Paint job question. Why strip?

TurboDetroit

Got a GN, lookin for a decent paint job. Car has two minor rust spots, one in the trunk where rain water collects (typical on g-body's that I see) and one on the bottom on the inside of the door. No MAJOR body work, i do want to shave the inpact strips from bumpers and shave the antenna though. My question is, why does everyone want to strip the car completely raw? I'm not lookin for a riddler award at autorama, I drive the hell out of my cars, every weekend. I would think 5k should cover a pretty nice job.

Nothing sticks to Laquer. If you feather out chips, they will ring up. Lacquer is an air dry product. It never cures, it dries out, which on average takes 21 years, that is when it checks. Laquer molecules are always moving. It will cause dieback, rings, pinch up, sand scratch swelling. Not a good substrate. Pay the $ you will be happier.

The finish is only as good as what's below it.......but man I use to love a good lacquer paint job....let it set and pull scratches ,sand buff look like glass.for a while.
Forcefed said all you need to know.

Ive seen your work on here. You do very nice work. Im waiting on my other car to sell so i have the coin to do so. A lot of interest but no buyers :(.... what is the estimated turn around of one of your jobs?
Every car is different, but on the safe side it's aound 3-4 months. There is a saying....Price, time and quality....you can pick two. I only work in the shop 2 days a week and i put in around 250 man hours on a strip and paint. I give a fair price and i don't skip important steps in order for it to last years to come. Send me some pictures of the Monte i might be interested in working some kind of deal. Include as much detail as you can about the car and lets see if we can't make something happen.
tonysturbo@yahoo.com

I HIGHLY recommend OnefastGN (Tony) for painting a car. He's a true Buick guy.. and we alll know..You want a Buick Guy working/painting on your Buick. 1st classs workmanship.

buick1_zpsf3470bb7.jpg

buick2_zpsdcdb37bb.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Curt. I haven't forgotten about getting you all the extra picture of the car. I have just been busy working on the honey due list and spending time with the family. Lots of birthday's and family get togethers latley.....And I've been driving my new beast...man she flies, scared the crap out of myself this afternoon when she let loose around 70 under full boost:eek: My buddy told me to slow the f**k down...I wish i could have seen the look on his face when we took off and then it started to haze the tires around 70mph, but i was to busy bring it back into my lane...fun stuff.