Complete strip and paint for $4000.00

onefastgn

For only a short time will i offer this deal. My side shop will soon be complete and I would like to get my name and work back out there for the Buick seen. This is going to be a special deal for the first couple of jobs only. I do not use cheap materials nor do i cut corners to save a buck. I would normal charge $6000.00 plus for a complete strip and paint, but for a short time i will do a couple of jobs for $4000.00 for a basic strip and paint in Base coat clear coat. I like PPG but i can use Dupont if thats what you like. I alway use the same brand product under the base paint in case there is a problem down the line. I have been painting for the last 20 years doing cars and corporate jet aircraft for Duncan Aviation here in Battle Creek MI. I'm very picky when it comes to detail. My work speaks for itself. Here is a list of some of the basics you would receive in the $4000.00 dollar price.
1) Remove all paint down to bare metal exterior only not jams.
2) Remove all trim around windows except Quartor windows. If you want them out you can have them removed your self or i can do it for an up charge.
3) Remove door handle locks, deck lid lock and antenna base.
4) Remove mirrors and spoiler on deck lid
5) Remove all light assembly ( Marker lights,tail lights, headlights ect.)
6) Complete body work as needed.
7) Apply a coat of epoxy primer followed by a high build primer.
8) Hand block primer and reprime where needed.
9) Prep and apply top coat that you like.
10) Apply three coats of clear coat.
11) Wet sand and polish to a show finish.
12) Re-assembly
Additional work would be at a time and material bases @$40.00 per hour. ( Rust repair and removing additional parts ect )
I would need the car for a minimum of 2 month. I have painted a car for Jermey here on the board awhile back, maybe he will chime in and give some feedback on my quality of work. If you have any question please feel free to ask. I'm sure there is more but this will lay out the basics to the paint job. Here is some pictures of the shop, It's not 100% complete but will be done before Thanksgiving.
Thanks Tony
Location is Battle Creek MI

Attachments

• DSCN2274.jpg
    DSCN2274.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,371
  • DSCN2275.jpg
    DSCN2275.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,374
  • DSCN2152.jpg
    DSCN2152.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,382
If anybody is interested, I can vouch for Tony. He's one of my best friends and will always take care of people. You cant go wrong with Tony! ----jeremy

Here is a couple shots of my Turbo-T I painted 10 years ago. Still looks good but I'm thinking i will be painting it again next year.

Attachments

• DSCN1071.JPG
    DSCN1071.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 1,329
  • DSCN1055.JPG
    DSCN1055.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,328
Interested

Wow, I have been looking for a paint job. I will send you a pm tomorrow. I am very interested. I am a networking fool and I always show off my car so this may work out real well for the both of us.

Thanks, I will talk to you soon,

Busyman :cool:

paint

I also paint cars but in mass ,and thats a great price i couldnt do that for that price i use ppg and materials alone would be around 2000 dollars.

great price:D

H'mmm Michigan? Jeremy says your good I trust him.
Maybe you can have it for the winter??
I just dont like painting in winter months unless it stays inside for the complete job & cure time.
Sounds interesting as mine just has some very small stone chips on Thick Enamel done many years ago by me & I'm not a pro with cars but can spray anything in a rented booth! ;)
Definately something to consider??

Just let me know because I'm talking to someone for the first slot right after Thanksgiving. I would like to put a car in there by December 1st. If someone else is more serious then i would let the first person make a commitment sooner. The shop will be pretty close to being complete this weekend. It would only be fair to give him first chance to pass being he PM me first. Thanks

I also paint cars but in mass ,and thats a great price i couldnt do that for that price i use ppg and materials alone would be around 2000 dollars.

I get a sweet deal on PPG we spend a ton of $$ with them on paint a year, and that's only for a select group of aircraft we paint, The rest of the core aircraft we paint in Jet Glo express H/S. But yes i do understand the cost has went up a ton over the years, Thats why we changed over to H/S. I also get a huge break on materials being we go through 30 plus rolls a day of 3M sand paper and tape like you wouldn't believe. The numbers are unbelievable what we go through with 60 plus employee sanding on one aircraft all at the same time. I wish i had the money we spend for just one month in materials. Maybe thats why we charge $225,000 for a Falcon 7X paint job. Well thats the only reason i could do this for a couple of jobs, other wise i would charge around $6K plus for the same job. Thanks:)

2,000?wow are you buying double everything?or theyre vibrance line?

paint and materials

from paint to primer dp90 gallon $250,dcu271 primer $260.gallon,deltron base black $175.gallon,deltron 2002 clear $320 gallon.this is with act.reducer,and thinners.this is not including filler putty or sandpaper ect.You get what you pay for i use one of the best products out there and nobodys car has ever came back to be fixed.My 69 ss has been painted for 23 years and looks like the day i painted it.If anyone has any ? please feel free to call me 7749304156.

thanx joe

from paint to primer dp90 gallon $250,dcu271 primer $260.gallon,deltron base black $175.gallon,deltron 2002 clear $320 gallon.this is with act.reducer,and thinners.this is not including filler putty or sandpaper ect.You get what you pay for i use one of the best products out there and nobodys car has ever came back to be fixed.My 69 ss has been painted for 23 years and looks like the day i painted it.If anyone has any ? please feel free to call me 7749304156.

thanx joe
no questions,just didnt see materials being 2,000.im a painter that paints all day everyday,collision and restoration.ppg is very good.as i am a certified gold ppg painter and our shop usees there product.2qts of dbc base makes a gallon,epoxy should be able to be bought in a quart,as it is used to protect the bare metal,no need for a gallon.as painters we know how much of each product to buy according to the job..i bet your car looks great.

