PLX Wideband wiring ?

larry33kc

I am wiring up a PLX WIDEBAND setup for my PowerLogger and SD chip setup. Question is, is there +\- that I can hookup to on the pass. side. Or do I have to run them to the fuse box? Also which terminal on the PLX do I hook the wire to to go to the PowerLogger?

don't thinks there's power on the passenger side, on my TTA i plan to run power from the fuse block to a remoter terminal on the passenger side for wideband and other things.

don't thinks there's power on the passenger side, on my TTA i plan to run power from the fuse block to a remoter terminal on the passenger side for wideband and other things.

If you're going to do that, I would install a relay and get power directly from the battery. Internal voltage is only going to be as good as what the 30 year old ignition switch will pass (which isn't full voltage).

Power isn't as critical as a proper ground, as input voltage to the PLX controller is reduced and internally regulated. Ground is critical though. Get an engine ground into the cabin to use.

maybe this will help with your wiring question.

Attachments

• SM-AFRUsersGuide.pdf
    342.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Ok thanks guys. I will run a ground from the engine. So there is nothing to tap into for 12v's on the passenger side. The drivers side is pretty busy lol

There's 12V behind the radio. It's the yellow wire on the black plug. Constant hot is orange.