Pandoras Box/ Removing Bondo/ Rust Repair...

only a quarter of the pics are loading cant see them all. if you have rust issue at the bottom of the door drill 3 holes with a 3/8 drill bit under the door, I had the same issue because water was sitting at the bottom. now its solved.
Hmm they're all loading for me, but just today I primed the passenger side of the car

I don't know why then again my comp is old and slow.. when making the holes you don't see it cuz its from the inside and will def save you from future rust problems

Now the entire car body is primed other than the roof!

Soon I can bolt the doors back on and see how everything lines up.

Looks good. I don't have the patience or skill to do body work. Keep up the good work!

looking good. been there done that got the t-shirt. In the middle of one now. Its tedious dirty work but if you can do it right it can save you a ton of money and from my experience a car owner often does better work than a hired hand rushing through a job. More time for attention to detail. My first garage restoration and repaint was quite a bit better than the previous repaint done by a local bodyshop. yes , I made mistakes and had to redo a part or two along the way to get it just right but in the end it was worth it.

Im doing final sand, but thinking of painting the car crystal red tintcoat, its on a lot of gm vehicles, corvette anands camaro.

attachment.php

Are you planning on spraying the basecoat version or the tricoat version? Originally this was a candy apple 3 stage paint. There are formulas of it in basecoat version. The tricoat looks better but is more difficult for an inexperienced painter.

Are you planning on spraying the basecoat version or the tricoat version? Originally this was a candy apple 3 stage paint. There are formulas of it in basecoat version. The tricoat looks better but is more difficult for an inexperienced painter.

When i googled the paint code a read a thread on one of the corvette forums with someone stating in the factory they spray it as a base coat clear coat. The clear is tinted which causes the effect?

So is thata hard type of paint to paint. Im a beginner but it should be base coat clear coat.

Its half way down this page of the thread

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-red-tintcoat-vs-crystal-red-metallic-2.html

Last edited:
Yes the midcoat is tinted clear but then you will spray regular clear over that. PPG does have a basecoat version that is just base and clear. This looks very close to the tricoat version. Tricoat has a little more pop visually but is not easy to spray and match for a beginner.

Yes the midcoat is tinted clear but then you will spray regular clear over that. PPG does have a basecoat version that is just base and clear. This looks very close to the tricoat version. Tricoat has a little more pop visually but is not easy to spray and match for a beginner.
I havent had any luck seeing a vette or camaro in person in crystal red tintcoat. Originally i was going to paint the car its original color which is black.

If i were to sell the car in the future, it would probably be easier to sell it if it were black, i feel like every car looks better in black.

Im still not sure what color to go with though.

3 coats today on my mirrors, bumperettes, and header panel.

Got a little dust in it, i hope it will buff out.