Power Steering Pump from Summit Racing

You need to make sure it’s a reverse rotation pump for the 86/87 cars. Most the pumps now from parts stores or shipping from warehouses are not the right rotation even though they’re listed for an 86/87 GN.

I recently replaced one with a Lares pump from Rock Auto (part number was 12309 for the reverse rotation pump). It was reasonably priced at $135 especially for a brand new unit, not a rebuilt unit, and has performed great so far.

You need to make sure it’s a reverse rotation pump for the 86/87 cars. Most the pumps now from parts stores or shipping from warehouses are not the right rotation even though they’re listed for an 86/87 GN.

I recently replaced one with a Lares pump from Rock Auto (part number was 12309 for the reverse rotation pump). It was reasonably priced at $135 especially for a brand new unit, not a rebuilt unit, and has performed great so far.
Thanks for the information on the 86/87 Power Steering pump. Is it still working good for you. I converted to Hydro Boost breaks on my 87 and have a whine in my stock pump.

Better options? Sure. Turn One makes the best GM power steering pumps on the planet. I would hope you could get one of their upgraded units. I have one on a LS powerplant in one of my toys & find their pump builds to be 1st rate.

https://turnonesteering.com/products/power-steering-pumps/
Yes.

Send your core to Turn One and have them rebuild it with the upgrades. There are no other options worth pursuing now that the pump is no longer available at most parts stores.

Thanks for the information on the 86/87 Power Steering pump. Is it still working good for you. I converted to Hydro Boost breaks on my 87 and have a whine in my stock pump.
Yep, still works perfect. However, I can’t say how it will perform with a Hydroboost setup. I’ve heard even healthy stock pumps can have a whine after converting to a hydro setup. Lots a variables can play in that, I would suggest talking to some folks that have the hydro brake setup and see what worked for them.

I just got the aluminum rock auto special. I run 80% Lucas power steering stop leak and it seems to work fine.

Wow, your post about the power steering pump from Summit Racing has really caught my attention! I must say, you've come to the perfect place to get some amazing advice and recommendations. The Turbo Buick Forum is a fantastic community filled with passionate enthusiasts who are incredibly knowledgeable. After reading through the responses, one suggestion that stands out is Turn One. They're renowned for their top-notch GM power steering pumps, and many forum members have had great experiences with their upgraded units. I'm thrilled to be a part of this discussion, and I can't wait to see how your power steering pump upgrade turns out!

Wow, your post about the power steering pump from Summit Racing has really caught my attention! I must say, you've come to the perfect place to get some amazing advice and recommendations. The Turbo Buick Forum is a fantastic community filled with passionate enthusiasts who are incredibly knowledgeable. After reading through the responses, one suggestion that stands out is Turn One. They're renowned for their top-notch GM power steering pumps, and many forum members have had great experiences with their upgraded units. I'm thrilled to be a part of this discussion, and I can't wait to see how your power steering pump upgrade turns out!
Why is there an odd link to spam in your post? Gee….I…..wonder.

Oh Chuck... 🤔

@Chuck Leeper