PL on tablet

Cool! But I would be concerned about why the vacuum is so jumpy on the gauge display.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Cool! But I would be concerned about why the vacuum is so jumpy on the gauge display.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]
[emoji45] I know. That's the problem I've been chasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a cheap throwaway tablet off amazon for $99 shipped. Dual OS Win10 & Android. Got it today and working tonight.

View attachment 282734
CHUWI Hi8 8 inch Windows 10/Android 4.4 Dual Boot Tablet PC, with Features of Intel Quad Core, Full HD 1920*1200 IPS Screen, 2G RAM/32G ROM and Winkey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AN6BBKI/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_4.nzxbGW0SWXX

Man that's cheaper than buying new batteries for my dell laptop (that I planned on using)!

I do so wish there was a way to use an iPad with this! But, then again the chances of theft with a Windows device is probably much lower as well.

I hate windows and am looking into Linux now for all the machines on my office network. As I refuse to run the oh so invasive 10 on anything I own. A necessary evil here though I guess??

Man that's cheaper than buying new batteries for my dell laptop (that I planned on using)!

I do so wish there was a way to use an iPad with this! But, then again the chances of theft with a Windows device is probably much lower as well.

I hate windows and am looking into Linux now for all the machines on my office network. As I refuse to run the oh so invasive 10 on anything I own. A necessary evil here though I guess??

10 is very invasive. I took the time during the intitial start up to hit NO on every damn service it offers. It defaults YES to all of the "microphone on to listen to your commands for convenient start ups" and the "key trackers to provide convenient services catering to you" and "diagnostic sending" and the hated "we will suggest and block sites that you search to provide safer surfing" etc [emoji23]

Hate W10 but only using this for PL really. Fits real nice in the center console.

Any updates?

Well, I was able to record and save on the tablet from Best Buy. I really like its performance on start up. The last time I used a laptop was probably seven years ago with Windows XP (wife's).

I'll post a video again tonight.

I have been using the Acer with Windows 10 and working great, played around with the display settings to enlarge it a bit but end up losing the lower part of the display, still experimenting. Nice using the touch feature with the keyboard disconnected but wish the tabs on the PL display were a bit bigger.

take a pic of the screen and post it , i'll see if I can stretch the tabs a little

I just checked and the Acer isn’t on sale at this time. :(

I’ll wait

D

Here is the setup.
10" Tablet
Set screen resolution to 1050x1680

20160902_150947.jpg

Here's some pics of what I came up with. I moved the task bar over to the right side so I can see the whole screen. I have the resolution set at 1200 x 800. Orientation on Landscape and Change size of text, apps, etc slider over to 125%. Like how the whole screen appears but would be nice to have wider tabs on the left since my fat fingers find it hard to hit the right buttons in touch screen mode. Want to be able to use this without the keyboard attached.

Another thing I can't figure out without the keyboard attached is how to review the gauge and data pages. If I use the pop up keyboard on the screen it blocks out half the page. I can review the graph page without any problem since it has the slider with arrows on it right on that screen. Would it be possible to add that to the gauge and data pages as well?

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

I just ordered and Acer refurbished directly from Acer for $125 with guarantee and the micro usb to usb for $5

I had concerns with it being a refurb so I contacted My brother in law, who is a master at computers and such, and he said i’ll be fine.

When it comes in i’ll post how it goes.

D

What do you want to know?

Sorry! Are all the screen resolution issues resolved? Everyone still happy with it / find it a good solution??