Percision turbo question

DDot690

I am changing a few things on my car and have come to the turbo. I have a CPT65 on it now and thinking about changing to a Percision 6262 or 6265 turbo. What I would like to know is would it be worth while to go to either of these turbos in place of the CPT65. I like how quickly the cpt65 spools up. I'm just testing the waters for something better since I see alot of positive talk about the 6262 turbo. Thanks

IMHO..... no.

A 65 turbo should easily be a 10 sec capable turbo. The 62 mm is in the same power class....... you'd definately be spending $$ and not gaining much.

If you are outgrowing your 65...... you need to tell us what your real goals are..... and your combo...... and how much boost you want to tun..... gas/alky etc...... then maybe someone can give you a recommendation of what to go to if your heart and pocketbook are leaning toward a turbo upgrade....

Thanks, I am happy with the CPT65BB and I don't think I have pushed it as far as it will go. I was adding Alky and changing the intercooler and thought I would ask about the turbo. The motor in the car is mildly modified billet caps, ported iron heads and intake, 60 injectors, atr down pipe 3.5in and atr exhaust, atr double pumper fuel pump, vigilanty converter and has a cam that is a size or two bigger than stock one. The last owner had the bottom end of motor, heads and cam did. I would like to see Mid to low 11's and be able to drive anywhere.

Sounds like money would be better spent having it properly tuned rather than change turbos.