Complete strip and paint for $4000.00

homemade paint booth

the shop looks great. only thing is if you get caught painting for money and its not your project the EPA and OSHA can slam you with some big fines. unless your painting for yourself or only painting 2 hired jobs a year.

... indeed

24 years in a shop? ummm, sorry to be the "mean" guy here, but if it looks like that in the pics, I can only imagaine...what do you expect people to say...

Probably should have posted the after pics, not the before...and probably in your own thread,just sayin. You have alot of work ahead of you. Most of which could have been prevented. ;)

yes just as YOU said... YOU can only imagine!!!

I think you and your Dad can sand the dust and peel out in one day. It's hard to get a good paint job in a small dirty shop filled with tools and crap. Two guys can sand that orange peel flat in 1 day, next day buff, machine polish then hand polish to a show shine.

If it took me 40 hours to wet sand and buff a car. I would quit the body bussiness.
Of what I can see in pic's the shop conditions suck. I'm sure with a spray booth or a clean empty garage. You guys would have done better. Good Luck.........

Post pictures after wet sand buff.

I just found this picture of this GTO on one of your post. Did you guys do the body and paint work in that garage. This car looks AWSOME nice job........

Attachments

• DSCF0108.jpg
    DSCF0108.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 302
thanks sma7234 yup all sanded today with about 33 hrs left to kill out of that 40hr estimate!lol WILL post pics tomorrow after buffing yea thanks the gto is all done now.Yes all done in that garage complete frame off every nut and bolt restoration from start to finish thanks ill start a new thread tomorrow...dont want to be a threadjacker!!!

That GTO restoration was some job. That car was way beyond anything I would take on because to me, it's just too much work. I moved away from all that rust. :D But no doubt, it turned out awesome. An awesome job! ;)

orange peel for ya!!! ha ha ha

here ya go....... not bad for a MACCO job HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! you can only imagine!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0276.jpg
    DSCF0276.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF0289.jpg
    DSCF0289.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCF0295.jpg
    DSCF0295.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 292

last one :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCF0280.jpg
    DSCF0280.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 265
ok...I was trying to be somewhat nice, I should have clarified the "imagine" comment, I KNOW how it looks. but since you keep bringing it up.. I do this stuff every day at a dealership, I also paint my fair share of stuff in my garage. I also know what kind of stuff a camera fails to capture in a photo of paint..and if it's visible in pictures, I KNOW what it looks like.

Still not sure why you would be proud of posting those pics, the amount of "orange" peel is pretty excessive, especially on a hood/or horizontal surface. Dirt is gona happen anywhere, no big deal. just the point that you removed a good amount of material to make it Flat...

what kind of clear did you use?? how many coats? just curious man, a slower hardner would have done wonders for that job. It looks good now, just alot more work than you needed to do, still got some swirls to polish out it looks like. I wont argue that any good paint job will need to be wet sanded and buffed.

Your car looks good!!

Car looks good.

Guys, no offense here but what does all of this back and forth have to do with Tony's thread?

Tony is a great guy and offered to do a nice quality paint job for anyone that is interested. He does very high quality work and i can vouch for him. I will be sending him a car in the next few months because I know the quality of work he turns out.

I current have two cars being painted. Here's something to think about for those trying to decide which route they want to go when it comes to getting their car painted.

My 84 has been in paint shop prison for 7 months now. It was supposed to take the guy 3 weeks. He keeps trying to get more and more money out of me after we had already agreed on a price. He has since returned the materials that I bought for the car ($600) and wanted me to buy them again. I did re-buy the material becuase there was extra work in the car that he didnt realize when first telling me a price. I agreed. Now after I've rebought the material 3 months ago, the guy wont do the work. I paid him in full already and he could care less to finish the job. NEVER PAY A PAINTER IN FULL!!!!!! Now the guy wants another $400 just to spray, wet sand and buff the car. This is a pain in my a$$.

