P.B.I.R. Pinks

Phatman

Senior Irish Member
I heard a rumor that someone is looking for a job after a less than stellar turn-out for the Pinks event...:eek: :eek:

I read on another forum that a guy named George who was supposedly the VP of Drag Race Operations at PBIR was "laid off" as they put it. Have heard a lot of different things about the track regarding tech being very relaxed right now. Pretty much seen it during the Wednesday TnT when I went up there with my dad to check it out. That is good news for the guys that want to run their cars that might not be exactly NHRA legal. :wink: :biggrin:

There are other things I've read about the contractors possibly taking legal action against the track for not being paid for work they completed, however, it sounds like there are other sides to this story specifically involving a contract which indicated a deadline for the track to be opened so who knows?? Regardless, from what I seen the track looks great and it seems to be hooking great which is awesome news for the racers/spectators. I hope even with the economy being in the toilet they can keep the track open and make enough of a profit to keep it operating up to its full potential.

I read on another forum that a guy named George who was supposedly the VP of Drag Race Operations at PBIR was "laid off" as they put it. Have heard a lot of different things about the track regarding tech being very relaxed right now. Pretty much seen it during the Wednesday TnT when I went up there with my dad to check it out. That is good news for the guys that want to run their cars that might not be exactly NHRA legal. :wink: :biggrin:

There are other things I've read about the contractors possibly taking legal action against the track for not being paid for work they completed, however, it sounds like there are other sides to this story specifically involving a contract which indicated a deadline for the track to be opened so who knows?? Regardless, from what I seen the track looks great and it seems to be hooking great which is awesome news for the racers/spectators. I hope even with the economy being in the toilet they can keep the track open and make enough of a profit to keep it operating up to its full potential.

Yep.....
George is gone, I haven't heard anything about a replacement as yet. I think with the new owner's it's going to require a little more than b.s. to land that job the next time around. I do feel a little for George, even considering he knew the crap he was spreading was b.s. and it may have flown elsewhere these guy's were looking for performance which he was unable to deliver.

It's a shame that he relocated his family down here from the great north only to be kicked to the curb. I haven't seen any racers crying about it though.

Are you and your pop comming up Saturday night?