Philly guys step in.....

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
Just saw a show on Philidelphia Cheesesteaks....

Who is the best? Gino's or Pats?

On TV Pats looks the best...

Jim C step in!:D

I like geno's but if the line is long Il just go over to pat's. IMO there both good but I know of some places outside the city... that make them just as good if not better IMO.

Be assured if you eat at Pats or Ginos you will find yourself moving alot slower for the next couple hours...those things are like bricks!

Come down and we can go i'll buy then you can be you own judge of who's better I only go for the cheese fries anymore

i cant beleive there aloud to sell them things anymore.... friggin heart attack in a roll...dunno if id eat em past the age of 30...... luckily i got 7 more years

Since you've seen the show you have an idea of how to make them so get some steakums and try it. You just don't have the right rolls though. Any one of you guys wanna ship some hoggie rolls for a few guys? And yes Hoggie rolls taste better than subway by far.

Funny I find this post today I actually had one for lunch today! :D Geno's is the best hands down. I'm friends with the family. I do some PC work for them from time to time. But that's not the reason they are best. The reason Geno's is the best is because one major thing about the cheese steak is the bread. It's all about fresh bread. Both Geno's, Pat's, Tony Luke's, Jim's and many others use the same bakery for their bread Geno's is the ONLY one that gets 2 delivery's of bread a day. All the others get one load of bread a day. So your odds of getting a fresh steak with fresh bread from Geno's is much higher then any other! An that is a fact! :cool:

Ty remind me to tell you some secrets about Geno's, Pat's, and Jim's steaks when I see you in BG! :eek: ;)

Funny I find this post today I actually had one for lunch today! :D Geno's is the best hands down. I'm friends with the family. I do some PC work for them from time to time. But that's not the reason they are best. The reason Geno's is the best is because one major thing about the cheese steak is the bread. It's all about fresh bread. Both Geno's, Pat's, Tony Luke's, Jim's and many others use the same bakery for their bread Geno's is the ONLY one that gets 2 delivery's of bread a day. All the others get one load of bread a day. So your odds of getting a fresh steak with fresh bread from Geno's is much higher then any other! An that is a fact! :cool:

Ty remind me to tell you some secrets about Geno's, Pat's, and Jim's steaks when I see you in BG! :eek: ;)

I cannot wait to hear this:eek: Bring me a cheesesteak to BG!:biggrin:

Ok, now I'm JEALIOUS!!!!!! Bastard.:mad: We may have briscut but I'd really like to find a good cheesesteak down here.

Every time I go out to eat and I see "Philly Cheese Steak" on the menu - and it comes out with real cheese on it.....I giggle to myself a little.

I still prefer provalone but if you add some green pepers "you must be a health nut". LOL Thanks for the link Philly. Carlo, you must have grown up there as well. Steakum is close but not quite the same.

I still prefer provalone but if you add some green pepers "you must be a health nut". LOL Thanks for the link Philly. Carlo, you must have grown up there as well. Steakum is close but not quite the same.

Born in CT (lived there 92-2000)- raised in Texas, but I traveled to Philly a lot to help a friend take care of his mom. Been to Geno's and Pats. There was another place we went to one on Market St. Cant remember the name, a little deli - those were fair to midland. Geno's get's my vote.

The best cheese in my book on one is that sharp provolone. It's like crumbled up. OMG I think I may go get one on the way into work today now! lol

ive only had jims and thought it was excellent.
will have to try genos next time down there.

Jim's is a little on the greasy side for a comparison I think. I've been to Jim's several times in the NE and South Street and it just seemed a little greasy and I wasn't happy with the roll.

Born in CT (lived there 92-2000)- raised in Texas, but I traveled to Philly a lot to help a friend take care of his mom. Been to Geno's and Pats. There was another place we went to one on Market St. Cant remember the name, a little deli - those were fair to midland. Geno's get's my vote.

Was the place on Market called Campo's? I know them too :p There is also a place up the street from Campos' called Sonny's famous steaks that I've been to a few times. If there is a place in this city that sells a good steak chances are I've been there already! :)

I had a friend from Canada come down and stay for a few weeks several years ago. He said take me to one of these awesome steak places I hear about. So I took him to Geno's. One bite and he was sold. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner all he wanted was Genos'! lol I think he took a few back with him. He said he has never been able to find a steak place in Canada anywhere that compared to Geno's.