Another car we are building for my little brother (frame off WE4) is being painted. We had the bodywork done and sent it a shop to be sprayed. The painter went through the clear and base color into the primer on about 10 corners. I dont know what the heck he was thinking as this is a stupid mistake. So he had to re-spray the car. Guess what, he went through again! SO now my brothers prom is in two weeks and we still dont have a car. It needs to be sprayed again. Problem is now there's way too much material on the car so it needs to be sanding back down. Another pain in my a$$.

I had another car painted in the past and the damn painter stole my rust free doors after taking forever.

Another car that was painted ended up in paint shop prison and i had to call the cops to get it out. Tony and I actually wet sanded and buffed this car in my garage to get it done.

My point is......most of the time painters can give you a hell of a time and can be a nightmare to deal with unless you take it to a high dollar shop that will bang it out becuase their business depends on it. They dont want bad press. Tony is offering a fare price for an excellent job and is a guy that you can trust. He's one of my best friends and I've known him for a long time now. Trusting your painter is a good thing and will save a lot of hassle. I wish TOny still lived close to me so I could just bring my cars to him to do. Unfortuantely I chose to use local people and now i'm suffering becuase of it. With Tony, you will have no worries.

Car looks good.

Guys, no offense here but what does all of this back and forth have to do with Tony's thread?

Tony is a great guy and offered to do a nice quality paint job for anyone that is interested. He does very high quality work and i can vouch for him. I will be sending him a car in the next few months because I know the quality of work he turns out.

I current have two cars being painted. Here's something to think about for those trying to decide which route they want to go when it comes to getting their car painted.

My 84 has been in paint shop prison for 7 months now. It was supposed to take the guy 3 weeks. He keeps trying to get more and more money out of me after we had already agreed on a price. He has since returned the materials that I bought for the car ($600) and wanted me to buy them again. I did re-buy the material becuase there was extra work in the car that he didnt realize when first telling me a price. I agreed. Now after I've rebought the material 3 months ago, the guy wont do the work. I paid him in full already and he could care less to finish the job. NEVER PAY A PAINTER IN FULL!!!!!! Now the guy wants another $400 just to spray, wet sand and buff the car. This is a pain in my a$$.

Another car we are building for my little brother (frame off WE4) is being painted. We had the bodywork done and sent it a shop to be sprayed. The painter went through the clear and base color into the primer on about 10 corners. I dont know what the heck he was thinking as this is a stupid mistake. So he had to re-spray the car. Guess what, he went through again! SO now my brothers prom is in two weeks and we still dont have a car. It needs to be sprayed again. Problem is now there's way too much material on the car so it needs to be sanding back down. Another pain in my a$$.

I had another car painted in the past and the damn painter stole my rust free doors after taking forever.

Another car that was painted ended up in paint shop prison and i had to call the cops to get it out. Tony and I actually wet sanded and buffed this car in my garage to get it done.

My point is......most of the time painters can give you a hell of a time and can be a nightmare to deal with unless you take it to a high dollar shop that will bang it out becuase their business depends on it. They dont want bad press. Tony is offering a fare price for an excellent job and is a guy that you can trust. He's one of my best friends and I've known him for a long time now. Trusting your painter is a good thing and will save a lot of hassle. I wish TOny still lived close to me so I could just bring my cars to him to do. Unfortuantely I chose to use local people and now i'm suffering becuase of it. With Tony, you will have no worries.

you are 100% correct, sorry this got off topic of the original thread, I just wanted to state my opinion, to another poster in this thread. I'm done here. At least Tony got his thread at the top, :)

The body business is a rough business, alot of shady guys out there, that will take your money and not think twice about it. jdpolzin sorry to hear about your bad experiences, there is no excuse for that....word of mouth is the best advertising........

Car looks good.

Thanks Jemery,
I must not be getting my e-mail's. I didn't see all the posts. No thing but a chicken wing for me. You get what you pay for. I would say his Buick looks alot better. I just don't have the time to play games and bash other people on the board. If i was a child again i just might give it a go, but I've got to much going on to play games. This trend has gotten off track so this will be my last post. I will maybe start another one later. Take care all!;)