POS center caps

l3lue

What dark corner of China did these come from these things can't be OEM these are a POS anyway to fix this so they actually go on or should I just throw out?
80509af00e47177266ce7e1dacbf9394.jpg

lol the only fix is to buy the aluminum GN rims where they address that crappy problem. u wud hav thought GM wud hav thought of a better idea then them crappy tabs that are essentially useless

I agree the design is a pos but if it helps cut a few of those small pins off and stick a screw in there to help with the cap popping off. Other than they look oem and are a pain in the ass to put on withought original lug nuts.

Somebody bent the shit out of those pins or ripped the cap off while the lug nuts were in place.

Get some needle nose pliers and bent them back to the right shape. After the wheel is one and torqued put the cap in place and take a flat head screwdriver and one by one in a circle hit that metal flange to make sure each of the 5 is fully seated under the lug nut lip.

That's all it takes to keep those things in place forever.

Somebody bent the shit out of those pins or ripped the cap off while the lug nuts were in place.

Get some needle nose pliers and bent them back to the right shape. After the wheel is one and torqued put the cap in place and take a flat head screwdriver and one by one in a circle hit that metal flange to make sure each of the 5 is fully seated under the lug nut lip.

That's all it takes to keep those things in place forever.
Yea I'm not sure how someone bent this up this bad

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's pretty obvious that some idiot pulled them off with the lugs still in place.
GN caps can NEITHER be installed nor removed with all the lugs in place. It's best to install them with two lugs in place, hold it while installing the third lug opposite of the two.
Same procedure to remove. They will only come off comfortably when all but one or two lugs are removed.

Get a soldering gun and heat it up and press it on to those plastic tips making them mushroom out. This will keep that metal clip on the center cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then get a good cap and try and bend each little tab into a position matching a good one.

Here you can see how the tangs are shaped.

e0312ede75aa5ea2c76a7d851df7b499.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Bent tabs out and mushroomed out black pegs with soldering iron..was tightening lugs an whole black part popped off from ring .this sucks lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

kirban 2 cents worth does not appear your caps can be saved. the design by GM was you bolt your wheel on to your car then "pop" the cap on basically the side of the factory lug nuts secures the center cap in place. the lug nuts do not tighten up and secure the center cap. it is the sides of the lug nuts that hold the center cap in place.

one answer has been give second answer is purchase a set of the GNX style 16 by 8 wheels which are lighter and has a different center cap format.

Just some suggestions.....

unfortunately profanity doesn't bring any answers the method is dumb the way GM did it....not to mention you got 30lb boat anchors on each corner....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth does not appear your caps can be saved. the design by GM was you bolt your wheel on to your car then "pop" the cap on basically the side of the factory lug nuts secures the center cap in place. the lug nuts do not tighten up and secure the center cap. it is the sides of the lug nuts that hold the center cap in place.

one answer has been give second answer is purchase a set of the GNX style 16 by 8 wheels which are lighter and has a different center cap format.

Just some suggestions.....

unfortunately profanity doesn't bring any answers the method is dumb the way GM did it....not to mention you got 30lb boat anchors on each corner....

denniskirban@yahoo.com
I'm surprised you haven't marketed a fix for this. Or maybe a reproduction piece with some different fastening method?