Powerlogger - Windows 11

Dan SS2471

Currently running Powerlogger 1.4.0 under Windows XP. I bought the laptop 10 years ago as a refurb and it's time is coming to an end.

I just bought a Dell running Windows 11. I've read some of the Windows 10 threads but can't find any references here or otherwise to figure out if PL will work on 11?

Scanmaster is still running 2.1 but I believe a 2.2 chip is among the things the person I bought the car from has in one of the boxes in my garage.

Appreciate any info and apologize if my searching wasn't thorough.

Dan

To add a bit of information that's not really important, it's actually a Thinkpad as well. I bought it as a refurb for the 'family discount' price when I worked at IBM. I bought it specifically for logging when I bought my T in 2012 and shut it off when I sold the T in 2016. I dusted it off and fired it up to start using PL again in March when I bought the T back from the person I sold it to.

I've lost a few hard drives on work computers over the years and it's showing tell tale signs that it's ready to do the same.

Dan

New machine showed up today. Was able to install and configure PL 2.6.8 using Eric's instructions. There are some subtle changes in 11 vs 10 but it's pretty much the same install process. When installing the second driver, I had to exit PL and restart it for the installation to complete. I did a reflash @ PL052.s19 once the install was complete. Will do the SM 2.2 upgrade next.

New machine showed up today. Was able to install and configure PL 2.6.8 using Eric's instructions. There are some subtle changes in 11 vs 10 but it's pretty much the same install process. When installing the second driver, I had to exit PL and restart it for the installation to complete. I did a reflash @ PL052.s19 once the install was complete. Will do the SM 2.2 upgrade next.
That's the file I have installed on my PC and laptops. I select RUN...and then when Windows says Windows Protected Your PC...click on More Info at the top left...and then select Run Anyway...and it'll fire up.

That's good info and I obviously missed or just hit ok to the prompt when I initially started PL after downloading it before performing the documented steps for the drivers. Regardless of how I got to this point, I'm just glad to have a new machine that doesn't weigh 50 lbs (you get the point) and bad battery that requires it to be connected to an inverter in the car just to grab a quick log.