS fluid cooler.
X2 on the in line power steering cooler as the fluid temperatures get elevated with the HydroBoost system 👍

Here’s a pic of what I went with.
A DeRale frame mounted cooler with AN fittings . Hung it on the lower edge of the radiator support to ensure some air flow

Attachments

• IMG_0880.jpeg
    IMG_0880.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 56
hello people: I should of sent the pump for an upgrade but did not. I still might after this Y experiment. I did put a cooler and I knew it needed one as when I first started my 86T I grabbed the hoes and they got hot pretty quick. just more fun and games.
IBBY

hello youz guys: I finished up the window sweeps today and I also put the Y in there. Did it help with the whine? I'd say yes. The whine is still there but I do believe I can live with it. It's not as bad and I did not drive much with the Y but for 10 bucks a little hose and fluid I think it's worh it.
IBBY