please give me your input on my combo

Liv4dnzz

this is what im running, of course with supporting mods.

.30 over
comp 206/206 ductile cam
girdle
941 valvesprings
je pistons
60# inj
pats 10 inch 3200 stall.
built 200r4 hardened shafts and drums
scanmaster 2.1

and purchased a te-45a from a member tonight

for those of you who dont know my situation

the slider got chewed into my engine and i didnt know how bad it was, so within the past 2 weeks from 3 years ago, i tore it all down, taking the oil pan out today, there was a minuscule amount of rubber maybe like a couple specs in the pickup screen, the slider itslef was intact minus about 30 percent of the rubber on the chain contact side, its all in the filter or just burnt up, i needed peace of mind and pulled the pan.

soo i get my gaskets tomorrow, front cover, water pump, oil pan, and a shit load of rtv,
turbo was blown from previous head gasket failure ate the bearings up, so the te45 is going in than its good to go

my goal with this car when its running

i want it to run without seeing boost yet well maybe a little just to hear it, and drive it to the closest vendor/shop to get it tuned, im thinking cottons, i am from north jersey,

my main concern is something going wrong during the tuning process

but i do have a couple questions

i have 2 turbo tweak chips, now will a local shop be able to reburn them or will i have to mail it in?

will my engine combo be overkill for 12-14 lbs of boost? because thats what i want.

and will my 60 lb injectors be good for a te 45 running 12-14 lbs?

thanks

Eric will need to reburn the chips. Why would you want to run such low boost and leave so much on the table? That is stock boost. You don't need all those mods.

im not trying to run crazy numbers, or go to the track every weekend, i want a solid street car with some peace of mind that its still way under its limit, i have no idea what kind of numbers it will put down, or estimate 1/4 mile on 14 lbs, any ideas what im looking at? i just want dont to push the envelope on this one,ill feel more comfortable giving a little go on low boost than me holding my breathe every time i floor it, ive been through way too much with this car, and really just want to enjoy driving it no matter how fast it is, just want my car back on the road.

I understand. I'm just guessing on a track pass but maybe high 12's on 14psi. If you want to just drive and enjoy the car who cares what it runs at the track. Get it running and just cruise.;)

12-14 pounds of boost is what that turbo will want for launch boost at the track, you will be way over turboed imo if you really want to run this low of boost, what do you have for heads--ported or stock and what do you have for innercooler?

With heads, alky/24-25psi that combo would really wake up. Low to mid 13's at 14psi. 11.0@24psi. Tune/traction limited.

im feeling it out, they are ported and polished in my sig, whats safe boost numbers for 60#? like i said, not going to be a track car, just pulls here and there on the highway or brake boosted take offs from stop lights, thats really it, i have no concern for lag, or anything associated with the track, of course i want it to be decently quick and pull when i want it to, while doing it with a safe tune not pushing it out of its limits, its a stock intercooler.

If I were you I would pick up a powerlogger - I just saw one for about 250 in the for sale section I believe. Then you can log IDC (injector duty cycle) and you will know exactly how far you can go with 60's. With alky you can go pretty far.

with out alky, just pump gas and 60 lb injectors whats the max boost i will be able to safely run?
im sorry for all these questions its really been a while since ive been back in the game here

ill look into that tomorrow, but it sounds like a good idea, so a shop will not be able to tune my car until i get a chip burnt for the boost i want to run and my current mods?

with out alky, just pump gas and 60 lb injectors whats the max boost i will be able to safely run?
im sorry for all these questions its really been a while since ive been back in the game here
Your scanmaster will tell you. Every car will have a different number. You just have to bump it up 1-2lb's until you get knock. Then back it down a couple for wiggle room. Generally the lower the timing the more boost you can run too. The track will tell you the right combo of both.

i can say this truthfully that i have ZERO idea how to tune these cars and what to look out for besides kr, or how to adjust and feel out how the car is running, whether it be lean or rich or about to blow up. i dont know what baseline to start at, im honestly scared shitless to blow the thing up, thats why i would rather bring it to some one who knows what theyre doing.

If you're new to the car a spring cleaning is always recommended - http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html. This will explain were most your numbers should be on the scanmaster - http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/basics.htm. If you get all your scanmaster numbers you can post them up and people will help. It is extremely smart on your part to leave her downtuned until you start learning about everything. You want her running perfect before you start to bump things up. If you are too lost ask for help in your sectional area....i.e. "midwest". You will be surprised how many people are willing to lend a helping hand. We all started somewhere, and it sounds like you are off to a good start. Many of us learned the hard way by blowing head gaskets, and snapping cranks :eek:.

been down that road, ive had the car for about 5 years, the car will be ready to go by next week hopefully, tune up/ spring cleaning is not thought twice about this car since it was sitting for 3 years, im not new to cars, everything to this is car done by me minus machine work, and internal assembly, im just new to tuning.

If you're new to the car a spring cleaning is always recommended - http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html. This will explain were most your numbers should be on the scanmaster - http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/basics.htm. If you get all your scanmaster numbers you can post them up and people will help. It is extremely smart on your part to leave her downtuned until you start learning about everything. You want her running perfect before you start to bump things up. If you are too lost ask for help in your sectional area....i.e. "midwest". You will be surprised how many people are willing to lend a helping hand. We all started somewhere, and it sounds like you are off to a good start. Many of us learned the hard way by blowing head gaskets, and snapping cranks :eek:.
This is 100% true, we all started somewhere and the buick guys are great with helping each other.

i plan on putting it all together and driving it straight to cottons, or if any one here is closer to nj than him, im down, i just want some one who knows what theyre doing, not risking doing this myself.

I would do what bison said. With the right tuning the 24 lbs of boost would be safe. You could easily run anywhere under that without ally and jus have the chips you want reburnt for let's say 18 lbs. Secondly, you are in clifton, so am i. If there are times you ever need a helping hand, give me a shout. I love working on cars and wouldn't turning a wrench or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Also there is Jim Dunn at Buick Turbo Performance in Secane, PA. About a 2-2.5hr drive. Gotta call him to set it up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

I run a 45a turbo and have gone 130.8 mph in the 1/4 mile at 3550 lbs with pump gas and alky. For a 3000 stall, and only going to run 14# boost, trade the 45a for a TE44 or equivalent. The TE44 is good for low 11's with more boost and either race gas or alky kit. I loved 3000 stall when I had stock heads and a TE44 on the street. You're going to run 14's at best at just 14 psi and pump gas, so match the converter to the cam/heads/turbo exhaust. The 60# injectors are good to 10's easily. Heck, I've run 48# injectors in the 10's at 127mph on race gas.