polished alumium centerline wheels

turbo tom

Can anyone tell me the best way to clean and polish these wheels? I tried mothers and the power ball for hours and I still see white stains from wheel spray cleaner.Thanks for any info.

turbo tom

I have centerline wheels as well and did the same you have done... no luck... I am thinking that they put a clear coat on the wheels and once it gets dull.... K.O. not sure tho.... lets see what these guys say.

I use wheel acid... its sulfuric and hydrofluric acids deluted 4 to 1. I spray on lightly and wipe it with a cloth...sometimes rubbin it in a bit for tough spots. After its clean the surface will be dull, so i polish it up with a polishing compound...mothers etc. I know it sounds very aggressive but it seems to work on my centerlines just fine. you dont want to leave it on to long...anything over 30sec is to much. you can delute it 5 to 1 if you want aswell...its pretty strong stuff. I learned this from a paint and body guy that restores Shelby Mustangs. When I polish them, I dont use to high of a speed..medium speed seems to work best. When I did it..i tested it on the back side of the rim..off the car to make sure it would work...and it did just fine. I must say my rims were neglected for quite sometime before i bought the car...brake dust, tar, etc...all came off...and shined back up. ALLBRITE car care products is what i used.

You can also spray it on a rag and wipe..works well that way too....for a more controlled approach...just keep extra water handy!!

Wet sand them. Go from 1000 to 1500 to 2000 grit. Then polish them. I used the Mothers Billet polish. It seemed to work the best. Use the polish sparingly because the Billet stuff is about fifteen bucks a can. Mac Tools has a nice polish kit that fits in a drill. Has four pads in the kit(2 wool and 2 foam). This process is not for the impatient, but it will work.