Bottom line guys the economy is still rough and I'm not trying to make a ton of money painting cars again, I'm just trying to help out other fellow Buick guys, Thats why only want $4000.00 for the job. Hell if it turns out that i make some extra cash with my spare time and someone benefits from it then its worth it to me. I bet alot of guys would like to make $20.00 per hour, thats alot more then most people get paid at there full time job. I have priced out the complete job and with paint ,primer, sand paper, ect and i can promise you there is money to be made still at $4000.00. You may not get $40.00- $60.00 per hour for your labor, but you will be in the $20's for sure unless you are a slow worker...and that i am not. I can have the complete car sanded down to bare metal in 8-10 hours i have done it many of times. I'm not your typical bodyman, the work i do on a daily bases makes you more efficient then the average joe. This is just a hobbie for me and figured what the hell, why not make some new friends along the way. Thanks:)

Materals

no questions,just didnt see materials being 2,000.im a painter that paints all day everyday,collision and restoration.ppg is very good.as i am a certified gold ppg painter and our shop usees there product.2qts of dbc base makes a gallon,epoxy should be able to be bought in a quart,as it is used to protect the bare metal,no need for a gallon.as painters we know how much of each product to buy according to the job..i bet your car looks great,
YOU QUOTED THE BIG $ITEMS...WHAT ABOUT 2-3 GAL PAINT STRIPER,METAL PREP,FILLERS,TAPES,PLASTIC BAGS,CHIP GUARD,SEALERS ETC.. FILL PRIMERS, (MAY US MORE THAN 1 GAL), SAND PAPER, COMPOUND,GLAZE....AND ON AND ON....IF YOU CONSIDER "ALL"THE ITEMS YOU USE TO DO THE COMPLETE STRIP, AND RE-PAINT,YOU MAY BE SUPPRISED..THE LAST GN I DID AN OVRALL ON (24,000 MILE) MATERALS WERE APPROX 1800.00...NO JOKE ,

no questions,just didnt see materials being 2,000.im a painter that paints all day everyday,collision and restoration.ppg is very good.as i am a certified gold ppg painter and our shop usees there product.2qts of dbc base makes a gallon,epoxy should be able to be bought in a quart,as it is used to protect the bare metal,no need for a gallon.as painters we know how much of each product to buy according to the job..i bet your car looks great,
YOU QUOTED THE BIG $ITEMS...WHAT ABOUT 2-3 GAL PAINT STRIPER,METAL PREP,FILLERS,TAPES,PLASTIC BAGS,CHIP GUARD,SEALERS ETC.. FILL PRIMERS, (MAY US MORE THAN 1 GAL), SAND PAPER, COMPOUND,GLAZE....AND ON AND ON....IF YOU CONSIDER "ALL"THE ITEMS YOU USE TO DO THE COMPLETE STRIP, AND RE-PAINT,YOU MAY BE SUPPRISED..THE LAST GN I DID AN OVRALL ON (24,000 MILE) MATERALS WERE APPROX 1800.00...NO JOKE ,
i would be suprised if i used 2-3 gals of stripper,materials can be pricey if you dont shop around or have a good paint rep that takes care of ya.any how,good luck on the paint jobs....4,000 grand is a killer deal.....

Do you have any estimate on painting jambs and repair quarters...I need total paint and repair... Cars stripped no interior back windows out front would stay...I have rust free full quarters but not looking to replace quarter only patch..Doors replaced with no rust and I would re-install all parts but bumpers

black owned;2641242]no questions,just didnt see materials being 2,000.im a painter that paints all day everyday,collision and restoration.ppg is very good.as i am a certified gold ppg painter and our shop usees there product.2qts of dbc base makes a gallon,epoxy should be able to be bought in a quart,as it is used to protect the bare metal,no need for a gallon.as painters we know how much of each product to buy according to the job..i bet your car looks great,

my .02 ... ... just did a complete strip (even jams to bare metal) w/ PPG. used tri-coat white platinum pearl for the base, and 3 coats of 893 performance clear.. I wish I only had $2,000 in materials, I have all the receipts to prove it..took me a year to get this thing painted, granted I didnt work on it every day, took every panel off the car, and had lots of custom body work to do also. This is my car so I can justify this, not for someone else, too much time involved...really tests a guys patients. :) Oh, I have a paint rep that "Donated" a Gallon of 893..and I get very good prices on materials in general..

$4,000 for all this work is a steal..all that detrimm, and prep..wow

Good luck to you man, it's a $hitty economy out there, I work everyday in a dealership bodyshop and know how it can be, Either swamped, or sitting on your a$$...thats the business. But, I wouldn't trade it for a thing, I love the flat rate system.

Agree with jason

my .02 ... ... Just did a complete strip (even jams to bare metal) w/ ppg. Used tri-coat white platinum pearl for the base, and 3 coats of 893 performance clear.. I wish i only had $2,000 in materials, i have all the receipts to prove it..took me a year to get this thing painted, granted i didnt work on it every day, took every panel off the car, and had lots of custom body work to do also. This is my car so i can justify this, not for someone else, too much time involved...really tests a guys patients. :) oh, i have a paint rep that "donated" a gallon of 893..and i get very good prices on materials in general..

$4,000 for all this work is a steal..all that detrimm, and prep..wow

good luck to you man, it's a $hitty economy out there, i work everyday in a dealership bodyshop and know how it can be, either swamped, or sitting on your a$$...thats the business. But, i wouldn't trade it for a thing, i love the flat rate system.
jason, makes a difference when we're working in our own garage and purchasing materals.. There are alot of hidden costs!! Anyhow jason in western pa, the shops are getting busy, we have alot of deer hits now...bodyman love these easy minor collisions..this past summer,shops wre not too busy,work was spotty..buck season is next week, snow is sure to be on it's way..