Owners with GT6152's combo's and times please.

Just in case no one has seen one. Here are some pics of a GT61-52S. This is going on my TTA when it gets out of the paint shop:cool:

Attachments

• 6152S.JPG
    6152S.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,092
  • 6152SS.JPG
    6152SS.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,096
not sure if anybody reads this thread any more but just thought i would post. I took my dads car that has all the same mods as my car in the sig other than it has a ebay front mount, 3.42s, stock intake, 3200 9/11 and no suspension mods. At 25 psi and and no traction (crappy old bald nittos) it went 11.61 at 124.05 mph (7.5 96.5 1/8th). With slicks, a little suspension and a hard launch it should go high 10s. Backed it up with an 11.55 at 122.8 and 11.68 at 123.2. Timing was 23/21 on alky and 93. 60s were around 2.00, so nothing spectacular ET wise (in fact the car went 11.44 at 109 letting out on a botched pass last year in Oklahoma.

hey guy

it has been a while since i have been on this thread.

but i have since run the car from the lat time out @ BG 06

i ran the car @ rockingham dragway. times are in the sig and combo.

the coil pack was flaking out there too i have since changed over to the type 2 set-up. It runs really well now ;)

not sure if anybody reads this thread any more but just thought i would post. I took my dads car that has all the same mods as my car in the sig other than it has a ebay front mount, 3.42s, stock intake, 3200 9/11 and no suspension mods. At 25 psi and and no traction (crappy old bald nittos) it went 11.61 at 124.05 mph (7.5 96.5 1/8th). With slicks, a little suspension and a hard launch it should go high 10s. Backed it up with an 11.55 at 122.8 and 11.68 at 123.2. Timing was 23/21 on alky and 93. 60s were around 2.00, so nothing spectacular ET wise (in fact the car went 11.44 at 109 letting out on a botched pass last year in Oklahoma.

That is real impressive... she might just go 10's on relatively low boost with some better tires.....

Sooo...... get to it.... new tires.... let's see some more time slips........:biggrin:

Someone, please explain why people are running 25 PDS. of boost.
Seems to stretch. the motor . Am i wrong? TIA....

there is nothing wrong with 25 lbs of boost or 27 for that matter if the proper fueling is there to prevent detonation and keep the EGTs in the proper range:confused: On 93 octane alone it wouldn't have made it out of 1st gear before a head gasket blew. The motors are plenty strong and can last through a lot of power as long as detonation is kept away. Boost is only a measure of the air not getting into the cylinders. One setup may be built to run fast on 15 psi while another might run 30 and both will do it safely with the proper fuel and tuning.

i'm not running 25 psi

Like someone posted above the boost level is not the issue it keeping hte motor from rattleing it self to death.

One thing that i don't really agree on is high boost with high timing.

or high boost on 93 octane and alky with alot of timing.

so far i have run a best of 7.42/11.72 @ 113 mph with only 20 psi of boost and 16 degrees of timing. That run was also when i found i had a coil pack going bad and causing a miss fire problem.

I recently installed this turbo on my new T to replace the TE44 I had on there and I've been REAL impressed with it thus far. My dad ran this turbo for years and always had good luck with it running DEEP into the 11's in the 120's. Two weeks ago I took my car to the track with the new combo in my sig below and ran 11.41 @ 119.62 mph with just 20-21 psi and 26* of timing in 1st and 2nd, and 22* in 3rd....my short time was a terrible 1.77....93 octane and methanol. Convert that short time to a 1.57 and an 11.01 would have been mine if the hook was there! I'm in the process of addressing the rear suspension with an HR sway bar and a new set of MT drag radials. My dad's car had a LOT of passes at 25 psi and really didn't see any MPH gains over 25....more power at this boost level was gained from timing. I'm chewing at the bit to see what the car will run with 24-25 psi.

Thank you. I have had 5 cars. And hae neve done to 25 pnds. Even it I was redoing like my Limited now.I feel better running 20 pndes 1) 2)18 3) 17.

To each their own. Thought it was for more HP. Thnka for Help......Rob

New combo this year and went out last friday. time in sig. at 23-24# boost and 23 degree on timing. in 80-85 degree heat.

I know some of you guys are going to the track.....

Lets see those new times!

Ive got one id like to throw on for some testing. Only problem is the .63ex it has is going to choke the exhaust flow a little. I bet i can hit 123mph in 60 degree air though. If anyone has a used .85ex 3 bolt housing for a 52 trim let me know

And that part number for that housing you're looking for would be a THB5-52.

HTH

Patrick

jt got one of these for the 4.1

lets hope the 4.1 and an orange stripe style convertor will work in spool....?

New update

Went to us41 last night. Ran 4 11.40's at 118 and a best of 11.38 @ 118-119.
No time slip on that run but the lights were working.
Best time before was a 11.76 at 115. Did some reading on suspension and good launches and i decided to remove my hotchkis lowering springs in the rear and put the originals back in. WOW 1.48 60ft on the foot brake and on the last run of 11.38 i launched off the t-brake and pulled the left front.
I was running 26-27 # boost and 25* on 110 leaded.

Also met Tony Shoaf and saw his car. Very nice ride and thanks for the Fuel.:D :D

update

my best before i had a head gasket blow. I netted a 7.36 @ 96 with a 1.68 60ft spinning off the line. the boost would ramp up to 25 psi in first gear then it would settle to 22 psi. This was achieved with 114 octane with 20 degrees of ignition timing. I had the stock cam in the motor.