PL won't connect...

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Have spent the entire day trying to get this thing to link.
I deleted and reloaded 3 times, Pm'd Bob and Dave. Tried their suggestions, no luck.
When I look at the device mgr, there is no indication that the usb port is active. My LT has 3. WIN XP.
According to what I read, the drivers are an "automatic install". per Bob's post:
"if you got the PL recently, then the drivers are built into windows. all you need to do is physically install the PL unit, and copy the PLC program files to your computer (I usually recommend making a PowerLogger folder in "My Documents" and putting everything there."

I've done this... No deal.
NE1 have an idea??

Oh ya, a good part of the day has been doing searches...

Mine tells me drivers not installed or corrupted I didn't have a problem with going from windows 7 to 8.1 but when I went to windows 10 this is what I get I did the same today all morning a.uninstalled twice reloaded and followed some instructions that I got from this site from nice fellows trying to help even reset my surficepro on unsigning drivers but no go . but my USB port is showing that is there but has that yellow flag I right clicks it and do the update driver and select it manually but tell me it cat fined it or its corrupted .

choose to let windows search "windows update" or the internet for the driver.

chuck, send me a email and we can walk thru getting your XP machine working.

Bob

I borrowed an old Compaq from a friend. It has XP on it. Loaded the disc, KOEO, plugged in the usb plug, WALA! I got a link, went thru the set up, and ran just fine. That confirms the PL install is GTG, and my wiring is correct.:cool:
I took some readings:
MAF 9.2G/S
Boost 3.2#
NB O2 .443
Inj 7.66 ms
Map 123KPA
Fuel psi 0.0
Alky psi 0.0

It's obvious that there are some "funky" readings. How's the best way to correct them?
Bottom line: Something FUBAR w/ my laptop.:grumpy:

made 1 last attempt! WALA, success. Seems as the "automatic" feature on the ports doesn't work... At least not here.:confused:
Was looking thru the hardware install on the control panel, and found that port 4 was shown. I unchecked the auto box, and used 4. It linked and works just fine.. My bad.. I didn't know that usb ports are not numbered according to how many are on the unit. Mine has 3, but 4 was what worked.
Made a log, and now have to figure out how to post it...:rolleyes:

Just upload the day file (log)

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Just upload the day file (log)

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]
Got it d/l'd and emailed to my PC. Will post from there.
Now have a MESS w/ the antivirus corrupting the LT..Spent an hr on the chat and fone...Still FUBAR.:rage:
Was told my LT op sys is too old to work w/ "modern" a/v programs.. XP. Works JUST FINE on the XP on the desktop!:rolleyes:
The "new" a/v they emailed me has also "STB", and is being uninstalled.
Time for a new unit!