Post pics of your hot air set up( under the hood pics)

Anyone that has Intercooled they're hot air set up please PM me if you are willing to help me with gathering a little bit of information before I proceed to begin my intercooling project

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Anyone that has Intercooled they're hot air set up please PM me if you are willing to help me with gathering a little bit of information before I proceed to begin my intercooling project

i have this is my under the hood.. all done over this past weekend. and running like a monster.
12.jpg

thanks rude dog. 0 lag. and its runs like a monster man... ported 87 intake dutt wiler neck on my intercooler. 42.5 injectors. ta 49 turbo... and again 0 lag...

My 85' nasty nash set up. Next is electric fan set up

Attachments

• 1384391135373.jpg
    1384391135373.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 465
Even without the intercooler, this setup is better than the stock configuration. Can route the piping around the coil packs to the throttle body. The pipe can be tapped for alky and NOS. Heck, both :). I have done two and I must admit, both cars moved with 0 lag. One car is still HA with alky and it is strong, the other car is intercooled with 15lbs boost. The owner is scared of it.... going from 9lbs of HA boost to 15lbs intercooled has made him scared :). Both owners are currently happy with their setups

Even without the intercooler, this setup is better than the stock configuration. Can route the piping around the coil packs to the throttle body. The pipe can be tapped for alky and NOS. Heck, both :). I have done two and I must admit, both cars moved with 0 lag. One car is still HA with alky and it is strong, the other car is intercooled with 15lbs boost. The owner is scared of it.... going from 9lbs of HA boost to 15lbs intercooled has made him scared :). Both owners are currently happy with their setups
Ow much boost you running with the HA ?

Ow much boost you running with the HA ?

It run on alky safetly around 17-18 lbs with no knock. Ironically hooking up a pillar mounted boost gauge showed 8.5 lbs from the factory. Picked up almost 1 1/2- 2 lbs just changing the intake and routing the TB to front of engine. We SLOWLY worked the alky up to 18lbs. I could have pushed past 20 lbs, but the owner got SCARED....

It run on alky safetly around 17-18 lbs with no knock. Ironically hooking up a pillar mounted boost gauge showed 8.5 lbs from the factory. Picked up almost 1 1/2- 2 lbs just changing the intake and routing the TB to front of engine. We SLOWLY worked the alky up to 18lbs. I could have pushed past 20 lbs, but the owner got SCARED....

That's a stock turbo?

Best advise I can give new owners is RESEARCH. First thing to research is YOUR CAR! Get it tuned up. It has to run right to perform. You will get the Purist flaming by asking how to tune a intercooled HA. It took me years, binders printed from TURBOBUICK, TURBOBUICKS, and GN/TTYPES.ORG and trial and error. No one is going to be able to tune your car better than you. I found out that ALOT of so call tuners were JOKES. Intercooled and HA are TOTALLY different animals. HA are picky heffers. One screw up and it is over. Intercooled is forgiving.

Your car is all yours... If you tear it up, FIX IT. The best lesson is one you learn from. I am the kind of guy to learn from others mistakes. You will find plenty in RESEARCH. Many of us have "MAGICAL PARTS". Trust me, the parts are NOT MAGICAL. Just another Worm Hole for money. We have a few vendors that still support HA. Support them! You will have to Modify intercooled parts to work. NO WAY AROUND IT :-(. The first piece will be the ECM. you will later find that some parts will be easier to adapt than others. If this is not to your liking, sell and buy a intercooled. The intercooled is a bigger headache.

I will leave you with this... If you can tune and make a HA run good numbers... You can make ANYTHING RUN LIKE A SCALDED DOG on steriods... It is your choice...

Funny how all the threads in this section end up discussing intercooling of some sort.....no matter what the thread title.... :rolleyes: