Power Steering bleed with HB

Do you recall the part # for the fitting? I have the same MC. It must be OK to have the fitting installed at the bottom of the reservoir? I was thinking of placing the fitting above the fluid level in the reservoir

Do not install above the fluid level. That will aereate the fluid.
I used a Fragola #6 AN Bulkhead fitting w/ the long end cut off. I then used 2 nuts, and 2 nylon washers to seal the fitting. The washers are also from Fragola.
I also use a cleanable filter in the return line from both the HB, and the steer gear. They fit inline on a -6, or 3/8" line.

Chuck, thanks for the info, I'm going to add the extra return with the bulkhead fitting as you show, appreciate the post.

I did a hydro boost conversion using a newer booster from an astro van from the salvage yard. Bought a bracket from Eliot (uses the factory PM bracket), he also provided great info on removing the big nut to swap brackets and the threaded fitting to use after trimming the push rod. All of this was posted to his ebay add. Bought the MC and Hot Air lines from Kirban. Overall not too bad price wise and have a far better system than the PM or vacuum breaks. My pump is not too loud, but we will see after the additional return.

I did a vacuum conversion on my previous WE4, and will never do one again unless I was planning to do serious upgrades to all four corners at the same time. The hydroboost with the stock breaks is pretty damn good unless you plan on repeated hi speed breaking.

IMG_20160508_153900.jpg

IMG_20160508_153846.jpg

Do not install above the fluid level. That will aereate the fluid.
I used a Fragola #6 AN Bulkhead fitting w/ the long end cut off. I then used 2 nuts, and 2 nylon washers to seal the fitting. The washers are also from Fragola.
I also use a cleanable filter in the return line from both the HB, and the steer gear. They fit inline on a -6, or 3/8" line.
Chuck, are you saying that running the return line into the reservoir (eliminating the T fitting) will stop the whining of the pump or at least quiet it down?

Just my. 02 I couldn't get rid of the whine until I went to a new outlet, no matter how much I vacuum bled it

In my experience, a two month beating my head against the fenders......my issue with pump whine was all about to do with pump aeration. If you increase capacity of a res, or slow down the flow of the fluid to 2.1 GPM, it helps reduce the pump whine. I tried lucas oil, Dex6, cheap PS fluid, Expensive PS fluid, Redline, GM, nothing worked. Now, I moved to a PSC res with a built in filter.....nothing.....at all......

when the search function comes back up look at my profile where I have posted about steering whine. I also have a thread about how to mount a PSC steering res right in front of the MC, in a stock location with AN-6 lines. I covered steering circuit whine for weeks with Jim at hydratech till we were both blue in the face. I replaced pumps, lines, fluids, and almost replaced my HB unit... Hell Jim talked me out of it. I then thought long and hard about slowing the fluid down and how to keep it from cavitating. Any large res will work, it just so happens PSC has one that is built for HB units, fluid enters from bottom, and it has a filter incorporated inside as well. Not one bit, nothing as in noise in my circuit now. Brakes and steering are wonderful

I recently converted my car to hydro as well. And I plan on following Toby's PSC upgrade. Because the only wine I like is with a meal (and not in my car every time I turn the wheel)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here are some of my threads on this issue below. Search is working again!!

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/psc-remote-reservoir-mounting.436855/

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/p...one-dont-want-a-cardone-rebuild.436526/page-2

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/issues-with-hydroboost-spewing-oil-from-reservior.434764/

and here is where my dumbass had the lines for the HB feed and return switched around. That too causes one hell of a whine. ALL BECAUSE OF A RESERVOIR. LMAO! now, not then....

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/bad-brake-pedal-help-with-diagnosis-please.435404/page-2