Player Assaults Fan

That's pretty jacked. I've never understood Nebraskans, anyway...then again, after getting my arse stomped as bad as they did, I would probably have the same disposition!:D

How do you know that player was from Nebraska? Just because he plays for Nebraska doesn't mean he's from there. He could just as easily be from your state. Even so, he did that on his own and I'm sure his team mates didn't appreciate the great publicity. There is no way to justify it. It was wrong, pure and simple.

Because, you mo-mo, he is currently living in Neb. and is currently playing for the Huskers..........even if it is only honorary- he's a damn Nebraskan.........don't get so touchy, I grew up not far from Neb. and I am even kind of fond of the western part of the state.

DCEPTCN, I wasn't being touchy. I just commented that guys like that can be found anywhere. I'm not aware of any state that bans people with poor judgement, hence your ability to live where ever you want.

Hey, We are proud of that A-hole.. NOT!

I think they should throw him off the team!:mad:

Originally posted by soonergn
I wasn't being touchy. I just commented that guys like that can be found anywhere. I'm not aware of any state that bans people with poor judgement, hence your ability to live where ever you want.

How true, how true. A very wise man once said: "It's too bad stupidity isn't painful..." Well, pulling something like that with a fan who paid admission to the game has so many liability complications it's dizzying......whatever it turns out to be, I'm sure his reprimandation will be quite forceful and....figuratively speaking-from behind!:D

Originally posted by soonergn
I was too subtle, wasn't I.
Not at all,good fellow- it's just that the hair-pulling, eye gouging fits that you would rouse are a waste of time...especially when it is all over your desire to start a support group for all those in Nebraska. Get snippy elsewhere.......
Oklahoma, OK!:D :D :D

You know, the problem with this as in many video clips, you don't see the whole story. If you watch, notice how the fan seemed to be in the face of the Nebraska player, and more than likely running his cheap trash like he has the right to blow off without being called on it. I can't say this is the case, but it seems like it to me. This is the problem with a lot of fans now days, they think they have the right to get that into the game. I wouldn't want to get in the face of one of those big corn fed boys and make an ass of myself. Might just end up with my ass on the ground like this dude. Like I said, I can't say, I wasn't there, but it sure looked like the goof was in the players face to me. Maybe his mom should have taught him that just because you can say something, doesn't mean you should. Either that or, be prepared to cash the checks your mouth writes.

All I have to say,,,, Mark:D :D :D

OK, I enhanced this video, re-ran and paused it. The stupid ass fan (who knows what state he is from) was totally running smack on this player, In this case stupidity was painful. The stupid person was the asshole that thought he could get by with taunting a player that just lose a game to a rival. I know the politically correct thing is to side with the fan. BS, first, the fan should of been congradulating his players, not to start crap with the opposing team. If this geek had any talent to allow him to speak at all, he would have been in uniform also. Just another case of some jerk couch potato thinking he is all that, and having to pay for his mouth. I think the player should have to miss a few games, but what is the punishment for the little baby that started the whole problem? Is he now a cult hero because he run his stupid mouth and had to pay for his stupidy with a punch? This attitude is so warped. The real victim him was the player being verbally assaulted be some little preppy with trashmouth. I think everyone here would have punched the dork. Either that or maybe they would be the one's running their mouths and thinking everyone has to take his crap? You open you mouth, be prepared for the results of your words. I say, ban the fans from the field if you are really upset by this.

apparently there is another vid running around that shows it from a different veiw and apparently fan was drunk and ready to hit him as well, as said above, be prepared to cash the checks your mouth or fist write.

I root for the Huskers as my cousin used to play for them. As a player you can't hit a fan - even a stupid one - unless you are first attacked.
Question: When the University of Nebraska played Penn State earlier this year, was it Penn State vs. state penn?

i'm sick of people crying about fans running on the field, i can see in pro sports but in college football its tradition to rip down the posts and storm the field. Because of a classless nebraska player (which doesn't suprize me) i'm sure they will have to put an end to it. Accidents happen and it should be left at that, don't abolish tradition because you are too weak and give in to conformity. The NCAA can go f-them selves, there's worse problems in college sports than fans getting rowdy and running on the field. Some of the best times i ever had in my life were storming the field after some Huge pitt panther wins. None stick out in my mind more then when they beat #19 miami in 1997 homecoming game on ESPN. I have the pileon in my room to always remember that. If you want to admit it or not fans are part of the game, without the fans sports are nothing.

I totally agree with you Cutty to a point. We had fans on the field after every game. Back then, they had the sense and class to not taunt the oppositions players. This kid deserved to get clocked, but the player should of restrained himself. You don't get in the face of anyone anywhere and expect not to get hit. This idiot did it because he figured he would be safe regardless. Oh well, his bad. As far as Nebraska being known for this, maybe so when Barry was there, but they are no different than any other team now days. By nature football is a violent game. You really expect these guys to be cordial to an idiot fan being up in their grille? I don't agree with the NCAA banning fans from the field, rather this should be handled as a fan error. If this was during a game, the fan would have been charged with unsportsman like conduct. Maybe he should have to apologize to the football player for being such a jerk, and then refuse to cash the lottery ticket he thinks he has now. Screw the puke, but don't punish everyone else. The guilty party walks with some more cash, and the innocents are punished. Sounds like modern American justice to me. Mark

taunting doesn't deserve a violent reply. So if i taunt barry bonds, i deserve to be beat up after the game??? I mean if you believe that football players are no better than a pit bull them maybe taunting will get you f ed up. I mean you shouldn't be thinking about hitting some college kid after a game, espeically when you are the PLACE KICK HOLDER. Its true you can be a sore winner in the case of the fan but that doesn't mean you should go lower than them after you just got beat on the field. I hope they put that football player in jail. But i guess when you hold the ball for field goals you gotta take your shots when you get them, especially if its a cheap shot.

Fans belong in the stands!!! End of story. WISCONSIN BEAT O.S.U, Burn a car --some people just act like idiots.:rolleyes: Some people think they have the right too:( Maybe it takes a few years in the real world before they figure that out.

Well Cutty, I guess the little a$$wipe should be allowed to go thru life without learning to keep his mouth under control. The education he will get from this if he has to be responsible for what he did will far outweigh anything he will gain in college. No, the player should of not hit him, but the major infraction is the little geek should not have been in his face provoking the player either. So you tell me, does the jerk deserve anything other than the valuable lesson he should learn from that day? I don't think so. Are we going to keep going around saying poor fan? If they can't act reasonably on the field, then they need to stay off it. Regardless of traditions, fans need to maintain a tradition of being reasonable. You stormed the field to congradulate your team, not screw with the opposition. I am a non violent person, but if I had been in that players shoes, I would have clocked the dork also. His team won that day, he didn't. He went down like a $2 hooker. Just like he should of, and will continue to because he is stupid beyond believe. Mark