Pesky gasket leaks...what is a good gasket??

87LtdT

Cork, rubber, steel embossed w/rubber, or ???

I have a welded alumunim sheet metal deep sump trans pan. When initally installed I found some seeping thru the welds. Had a guy reweld to try to seal...I may be again experiencing this instead of a gasket leak.

Is there a sealant, Right Stuff for example, that I could smear into the interior joints that would hold up when exposed to very hot trans fluid?? Speaking of hot...does anyone know the temperatures the trans fluid reach??

Thanks, Bob

Cork, rubber, steel embossed w/rubber, or ???

I have a welded alumunim sheet metal deep sump trans pan. When initally installed I found some seeping thru the welds. Had a guy reweld to try to seal...I may be again experiencing this instead of a gasket leak.

Is there a sealant, Right Stuff for example, that I could smear into the interior joints that would hold up when exposed to very hot trans fluid?? Speaking of hot...does anyone know the temperatures the trans fluid reach??

Thanks, Bob

Personally i would contact your transmission builder and see what he recommends,he may even have or know of a deep sump pan that won't give you any leak issues.

Putting something on the inside of the pan to stop a leak could cause some real problems if it came off.

Just my .02 for what it's worth.